Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    A midfielder we are looking at is 100% Aaron Collins - that one has come straight from Sparrows lane. Not too sure why it’s a big secret it’s quite well known 😂
    Isn't he more of a winger/striker? Might be a good replacement for CBT if we're still going to play with wingers but if we're already finalising Ikpeazu and Ladapo I would be surprised to see us still looking at him as a striker for a 352
    Can/would play in the 10
    The 10 in a 3421 I'd get. Him and May behind Ladapo/Ikpeazu would be interesting. I'd be surprised if Appleton put him as the 10 in a 352 as he's shown he prefers having three standard midfielders in that role when he has the choice. Either way it's an exciting link
  • PWR

Maybe the Port Vale guy is a more reliable replacement for Chucks?

Not suggesting he’s better but perhaps injured less and will we pay up Chucks contract in the summer?
  • Collins would be an incredible signing. Him playing behind a front 2 of May and Leaburn (or Ladapo) should piss the league next season

NEW
            NEW Jones Gillesphey 
    NEW   Coventry Dobson  NEW
                        Collins
                 Ladapo May 

We get those 4 signings right in the summer, we win the league. 
  • Swisdom said:
    I personally think Corey leaving will bring out the best in Tayo Edun.

Corey's inability and unwillingness to offer ANY defensive assistance often leaves Tayo overloaded so wingback will probably suit him as he'll have a left sided centre back to cover him when he goes forward as long as we have sufficiently smart and mobile  central midfielders to drop in and cover any gaps that may leave.
    That second half against Peterborough was very decent to watch and gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we might be on to something with a 3-5-2

Colour me excited :smiley:
    Very much a Johnny Robinson type player 
  • edited January 19
    Swisdom said:

Corey's inability and unwillingness to offer ANY defensive assistance often leaves Tayo overloaded so wingback will probably suit him as he'll have a left sided centre back to cover him when he goes forward as long as we have sufficiently smart and mobile  central midfielders to drop in and cover any gaps that may leave.
    That second half against Peterborough was very decent to watch and gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we might be on to something with a 3-5-2

Agree, said the same thing the other day, plus with CBT in front of him we haven't got to see much of his attacking play because Corey does it all himself. 
  • thenewbie said:

Brilliant 😂

If we sign these players, and this bloke still can't pick up a win in 10 attempts, something is seriously wrong 
    From what Rodwell was saying, he will be judged from February onwards (maybe a bit earlier now tbf). 

That to me sounded like if we don’t start doing well once we’ve got these signings then he will get sacked 
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Collins would be an incredible signing. Him playing behind a front 2 of May and Leaburn (or Ladapo) should piss the league next season

NEW
            NEW Jones Gillesphey 
                        Collins
                 Ladapo May 

Don’t need wingbacks Watson and Edun are excellent young players who will only get better their problem is the players they had in front of them not tracking back .. 
  • NabySarr said:
    thenewbie said:

Brilliant 😂

If we sign these players, and this bloke still can't pick up a win in 10 attempts, something is seriously wrong 
    From what Rodwell was saying, he will be judged from February onwards (maybe a bit earlier now tbf). 

That to me sounded like if we don’t start doing well once we’ve got these signings then he will get sacked 
    And so he should. If you're heavily backed and still don't get results then you can have no complaints if you're sacked.
  • edited January 19
    For those wanting Lewis Bate, he’s joining MK Dons on loan 
  • Swisdom said:

I agree, I think it’s a natural wing back as opposed to a full back. The only thing I’d like him to do more is whip in a cross, there were a few times when he checked back onto his right foot against P’Boro in the second half.

The position I’d be looking to strengthen in the summer is RWB. Not sure Watson is good enough.
  • RedRobin said:
    For those wanting Lewis Bate, he’s joining MK Dons on loan 
    Amazed he's only getting a league 2 gig if true
  • Lewis Bate to MK. 

That’s a big drop for a player I thought would definitely go to a League One side
  • NabySarr said:
    Collins would be an incredible signing. Him playing behind a front 2 of May and Leaburn (or Ladapo) should piss the league next season

NEW
            NEW Jones Gillesphey 
                        Collins
                 Ladapo May 

Don’t need wingbacks Watson and Edun are excellent young players who will only get better their problem is the players they had in front of them not tracking back .. 
    I think they will be better suited to wing back, we will see over the next few months. But we will still need to sign AT LEAST one wing back in the summer. So might as well aim to bring in better than we have got 
  • NabySarr said:

NEW
            NEW Jones Gillesphey 
                        Collins
                 Ladapo May 

We have Asiimwe to cover Watson, who would you play left wing back if Edun is unavailable?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 19
    so potentially we could have 5 players being announced today:

Goalkeeper - Ward
    Defender - Edmonds-Green
    Midfielder - Collins
    Striker - Ladapo
    Striker - Ikpeazu

or have I got this wrong?
    (obvioulsY WIOTOS)
  • Making our summer business much easier with this potentially brilliant window
  • edited January 19
    cafcwill said:

Goalkeeper - Ward
    Defender - Edmonds-Green
    Midfielder - Collins
    Striker - Ladapo
    Striker - Ikpeazu

(obvioulsY WIOTOS)
    Check out AFKA's exclusive "stop press" thread above...👍
  • cafcwill said:

Goalkeeper - Ward
    Defender - Edmonds-Green
    Midfielder - Collins
    Striker - Ladapo
    Striker - Ikpeazu

(obvioulsY WIOTOS)
    Today potentially 3 - Ward, Ladapo, Ikpeazu and even that would be a miracle for one day.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    cafcwill said:

Goalkeeper - Ward
    Defender - Edmonds-Green
    Midfielder - Collins
    Striker - Ladapo
    Striker - Ikpeazu

(obvioulsY WIOTOS)
    No one has said Collins today.. 

a bid has or is going in, if it is acceptable that is another matter yet. It is a sizeable offer that’s for sure 
    If they take the piss then this could be one for the summer when he’s only got 12 months left 
  • NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    cafcwill said:

Goalkeeper - Ward
    Defender - Edmonds-Green
    Midfielder - Collins
    Striker - Ladapo
    Striker - Ikpeazu

(obvioulsY WIOTOS)
    No one has said Collins today.. 

a bid has or is going in, if it is acceptable that is another matter yet. It is a sizeable offer that’s for sure 
    If they take the piss then this could be one for the summer when he’s only got 12 months left 
    I can see there being a lot more competition looking to sign him then, if they really want him, would be best to go after him now and just paying the premium.