Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Guy from Port Vale slightly held up. Still expected to go through 
    Can any of today’s signings play tomorrow @DubaiCAFC or did they miss the cut off?
  • edited January 19
    Who wants to start the Alfie May to Gillingham rumours, now we’re buying loads of strikers?
  • fenaddick said:
    Daniel Kanu right about now

Disappointed Standing In The Rain GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY
    That's not Kanu, that's David Tennant 
    That’s not David Tennant, that’s Dr Who.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Not signing him now according to Cawley!
  • fenaddick said:
    Daniel Kanu right about now

Disappointed Standing In The Rain GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY
    That's not Kanu, that's David Tennant 
    That’s not David Tennant, that’s the Doctor
    Who?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
  • edited January 19
    Oh that's a little bit brutal on Uche if true, given he's taken the effort to travel down here

Guess thats the nature of how Transfers can go in Football
  • Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    NabySarr said:
    jondon76 said:
    All these signings are great but there's no good having a formula one car if you’re going to get Mr Bean to drive it.
    Even Mr Bean would have probably switched to 2 up top a few weeks before Appleton 
    And who would have played there with May Leaburn and Aneke all injured 
    Tedic would have done a job there as it is his position. Never even considered - put him on the wing or up top on his own - incredible. 

DubaiCAFC said:
    Bailey said:
    Uboat said:
    I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it has been covered. Can someone explain the logic of getting Lapado on loan? Does that mean the owners think we can still go up this year?
    I wouldn't have thought so U-boat. It's more likely that they can see CBT moving on and that would leave a huge hole in the goals 'for'  column. Both forwards within the club are injured long term and even though Chuks could be back training at the end of Febuary, his injury record suggests he could break down at anytime. Any suggested plan by the owners does not work if we get relegated, we don't address the problems in the forward line, then there is a good chance that can happen.
    It’s all terrible negative this window DOUCHER said:
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-explains-formation-change-as-doubts-over-future-of-main-wingers-a-factor/

Interesting piece , didn't realise TC was out of contract at the end of the season. 
    unbelievable - man's a confirmed buffoon if he's only just realised these thing

What part of that article suggested that he has only just realised these things ?If you don't like him or rate him as a manager, that's fine Doucher but twisting an article to enrich your opinion is stretching it a bit. 
    actions speak louder than words - he's had a minimum of 2 months to make this change - ever since leaburn and chucks got injured - the fact he hasn't has meant we have now slipped completely out of the play off picture - i don't dislike apples i just can't fathom how a football manager could continue playing the way we were  
    Your solution was to play Tedic up there, sorry but he was a shocker, up there with Penny as one of the worst. 
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    NabySarr said:
    jondon76 said:
    All these signings are great but there's no good having a formula one car if you’re going to get Mr Bean to drive it.
    Even Mr Bean would have probably switched to 2 up top a few weeks before Appleton 
    Tedic would have done a job there as it is his position. Never even considered - put him on the wing or up top on his own - incredible. 

DubaiCAFC said:
    Bailey said:
    Uboat said:
    I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it has been covered. Can someone explain the logic of getting Lapado on loan? Does that mean the owners think we can still go up this year?
    I wouldn't have thought so U-boat. It's more likely that they can see CBT moving on and that would leave a huge hole in the goals 'for'  column. Both forwards within the club are injured long term and even though Chuks could be back training at the end of Febuary, his injury record suggests he could break down at anytime. Any suggested plan by the owners does not work if we get relegated, we don't address the problems in the forward line, then there is a good chance that can happen.
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-explains-formation-change-as-doubts-over-future-of-main-wingers-a-factor/

Interesting piece , didn't realise TC was out of contract at the end of the season. 

What part of that article suggested that he has only just realised these things ?If you don't like him or rate him as a manager, that's fine Doucher but twisting an article to enrich your opinion is stretching it a bit. 
    actions speak louder than words - he's had a minimum of 2 months to make this change - ever since leaburn and chucks got injured - the fact he hasn't has meant we have now slipped completely out of the play off picture - i don't dislike apples i just can't fathom how a football manager could continue playing the way we were  
    Your solution was to play Tedic up there, sorry but he was a shocker, up there with Penny as one of the worst. 
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    NabySarr said:
    jondon76 said:

DubaiCAFC said:
    Bailey said:
    Uboat said:
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    MarcusH26 said:

We couldn’t have got less points surely and then once Kanu was back he could have played him up there with may as well - piss poor football management no question about it 
  • edited January 19
    Cawley isn’t wrong on that one Ikpeazu, isn’t happening now. He wasn’t there today.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Cawley isn’t wrong on that one Ikpeazu, isn’t happening now
    So long as we can still try and get Aaron Collins I'm not too disappointed, especially if Aneke is only a couple of weeks away
  • Sponsored links:

• Guess once Ladapo became available we decided we don’t need Ikpeazu. Possibly just used to make Ipswich reconsider too
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    His information isn't up to date, waiting on Charlie to tell him it's off.
  • I'd prefer Ladapo (and on loan as this season isn't going anywhere) than Ikpeazu.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Shame I was liking the sound of him and having back up. 
    Maybe Jake Young is back on instead 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    Charlie who?? Never spoke to him in my life 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What’s the hold up mate?
    Insert another name here 
  • RedRobin said:
    Reckon the Jake Young story might have some legs to it. 
    Would be another signing in the right direction. First time in years I’ve thought the owners have some proper ambition to get us back to at least challenging in this bloody league. Long may it continue!