Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• This is beginning to feel like another new era. 
    *error

• Looks like he's gone to Vale instead according to Wiki
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Ladapo would be a loan, if it happens
    I don’t see the point of a loan. No matter what run we go on, we are not catching play offs. Now is the time to build for next season, so any new loans is against that plan of action.  
    I think putting relegation beyond any reasonable doubt makes sense especially as buying players in January is typically more expensive. If we loan him and he does well we may try to sign him permanently in the summer, if he doesn’t we can go after other targets.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I don’t see the point of a loan. No matter what run we go on, we are not catching play offs. Now is the time to build for next season, so any new loans is against that plan of action.  
    A loan might be preferable to Ladapo. Gives him a chance to suss out if we're going to be serious about mounting a promotion challenge next season.
  • Anyone saying we won’t get relegated, if we lose tomorrow and a whole host of teams on 30 nick draws we could be right in the mire! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    But, establishing a Very Good Team before next season is a good idea
    2024-5: "Fuck off Wrexham, you little shits"
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Will only have 12 months left on his contract. Clearly not wanted by Ipswich in the Championship so if he plays well and enjoys it maybe we can get a perm deal done in the summer
  • I'm surprised we have offered a new contract to TC. He may prove me wrong as he is still very young but I don't see much to suggest he is better than League 2 
    Huge ability and potential as we saw early in the season.

Has had a poor couple of months but the whole team has been poor and he's a teenager.  Been in and put of the side and playing on the wrong side to accommodate CBT on the left.

Has pace, can cross, works hard and chips in with a few goals including the long range thunderbolt against, was it Reading?

In a settled side and with a target man to hit he will thrive IMHO and at a level above league 1 
    Logic, reason and evidence has no place on this thread! :)

• Why not get Taylor in to partner him and go the whole hog...🙄
  • DubaiCAFC said:

He is the type of player we want; they may have someone better/younger lined up in the summer, but they are getting someone similar so that we can work on playing this way. Does the job in the short term or covers Leaburn/Chucks and plugs a gap.

We need to get away from the relegation battle we are falling into now with one eye on the summer. Sensible approach. 

You never know. It might even be with a view to signing in the summer anyway and this is almost a try before you buy. 

• Wouldn't be too surprised if Ladapo was loan with a view to making it permanent in the summer if he impresses , if Ipswich do get promoted he'll be nowhere near their squad and probably one of the first names out. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    That is a bit of a downer, unless we have a clause to buy and first choice. 

Otherwise we are competing again with other clubs for his signature if he does well..

Would have much preferred Uche to be a loan and Ladapo permanent.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    If Ladapo is a success being loaned then there is every chance that we could sign him permanently in the summer. Obvious now that Ipswich are planning for life without him and I suspect it’s us that would prefer a loan at this point due to money and having an extended look at him. There’s more than one way to skin a cat.
  • Does that sound like maybe it could be on a permanent?
  • Would imagine once these deals are done the next week will be quiet on incomings. Really need to shift some bodies out
  • If CBT does go I still think it’s worth at least taking Ronan Curtis on trial
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    If Ladapo is a success being loaned then there is every chance that we could sign him permanently in the summer. Obvious now that Ipswich are planning for life without him and I suspect it’s us that would prefer a loan at this point due to money and having an extended look at him. There’s more than one way to skin a cat.
    Strange as people were happy for JCH to come in on loan. 
  • I hope this ends our Ipswich curse, we used to do really well with our business with them, recently it's been dud central. 

Come on Ladapo break the streak 
    Don’t say break! Our treatment room is already full.