Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Steven81 said:
    So that's two more creative classy signing we should be bringing in then now we've lost Cbt and Fraser......
    We know we want a number 10 and another striker. I’m also thinking we’ll be looking at a winger too.
    I’d be surprised. If we’re going 352 we’d be better looking at another wing back or 2.
  • Oggy Red said:
    I'm done with soft players that let their heads drop at the first sign of a setback.

I just wished we signed players with a bit of fire in their belly.

This. Remember seeing Bolton last season at our place thinking what a top side they were all over the pitch, that’s what you get when you hire a top coach. Hope after the owners kick up the arse re putting their hands in their pocket for players will soon apply for a decent manager too. 
  • edited January 21
    Nicholas said:
    Not a fan of Fraser but maybe playing a diamond midfield of Dobson at the base, Bakinson and Coventry in the Middle and Fraser at the top of the diamond may just work, let him create things with 3 work horses behind him and 2 very good strikers in front of him.  

We have all these new players, CBT about to go, Fraser about to go and Watson not really liked by thay dick head manager we now have no one who can create. It’s fecking hideous this cock manager doesnt see it.
    Coventry looks more of a defensive midfielder than an 8 I.e another sideways crab McGrandles type (that usually just plays the easy ball instead of a forward ball).

It’s hard to see what formation Andy Scott is recruiting for when we already had Dobson doing the above role well (I worry he doesn’t know himself). He’s overloading us with number 4s and we have a lack of 8s who can go forward, create & shoot.

Louis Watson needs to come into the team to play the 8 role to help get us up the pitch.
  • Nicholas said:
    Not a fan of Fraser but maybe playing a diamond midfield of Dobson at the base, Bakinson and Coventry in the Middle and Fraser at the top of the diamond may just work, let him create things with 3 work horses behind him and 2 very good strikers in front of him.  

We have all these new players, CBT about to go, Fraser about to go and Watson not really liked by thay dick head manager we now have no one who can create. It’s fecking hideous this cock manager doesnt see it.
    Coventry looks more of a defensive midfielder than an 8 I.e another sideways crab McGrandles type (that usually just plays the easy ball instead of a forward ball).

It’s hard to see what formation Andy Scott is recruiting for when we already had Dobson doing the above role well (I worry he doesn’t know himself). He’s overloading us with number 4s and we have a lack of 8s who can go forward, create & shoot.

Louis Watson needs to come into the team to play the 8 role to help get us up the pitch.
    The club do of course need to plan for the possibility of Dobson leaving. The signing of Coventry is I think seen as an upgrade on Dobson anyway. The club are actively looking to sign a “playmaker” hence the interest in Collins. The squad is still unbalanced but it at least looks like it’s being addressed. Still a third of the window remaining.
  • Nicholas said:

The club do of course need to plan for the possibility of Dobson leaving. The signing of Coventry is I think seen as an upgrade on Dobson anyway. The club are actively looking to sign a “playmaker” hence the interest in Collins. The squad is still unbalanced but it at least looks like it’s being addressed. Still a third of the window remaining.
    You have to look at the stats now. There is clearly a problem with the back four/three. Whatever formation we have played they have looked fragile. A commanding centre back is a must and the goalkeeping situation needs to be looked at again. Maynard Brewer was second choice to Isted until the latter's injury, so for the last three months we have our second choice goalkeeper in between the posts, and in between the posts is exactly where he stays when danger threatens, never takes command in the six yard box and doesn't bawl the defenders in front of him, people won't like what I'm saying but at this point in his career, he is not a good goalkeeper. 
  • I suspect Fiorini is seen as the replacement for Fraser as the 10 who plays behind the striker/s.

As to whether he's an upgrade it's too early to say.

The team from yesterday remained unbalanced, weak in defence, lacking creativity and even stopped doing the one thing we have done consistently well  this season ie score goals.

Lots of new players to bed in already and we probably need another striker/wide man like Collins.

And unless REG and MG are going to play full back we need an upgrade their too imho.

It's all going to take time but I can't see any improvement in the team play, if anything we are getting worse.
    Cant argue with any of that. A motivator who cares should be able to get a tune of this team.
  • I suspect Fiorini is seen as the replacement for Fraser as the 10 who plays behind the striker/s.

As to whether he's an upgrade it's too early to say.

The team from yesterday remained unbalanced, weak in defence, lacking creativity and even stopped doing the one thing we have done consistently well  this season ie score goals.

Lots of new players to bed in already and we probably need another striker/wide man like Collins.

And unless REG and MG are going to play full back we need an upgrade their too imho.

It's all going to take time but I can't see any improvement in the team play, if anything we are getting worse.
    Fiorini will definitely bring more energy to the midfield
  • Scoham said:
    Simpleton posts on Facebook > fellow simpleton takes at face value and posts on Charlton Life > I read post.

Life at the back end of the human centipede.
    I thought this was the rumours thread? I never said I believed it, I just shared a rumour.

Thanks for sharing Scoham as we all needed a good laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• When the team under-performs for so long you have to question why? It's fair to say Fraser was one of the biggest contributors towards us under-performing. He had his good days but not enough of them to justify him no doubt being one of our biggest earners.

When you see smaller teams performing better than us with smaller budgets it really hits home that we shouldn't accept under-performing as the norm and if that means moving on most of the squad for a rebuild then so be it.
  • So that’s CBT & Fraser out the door this window (Highest assist makes in the squad). Assuming Anderson will get a loan move. Appleton mentioned one or two more, assuming that’s another striker + one more.
    That’ll be CBT. Zero goals or assists from Fraser in the league this season I’m afraid. 
  • edited January 21
    So if Appleton is now out of a job, who does Scott go to for players coming in B)?
  • So if Appleton is now out of a job, who does Scott go to for players coming in B)?
    Michael Duff
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Hope he finally finds a decorator…
  • edited January 21
    So if Appleton is now out of a job, who does Scott go to for players coming in B)?
    Michael Duff
    My son reckons he would sort us out formation wise, are we an attractive enough club?
  • So if Appleton is now out of a job, who does Scott go to for players coming in B)?
    Michael Duff
    My son reckons he would sort us out formation wise, are we an attractive enough club?
    Not anymore.

Long gone are the days that we were a model to look upto.

• Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Hope he finally finds a decorator…
    Maybe Apples is handy with a paint brush and Roller...🤔
  • No noise coming out of the club today transfers wise
    Scott runs the show, so whoever we appoint will likely be working with the players he gets given.

Let's not forget that Appleton wasn't appointed as manager, he was head coach.
  • sam3110 said:
    No noise coming out of the club today transfers wise
    Apart from Harry Kedwell leaving on loan... 
  • Scoham said:
    That will get some wages off the books for sure. Can now sign Messi. 
    Scott runs the show, so whoever we appoint will likely be working with the players he gets given.

Let's not forget that Appleton wasn't appointed as manager, he was head coach.
    Manager / Head coach - same difference. 

We all know it means who takes training, sets tactics & formations, chooses the team on a matchday etc etc.