Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 20
    I'm not too sure on Aaron Collins.Looks like a bit of a one season wonder (last year at Rovers) and this season he hasn't done much. Before B.Rovers he didnt do much either. 
    The Rovers fans view of him on their forum isn't great either, lots of comments around poor performances, poor attitude, diving, his head being turned etc. Almost all of them just want rid and therfore feels like a huge gamble if we're going to have to pay 1m or more to get him, albeit he's a quality player at this level and his stats (particularly last season) show there's real quality there.

We're all disappointed by the way the likes of Kirk, Fraser etc have turned out for us and feels like a bit part of the issue is personality/workrate/attitude (and always makes me think back to that summer under Powell when we had a huge turnover of players, at the time CP was very clear that every addition needed to be the 'right' personality for the squad...
  • JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can’t argue with the owners, they seem to have spent well. Coventry and REG sound like v good signings for us. 
    Let’s not forget Bakinson, who looked very useful on debut. 
    all looking good but ladapo will make the biggest immediate impact out of them all 
    I’ve only seen him play twice, but I’ll take your word for it 👍
    Tbf I can’t remember seeing him play but any striker with some  physical presence will make a massive difference for us and from what I’ve read he seems to have what we need 
  • DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Can’t argue with the owners, they seem to have spent well. Coventry and REG sound like v good signings for us. 
    Let’s not forget Bakinson, who looked very useful on debut. 
    all looking good but ladapo will make the biggest immediate impact out of them all 
    Can Ladapo play today?

Was he registered in time?
    Seems so 
  • I have a mate who supports Bristol rovers and says he’s had a dip this year but is quality and will be mustard in the hole behind may and ladapo and can also play wide  
  • If 8 assists and three goals is a dip in form (only 3 less G/A than cbt) then I say snap him up now 
  • edited January 20
    Some rumours earlier in the window linking us with Bromley's Ben Krauhaus, but he's now going to Brentford. 
  • If 8 assists and three goals is a dip in form (only 3 less G/A than cbt) then I say snap him up now 
    Think I read he was voted league 1 player of the year last year 
  • Sponsored links:

• Collins the best in this league with Camara close second .. get them both in the same line up WOW
  • Collins the best in this league with Camara close second .. get them both in the same line up WOW
    Alfie May is the best in the Division .... 3 years running.

Without him Cheltenham could go down.
    Without him we WOULD be in the bottom 4 probably marooned.

He wontgo higher than many in this division but his value to the teams he plays for is most likely, unrivalled.
  • ButtleJR said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If 8 assists and three goals is a dip in form (only 3 less G/A than cbt) then I say snap him up now 
    Think I read he was voted league 1 player of the year last year 
    He was. Would be some signing! Have a feeling we will get him in the last few days of the window. Player is keen apparently. 
    As an outside player looking you would think that the ambition we appear to be showing in our transfers this year will make them much more interested in entertaining a move. 
  • Chunes said:
    Some rumours earlier in the window linking us with Bromley's Ben Krauhaus, but he's now going to Brentford. 
    Honestly I don't think he'd fit with our current strategy - we seem to mostly be targeting players with a record at this level or above. If we need "potential" then we look at the academy.
  • I know it is not hard with our team, but when i was watching the stream game against Bristol Rovers , he was the one player that stood out for me.  There are certain players in certain teams that if I see them once and I think they great on my 1st viewing i sit there wishing we had the money  to go after these players. Same at the home game. Many years ago when Charlton played against Bury away, I remember saying me to me mate "if it wasn't for that guy in the Bury game who kept making sae after save we would have won that. When we signed Dean Kiely a couple of years later I was well pleased and I remembered that game. I feel the same way about Collins. 
  • Lets Parade him at the proper Valley, nice symmetry
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully he can help cook up some results.
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I have a mate who supports Bristol rovers and says he’s had a dip this year but is quality and will be mustard in the hole behind may and ladapo and can also play wide  
    Ouch

• I pray gillesphey is the commanding defender we're lacking. Jones just really isn't good enough and I'm not sure Ness is. Actually think we'd have conceded less (and probably scored more) just keeping Inniss this season.
  • Just passing on a rumour from Facebook from a supposed reliable source that Dobson to Hungary is basically done. Personally, wouldn’t have expected him to play today if that was the case but who knows 
  • follett said:
    Just passing on a rumour from Facebook from a supposed reliable source that Dobson to Hungary is basically done. Personally, wouldn’t have expected him to play today if that was the case but who knows 
    if that’s true he’ll be gone in the summer not now 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Quite clever to change to a winger-less formation right before we lose one of our best players. Can justify it more with the shape change
    Although there is no goals in the midfield , nothing potent from the wing backs , and weaknesses in goal and in defence .  I wager Appleton ditches 352 quickly and then gets the sack.  We don’t have any cover for Edun at LWB- ideally we sign someone better .  
  • Scoham said:

bin him. Not good enough like CBT  ;)