Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I’m getting very boring in my old age but I’m taking the approach of not trying to analyse too much until the window is closed. There’s too many moving parts and we need to see where we are once it’s all done. Certainly ripping it up though. 
    It’s called patience mate which some people seem to lack
    True. But I am getting very boring as well :-) 
  • I managed to convince himself that Ikpeazu was exactly what we needed, so I’m a bit gutted now it seems to be off. 
    Who is this Ladapo anyway? And can he hold the ball up?
  • Welcome Reg and Freddy. On paper, some v good business. Hoping it translates where it matters “on the grass”. 

At the risk of sounding greedy, would still like us to strengthen a bit more in defence, the root cause of our issues this season. 

No doubt we’re in the process of a bigger overhaul than originally planned. 
  • edited January 20
    'kin helll
    May and Delapo.
    Neme me a better front two in this shit pit?
  • Reams says we’ve put in a 700k bid for Aaron Collins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we know more about the story with Uche? 

Was he always a backup option if we failed to get Ladapo? (If so a bit harsh to have him there having his medical the same time as Ladapo). Or were we actually after another striker but something went wrong with him so we are still looking? 

Was he always a backup option if we failed to get Ladapo? (If so a bit harsh to have him there having his medical the same time as Ladapo). Or were we actually after another striker but something went wrong with him so we are still looking? 
    I thought somebody said it was location hence looking for increased personal terms. How reliable that info was I don’t know🤷‍♂️. A shame because we need another forward and he ticked the hold up player box for me if not the prolific scoring one.

Apparently we were not 100% happy with his medical ? whether we will investigate more who knows perhaps Aneke being back in the next two weeks may have made us switch to a diff type of striker ??. but bit disappointed because I think we will still a person like him 

I don't know anything but my personal guess is that he was always 3rd or 4th choice and Ladapo becoming available/signing meant that a striker was no longer such a priority.

I suspect we have other options and deals to focus on and we will come back to him later IF those do not work out.

Probably harsh on Uche but that's football sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

If bids of 500k were going in for JCH with 6 months left on his contract, there's no way Bristol Rovers are accepting 700k for a guy with 18 months left. I'd expect they'll want a 1m+. 
    If bids of 500k were going in for JCH with 6 months left on his contract, there's no way Bristol Rovers are accepting 700k for a guy with 18 months left. I'd expect they'll want a 1m+. 
    Starting bid to test the water .. most likely have to go to 1 mill - 1.2 mill to get him but worth every penny 
  • Just got back from my curry, any more ‘in’s and outs’ whilst I’ve been away?

Yeah, I popped around to see your wife …
    I thought I recognised you as I was leaving just as you were arriving. 
  • Really hope more than anything MA proves me wrong, but I just can't see it his whole demeanour since he's been with us is like meh like it's just another job to him, I'd never really heard of Holden until he joined but he got everyone onside from the beginning same with Bowyer, and I just haven't seen any of this with Appleton hes got this annoying shrug of the shoulders sort of attitude like he don't care enough, but as I said really hope with all this backing more than Holden had and probably more than Bowyer as well that he turns things round.
  • DOUCHER said:
    things are looking more positive for us today than they have for many years  - a shame we're so far off the play offs but its been a very good couple of weeks in the transfer market and at long last, things are starting to look up - formation change and good new players  and things appear not to be built on sand which was the case in the powell and bowyer booms - christ have we needed this - we're all set for take off !!! COYR!!! 
    Shame we didn't get the last two signings in for todays game, but at least Appleton can put a more experienced back line and midfield together for the game, get the other side of the window then see if Appleton can put a team together, there will be no excuses if can't. 3, 5, 2 Doucher ?
  • edited January 20
    Just got back from my curry, any more ‘in’s and outs’ whilst I’ve been away?
    There’ll probably be a lot more outs from your rear end later;)
  • Yann897 said:
    jondon76 said:
    Really hope more than anything MA proves me wrong, but I just can't see it his whole demeanour since he's been with us is like meh like it's just another job to him, I'd never really heard of Holden until he joined but he got everyone onside from the beginning same with Bowyer, and I just haven't seen any of this with Appleton hes got this annoying shrug of the shoulders sort of attitude like he don't care enough, but as I said really hope with all this backing more than Holden had and probably more than Bowyer as well that he turns things round.
    That’s a fair point about Appleton as I kind of agree but the players speak highly of him and I really like the fact he went to meet Conor Coventry’s parents for a tea to convince him to sign, hopefully now he’s got the players he wants he can prove the doubters wrong 🤞🏻

Agreed the owners and SMT have done their part, Apples needs to prove he can get a tune out of what is now a strong league one side, if he can't by summer I'm sure changes will be made to protect their investment.