Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    things are looking more positive for us today than they have for many years  - a shame we're so far off the play offs but its been a very good couple of weeks in the transfer market and at long last, things are starting to look up - formation change and good new players  and things appear not to be built on sand which was the case in the powell and bowyer booms - christ have we needed this - we're all set for take off !!! COYR!!! 
    Shame we didn't get the last two signings in for todays game, but at least Appleton can put a more experienced back line and midfield together for the game, get the other side of the window then see if Appleton can put a team together, there will be no excuses if can't. 3, 5, 2 Doucher ?
    yes - i told scott what he needed to do and it looks like him and apples have finally accepted it and got with the programme -  onwards and upwards !!
  • Fair play to the board, they have put their hands in their pockets, been aggressive and swift, more refreshingly no longer shopping in Poundland.

yes and haven't been looking for the last day reductions - makes a nice change 
  • NabySarr said:
    RoytheBoy said:
    Simple answer, the new owners did not have enough time to research new players after taking over and the transfer window closing.
    Scott surely knew he was going to be coming back? And it’s not like we aren’t signing well-known names at this level, Scott would have been aware of them all before even getting the job. I don’t think that excuse holds up really 
    100%
    Right before we get into the next calvacade of supposition I am sorry but while am long past vilifying anybody can we please stop this nonsense.

It is not legally possible for Andy Scott to have acted on behalf of the club from early Feb 2023.

1. The previous takeover talks broke down to the point of threatened litigation.
    2. Sandgaard terminated Scotts’ contract.
    3. Sandgaard was actively pursuing alternative investment.
    4. As at Feb 13, Jon Smith was set to be appointed Technical Director

On what basis do you suppose Sandgaard would allow an ex employee to talk to clubs, agents and if allowed players representing an alternative opportunity with the club to the one he was overseeing? As a minimum Sandgaard would have secured a cease & desist order with financial penalties.

How could Scott position himself as representing the club? It would be blatant misrepresentation with specific reputation, fiscal and future career consequences.

Please run me through the dialogue Scott could possibly have had with prospective players, their clubs and their agents? What exactly would be your sales pitch on behalf of a club you are palpably not authorised to represent?

Any suggestion he could have acted on behalf of the new investors still registers as not only gross interference in club affairs but in direct  it breach of EFL rules. No party may seek to influence club affairs without having been specifically vetted & approved by the EFL.

Even when headline agreements was reached in June the restrictions would have remained in place. It was not even at this  point within the remit of either Sandgaard or Global Partners. After the Jan 2020 debacle for any transfer of ownership agreement to be binding it specifically required EFL sanction. It  was not provided until 23 July.

If you know otherwise then I am sure the EFL would pleased to hear about it.

That is the reality.

When 90% of our competitors were able to act without restriction why is any club, agent or player going to hold talks with any unauthorised and unlicensed party. Being palpably unable to put any money on the table positions any contract discussions as meaningless.

As usual an informative and accurate appraisal of the situation mate thank you.

unfortunately it doesn’t suit the narrative pushed out at every opportunity by some that we are being plundered by a group of chancers
  • edited January 20
    I’ve been told our bid for Collins was rejected but the player is keen on the move. One that might develop over the next 10 days if there is pressure from the player side, ultimately might be one we have to re-visit in the summer if we can’t agree a reasonable figure with Brizzle now.
    We’ll face stiff competition too. Collins is a very good league one player and I’d guess a couple of Championship clubs will also be watching. Does he have a release clause I wonder ?
  • edited January 20
    I watched that vid aswell this morning @scoham totally agree he looks quality knows how to create space for himself and get shots off with either foot and a great age too, definitely the sort of young player we should be bringing in to learn off alfie/ladapo and contribute aswell.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Can’t argue with the owners, they seem to have spent well. Coventry and REG sound like v good signings for us. 
    Let’s not forget Bakinson, who looked very useful on debut. 
    all looking good but ladapo will make the biggest immediate impact out of them all 
  • Sponsored links:

• The new owners have put their hands in their pocket invested heavily and  let’s not forget the permanent signings and loans have been from clubs in higher divisions showing great ambition .

It’s still early days but after years of disappointment with different ownership’s these guys seem the real deal.
  • Steven81 said:
    I watched that vid aswell this morning @scoham totally agree he looks quality knows how to create space for himself and get shots off with either foot and a great age too, definitely the sort of young player we should be bringing in to learn off alfie/ladapo and contribute aswell.
    I forgot to mention him scoring with either foot, great to have that in a striker. If his hold up play is decent he could be the sort of player who could play alongside May/Kanu or Leaburn/Ladapo/Aneke.

The gamble is whether he’s just had a good run of form, but if he moves to another L1 club and scoring goals at this level he could be out of our price range in a year or two.
  • Funny how we still keep focusing on Swindon! 
  • edited January 20
    Scoham said:
    I forgot to mention him scoring with either foot, great to have that in a striker. If his hold up play is decent he could be the sort of player who could play alongside May/Kanu or Leaburn/Ladapo/Aneke.

The gamble is whether he’s just had a good run of form, but if he moves to another L1 club and scoring goals at this level he could be out of our price range in a year or two.

Yeah I'd say he's definitively worth a punt at a decent price if we could get him,looks a level above league 2 and even if it took him a year or two to find his feet in the higher divisions I reckon he would be one of those players as you say you regret not getting in early as will then be out of our grasp/price range. 

• Bit odd that Carlisle have showed their hand by saying they could afford the fee for Young but think it’s too high. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can’t argue with the owners, they seem to have spent well. Coventry and REG sound like v good signings for us. 
    all looking good but ladapo will make the biggest immediate impact out of them all 
    I’ve only seen him play twice, but I’ll take your word for it 👍
  • Scoham said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Maybe it was going to be Ladapo & Ikpe, with May as 10.
    Now Ladapo & May with Collins as 10.
    Just thinking aloud.
    Could be right, as Collins can play up front maybe we’ve made progress with that deal there isn’t a need for Uche.
    Think it’s more to do with Jake Young then Collins

Just watched some of Jake Young’s goals for Swindon - looks a very exciting player. Likes to run at defences, scores inside and outside the box, and is 6 ft 1 so passes the height test. Carlisle claim they can afford the price quoted but feel it’s too high. Might be ridiculous for them but affordable for us? A 21 year old with height, pace and goals is going to have a lot of potential, the sort of player who could step up to the Championship in time. https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/24062785.bradford-city-reject-third-bid-striker-jake-young/ https://youtu.be/2ZTtEF3CJfo?si=mpyEbpxGJQsgn5jF
    Would be a great signing.

Great age & scores goals with both feet.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can Ladapo play today?

Was he registered in time?
  • I long for Uche  :'(
  • Haven't checked since yesterday, what happened to the port vale bloke, failed medical?
  • edited January 20
    Haven't checked since yesterday, what happened to the port vale bloke, failed medical?
    Couldn't afford to buy or rent a tiny bedsit in London on the wages we were paying.  ;)
  • Haven't checked since yesterday, what happened to the port vale bloke, failed medical?
    Couldn't afford to buy or rent a tiny bedsit in London on the wages we were paying.  ;)

Delusions of grandeur at it's most apt...🙄
    Apparently he wanted more wages to live in London.
    They used to call that London Weighting. Is that no longer a thing?
  • DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can Ladapo play today?

Was he registered in time?
    I hope so as he on Sky bet for Charlton and i have a bet on him to score. However, that said, CBT is on there, so it probably doesn't mean a thing. If they don't platy they just void the bet. 
  • I'm not too sure on Aaron Collins.Looks like a bit of a one season wonder (last year at Rovers) and this season he hasn't done much. Before B.Rovers he didnt do much either.