Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Sounds like some positive moves are being made in the transfer market but I have a nagging fear about the sudden change in shape. Holden wanted to shift to 352 but didn't get the striker he needed to partner May and Ness started the season incredibly ropey instead of being the stalwart that Holden had hoped. It also wasted CBT and unbalanced us, but then there wasn't much choice as Edun was unfit. Appleton came in and has stuck totally to four at the back and a front three no matter what. I'm all for positive change and if CBT wants out then that leaves us with Campbell and nothing out wide sine we chucked Chem and Kirk as well, but it's a bit odd to have a total sea change off 45 decent minutes against Peterborough where we still lost. If Edun gets injured then we don't actually have anyone else to play there and it'll be Tennai on the wrong side until he's back. I hope it works but I can see us ending up in a no man's land where one or two injuries mean we don't have the resources to play either way  anymore. I wouldn't massively look forward to a front three with May on the right and Campbell on the left regardless of form because there's no-one else, nor would I look forward to a situation where Tennai or Thomas are left wingback. It's possibly overly negative but I don't really see January as a time to totally overhaul a formation especially when the manager is clearly fairly tepid about it. Holden obviously wanted to play 352 from minute one, only didn't because JRS was so good he had to play wingers, and even he couldn't get a proper 352 squad put together with a full summer. I'm hopeful that the ownership have realised you have to commit the necessary resources or not bother but it's a risk.
  • Wasn’t a certain Andy Jones way back when,  the last striker we signed from Port Vale?

He flattered to deceive as I recall. 🙁
    I still have nightmares about his open goal miss away at Oldham. 
    His Nick name was “Jones the goal.” 🤭
  • Is the no.10 Collins from Bristol Rovers? (not ITK this time sadly)
    IF it is I'd be delighted. Would be a substantial fee.
  • fenaddick said:
    iaitch said:
    fenaddick said:
    Cawley also says Scott and Appleton went to Connor Coventry's parent's house the night of the fans' forum. That feels like a proper Curbs move
    Were they wearing hooped jumpers, masks and a couple of bags with swag written on them?
    I know we're joking but Cawley also said that MA didn't like the cup of tea CC's mum made him which did make me laugh
    I can fully understand that if it was that Earl Grey shite.
  • Sounds like some positive moves are being made in the transfer market but I have a nagging fear about the sudden change in shape. Holden wanted to shift to 352 but didn't get the striker he needed to partner May and Ness started the season incredibly ropey instead of being the stalwart that Holden had hoped. It also wasted CBT and unbalanced us, but then there wasn't much choice as Edun was unfit. Appleton came in and has stuck totally to four at the back and a front three no matter what. I'm all for positive change and if CBT wants out then that leaves us with Campbell and nothing out wide sine we chucked Chem and Kirk as well, but it's a bit odd to have a total sea change off 45 decent minutes against Peterborough where we still lost. If Edun gets injured then we don't actually have anyone else to play there and it'll be Tennai on the wrong side until he's back. I hope it works but I can see us ending up in a no man's land where one or two injuries mean we don't have the resources to play either way  anymore. I wouldn't massively look forward to a front three with May on the right and Campbell on the left regardless of form because there's no-one else, nor would I look forward to a situation where Tennai or Thomas are left wingback. It's possibly overly negative but I don't really see January as a time to totally overhaul a formation especially when the manager is clearly fairly tepid about it. Holden obviously wanted to play 352 from minute one, only didn't because JRS was so good he had to play wingers, and even he couldn't get a proper 352 squad put together with a full summer. I'm hopeful that the ownership have realised you have to commit the necessary resources or not bother but it's a risk.
    Watson has looked decent on the left, would be my corollary to this, and Asiimwe has the makings of a really good wing-back
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    The way I see it

Ikpeazu - He's the big bullying bastard type we need.  Someone who can hold it up when we smash it up the field or at least annoy defenders.  If he can strike it up with Alfie we might have a proper bigman / little man  combo and a great pair of shithouses.  Don't care at all about his poor goal return.  He may not be Mr Right for us but he is Mr Right Now what we need

Edmonds-Green - Unsettled up north and wants to come back south.  Question mark over his stamina to do 90 minutes.  Warnock rated him, Huddersfield fans don't especially.  Useful squad addition and has been promoted from this league previously so a useful body to have if we can improve him

Ladapo - Another really good option who is both fairly big and strong but also mobile so can cause trouble with his movement.

The mystery midfielder - I would be very pleasantly surprised indeed

Lewis Ward- Goalie who has hardly ever played but seems really popular with fans so must have something about him.  I wonder if he is coming to to bolster he goalkeeping coaching or to replace Stephen Henderson.  Jury is out at the moment

Obviously none of this has happened yet but isn't it fun actually being involved in a transfer window rather than scraping around looking for cast-offs
    Any clues on mystery midfielder?
    If we can get him over the line, I think it is a big statement.. The player in question, doesn't want to sign a new contract with his current team. Can play as a 10 or out on the wing.
    Has a very good brain, seems legitimately two footed, loves an assist

I'd say he would be a "cool" signing

Harry 'Cool' Kewell
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Ladapo would be a loan, if it happens
    I don’t see the point of a loan. No matter what run we go on, we are not catching play offs. Now is the time to build for next season, so any new loans is against that plan of action.  
    Possibly Lapado not wanting to be here if we went down, thus a loan then perm as long as we stay up.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    Anyone saying we won’t get relegated, if we lose tomorrow and a whole host of teams on 30 nick draws we could be right in the mire! 
    Don't worry, February is an easy month.
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    The way I see it

Ikpeazu - He's the big bullying bastard type we need.  Someone who can hold it up when we smash it up the field or at least annoy defenders.  If he can strike it up with Alfie we might have a proper bigman / little man  combo and a great pair of shithouses.  Don't care at all about his poor goal return.  He may not be Mr Right for us but he is Mr Right Now what we need

Edmonds-Green - Unsettled up north and wants to come back south.  Question mark over his stamina to do 90 minutes.  Warnock rated him, Huddersfield fans don't especially.  Useful squad addition and has been promoted from this league previously so a useful body to have if we can improve him

Ladapo - Another really good option who is both fairly big and strong but also mobile so can cause trouble with his movement.

Lewis Ward- Goalie who has hardly ever played but seems really popular with fans so must have something about him.  I wonder if he is coming to to bolster he goalkeeping coaching or to replace Stephen Henderson.  Jury is out at the moment

Obviously none of this has happened yet but isn't it fun actually being involved in a transfer window rather than scraping around looking for cast-offs
    If we can get him over the line, I think it is a big statement.. The player in question, doesn't want to sign a new contract with his current team. Can play as a 10 or out on the wing.

"Cool" signing.

We're signing William "The Fridge" Perry!!!

• Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    The way I see it

Cooll…ins?
    Aaron Collins - Stats 23/24 | Transfermarkt
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    The way I see it

'Cool hand Luke' Young, Plays as an 8 for Wrexham?
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    The way I see it

I can't play football anymore 
  • Sponsored links:

• Spill the beans
  • edited January 19
    To be honest, I cant see Rovers letting Aaron Collins go in January - Maybe in the Summer, but don't they have pretty rich owners themselves now?... Hence why they were able to go for Clarke-Harris - Only positive is that his Contract will be up in 2025.
  • Addick_8 said:
    A midfielder we are looking at is 100% Aaron Collins - that one has come straight from Sparrows lane. Not too sure why it’s a big secret it’s quite well known 😂
    Isn't he more of a winger/striker? Might be a good replacement for CBT if we're still going to play with wingers but if we're already finalising Ikpeazu and Ladapo I would be surprised to see us still looking at him as a striker for a 352
  • Chunes said:
    Think maybe they plan to go back in for JCH in the summer, hence a loan. 
    He off to Mexico in the summer apparently had a decent offer 
    Don’t need to know JCH’s holiday plans mate.