Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Jones cost us two points against Port Vale, was rubbish against Posh and had a part in both goals today. Yes, he was one of our better players but needs a rest urgently IMO. At this time he is a liability lacking in dfensive awareness. I'm sure he will become an asset again but needs some coaching to see where the danger is.
    PV one was pen , one was down to L Watson .. not sure what game you saw .. Posh first was fault of T Campbell .. today Ness was the first and Coventry the second 
    đŸ€Ą
  • That they pay his wages I assume.
  • edited January 21
    Jones cost us two points against Port Vale, was rubbish against Posh and had a part in both goals today. Yes, he was one of our better players but needs a rest urgently IMO. At this time he is a liability lacking in dfensive awareness. I'm sure he will become an asset again but needs some coaching to see where the danger is.
    PV one was pen , one was down to L Watson .. not sure what game you saw .. Posh first was fault of T Campbell .. today Ness was the first and Coventry the second 
    Ness missed a header. Brownie and Curbs said ‘that happens’, but it was what happened after that that was inexcusable. 
    And you don’t think the second was at least equally down to Watson cheating the ball down to their player in the six yard box and Jones not anticipating or blocking? Youre wrong about PV as well. We conceded three against them you know?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Jones cost us two points against Port Vale, was rubbish against Posh and had a part in both goals today. Yes, he was one of our better players but needs a rest urgently IMO. At this time he is a liability lacking in dfensive awareness. I'm sure he will become an asset again but needs some coaching to see where the danger is.
    Ness missed a header. Brownie and Curbs said ‘that happens’, but it was what happened after that that was inexcusable. 
    And you don’t think the second was at least equally down to Watson cheating the ball down to their player in the six yard box and Jones not anticipating or blocking? Youre wrong about PV as well. We conceded three against them you know?
    But if Ness had not sold himself there was no need to go that far up the pitch there was no danger at all .. doing so left open space behind him .. and if Coventry had done a Jimmy Giles that ball would be in row Z then they would have been  unable to be put back into our box 
 the only other question would be why AMB not coming to calm that either .. but the ball should never have been in there in the first phase .. PV first goal Anderson pen second and third AMB deffo the second and the third L Watson fails to cut out the pass on the edge of our box but again the shot should not be beating AMB 

• Scott is contracted until 2025, so will have to find him another club in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad Fraser is being moved out. Club showing some compassion for his situation and showing some ambition thinking we can do better. Fraser is a good footballer. Charlton has been a graveyard for decent players for some time. I wish him well.
    It's kind of similar to the Kirk situation, wasn't working for football reasons and it helps out a player in a kind way. I'd be happy if we became known for looking after players regardless of their place in the team.
  • edited January 21
    Scoham said:

As if Andy Scott would say that. Load of rubbish.
    He might not have actually said it, but Coventry playing in Dobbo's position yesterday will have delivered the same message.
  • Chunes said:
    Scott is contracted until 2025, so will have to find him another club in the summer.
    Best case scenario is that he does well up there and Hearts (and/or others) want to sign him. Hearts didn’t look great in their match against the Spartans yesterday so hopefully he can force his way into the side. 
  • Another Kirk deal where we are still paying him for years because we can't shift the players on. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    I'm done with soft players that let their heads drop at the first sign of a setback.

I just wished we signed players with a bit of fire in their belly.

We lacked winners in the team and I think that is being addressed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm done with soft players that let their heads drop at the first sign of a setback.

I just wished we signed players with a bit of fire in their belly.

I don’t feel MA helps, some of his comments give the impression his expectations and standards are too low.

Reminds me of Bowyer taking over from Robinson - we did well because as well as giving the players confidence they were expected to show quality as well as work hard.

MA talks as if competing in half a game against Peterborough is a positive.
    I know what you mean, these players need to be pushed hard in training.

We need a no nonsense manager .......is Colin W*nker available?  :)

• edited January 21
    So that’s CBT & Fraser out the door this window (Highest assist makes in the squad). Assuming Anderson will get a loan move. Appleton mentioned one or two more, assuming that’s another striker + one more.
  • Not a fan of Fraser but maybe playing a diamond midfield of Dobson at the base, Bakinson and Coventry in the Middle and Fraser at the top of the diamond may just work, let him create things with 3 work horses behind him and 2 very good strikers in front of him.  

We have all these new players, CBT about to go, Fraser about to go and Watson not really liked by thay dick head manager we now have no one who can create. Its fecking hideous this cock manager doesnt see it.
  • Probably naive but hoping our willingness to sell our biggest attacking threat to what should be a rival and our pulling out of signing the lump from Vale is that we want to use that income boost to bring in a top quality striker on a permanent. 

If that's someone new or to boost the financial package offered to JCH. 
  • So Appleton seems to have lost the fan base for obvious reasons. 

Is there any way back for him now or is he a busted flush? 

Personally I think he is done. 
  • So that's two more creative classy signing we should be bringing in then now we've lost Cbt and Fraser......