Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 19
    Think maybe they plan to go back in for JCH in the summer, hence a loan. 
  • I am personally pleased with this window, seems a real shift in strategy and the owners are putting their money where their mouth is. My only issue is a really don't think Appleton is the man to take us forward, even with a host of new, better quality players.
    I think he’s now on trial as much as anyone else. I’m sure he’ll be given next season but I think he’ll be expected to deliver top six at least pretty much from the first game. If we’re still looking not like promotion contenders then he’ll be gone in November. 
  • I am personally pleased with this window, seems a real shift in strategy and the owners are putting their money where their mouth is. My only issue is a really don't think Appleton is the man to take us forward, even with a host of new, better quality players.
    What backing him does do is prove either way if he's the right man or not. If he isn't then let him go and we have a better squad for the next manager to take over
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Ladapo would be a loan, if it happens
    I don’t see the point of a loan. No matter what run we go on, we are not catching play offs. Now is the time to build for next season, so any new loans is against that plan of action.  
    Then a loan perfect for us to have a look at him with next year in mind 
  • Leuth said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I don’t see the point of a loan. No matter what run we go on, we are not catching play offs. Now is the time to build for next season, so any new loans is against that plan of action.  
    I can see us going on a mad run and finishing about 2 points outside the playoffs and everyone feeling a bit grotty 
    Would be very helpful for the summers recruits. Better to be 2 off the play offs than 2 off of mid table. 
  • Sponsored links:

I think he’s now on trial as much as anyone else. I’m sure he’ll be given next season but I think he’ll be expected to deliver top six at least pretty much from the first game. If we’re still looking not like promotion contenders then he’ll be gone in November. 
    I think he will only be here next season if we do well enough between now and the end of this season to look like we are on the right track for promotion next year 
  • We get both a lot of people on this thread gonna look silly…..
    They already are.
  • Scoham said:

DubaiCAFC said:
    I think she has hacked my phone... 

So he has got straight off the flight from Abu Dhabi, straight for a medical, they are rushing to complete before 12 noon today.
    The next hour and 26 minutes will be crucial.
    They may complete in time, but might not announce until a lot later on in the day..

Wonder which player Cawley will write off next, I would put some money on them to sign!
  • Sponsored links:

• redbuttle said:
    Scoham said:
    Call me cynical but sounds like someone is putting out stories about potential signings (Ladapo) when in reality we are signing Ikpeazu. 
    You are cynical...
    I think most of us are!
  • Swisdom said:
    The way I see it

Ikpeazu - He's the big bullying bastard type we need.  Someone who can hold it up when we smash it up the field or at least annoy defenders.  If he can strike it up with Alfie we might have a proper bigman / little man  combo and a great pair of shithouses.  Don't care at all about his poor goal return.  He may not be Mr Right for us but he is Mr Right Now what we need

Edmonds-Green - Unsettled up north and wants to come back south.  Question mark over his stamina to do 90 minutes.  Warnock rated him, Huddersfield fans don't especially.  Useful squad addition and has been promoted from this league previously so a useful body to have if we can improve him

Ladapo - Another really good option who is both fairly big and strong but also mobile so can cause trouble with his movement.

The mystery midfielder - I would be very pleasantly surprised indeed

Lewis Ward- Goalie who has hardly ever played but seems really popular with fans so must have something about him.  I wonder if he is coming to to bolster he goalkeeping coaching or to replace Stephen Henderson.  Jury is out at the moment

Obviously none of this has happened yet but isn't it fun actually being involved in a transfer window rather than scraping around looking for cast-offs
    Any clues on mystery midfielder?
  • Leuth said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I can see us going on a mad run and finishing about 2 points outside the playoffs and everyone feeling a bit grotty 
    I'd take that, not the grotty bit though.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I think she has hacked my phone... 

So he has got straight off the flight from Abu Dhabi, straight for a medical, they are rushing to complete before 12 noon today.
    Even if everything was completed in time think he would only be sitting on bench at best tomorrow.
    Travel back from Middle East and no time to get to know players goes against him. 
    Just for tomorrow.
  • Has Edmonds-Green even been officially linked anywhere? Still not seeing anything from either side
  • Is the no.10 Collins from Bristol Rovers? (not ITK this time sadly)