Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 19
    Addick_8 said:
    A midfielder we are looking at is 100% Aaron Collins - that one has come straight from Sparrows lane. Not too sure why it’s a big secret it’s quite well known 😂
    Isn't he more of a winger/striker? Might be a good replacement for CBT if we're still going to play with wingers but if we're already finalising Ikpeazu and Ladapo I would be surprised to see us still looking at him as a striker for a 352
    Unless we play more of a 3-4-2-1, bit like how Port Vale lined up against us

Uche or Freddie as the target man up front

Collins and May just behind them, with Louie Watson and Fiorini as back up.

Either that, and we had to go back to 4-3-3 for whatever reason, we'd have May / Uche as the middle man

Collins, Ladapo, Tyreece can then compete for the two wide roles.
  • Interesting thoughts from Bristol Rovers fans on Collins.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/21983/aaron-collins

Goals have dried up though he has 8 assists according to BBC, one of the best in the league.

Critisized for lack of effort, being lightweight, diving but some want him up front rather than elsewhere.

Sounds like the ability is there but they’re not getting the best out of him for whatever reason.

Perhaps he wants a move? I know they wanted £2m or something ridiculous a year or two ago.
  • I am personally pleased with this window, seems a real shift in strategy and the owners are putting their money where their mouth is. My only issue is a really don't think Appleton is the man to take us forward, even with a host of new, better quality players.
    Probably agree, but that will probably change if we can start picking up wins. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    A midfielder we are looking at is 100% Aaron Collins - that one has come straight from Sparrows lane. Not too sure why it’s a big secret it’s quite well known 😂
    Isn't he more of a winger/striker? Might be a good replacement for CBT if we're still going to play with wingers but if we're already finalising Ikpeazu and Ladapo I would be surprised to see us still looking at him as a striker for a 352
    Can/would play in the 10
  • So many Names, If's, and Maybe's going around...it's doin my 'ead in...

• Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Can/would play in the 10
    Seems to play just behind the target man against us and always catches the eye with his mobility, touch and intelligence.  I've been an admirer for a while but assume he is out of our range - but if he WANTS to move then maybe the perspective is slightly different.
  • To be honest, I cant see Rovers letting Aaron Collins go in January - Maybe in the Summer, but don't they have pretty rich owners themselves now?... Hence why they were able to go for Clarke-Harris - Only positive is that his Contract will be up in 2025.
    He will cost a mill easy 
  • edited January 19
    IF we sign all 5 names mentioned (massive IF) and go 352 or a variation of:

Isted Maynard-Brewer Ward

Asiimwe Watson

Abankwah Edmonds-Green Elerewe Gillesphey Hector Jones Ness Thomas 

Blackett-Taylor Edun

Anderson Bakinson Camara Coventry Dobson Fiorini Fraser McGrandles Watson

Aneke Campbell Collins Ikpeazu Kanu Ladapo Leaburn May 

you'd expect 6/7 outgoings at least to balance the books and the squad. We'd also be a left wingback light still in my opinion. 

I'd imagine Abankwah gets sent back, Blackett-Taylor and Fraser get sold and Kanu, Elerewe, Campbell and Anderson to be candidates for loans out
  • Collins could certainly drum a tune out of this squad 
  • fenaddick said:
    Would imagine once these deals are done the next week will be quiet on incomings. Really need to shift some bodies out
    I hear Grassby's of Thirsk are good people who do fine work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where has Collins come from? 
  • edited January 19
    Where has Collins come from? 
    Dubai or Swisdom hidden clue a page or two ago.
  • Where has Collins come from? 
    Born in Newport mate
  • RedChaser said:
    Where has Collins come from? 
    Dubai hidden clue a page or two ago.
    Plus someone said on the last page (218) that its no secret from Sparrows Lane that its him

• Let's see, can they get a striker, maybe even two strikers signed in time for tomorrow? Tick tock.
  • I was amazed Collins didn't heave Brizzle in the summer, and was expecting Championship interest in him as he was so good last season.

In retrospect, they should have cashed in on him then, as his value will have dropped