Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    Chatting to Chuks Saturday - he said he’s 2 or 3 weeks away 
    2 or 3 weeks away from training, which means end of February surely.
  • Swisdom said:
    2 or 3 weeks away from training, which means end of February surely.
    When interviewed earlier this month, Appleton said Chuks may be available around the end of January, so I would take it as 2 to 3 weeks from possibly making an appearance on the subs bench.

I think it went under the radar a bit, but in the same interview it sounded like Camara might be available sooner than we were expecting too and probably won't miss the whole season after all.
  • Bournemouth have received loan offers from Sunderland and Ipswich Town for Kieffer Moore but are yet to reach an agreement for the striker

This would release Ladapo 
    Or Mason Burstow 😬😬😬😬
  • edited January 17
    Bournemouth have received loan offers from Sunderland and Ipswich Town for Kieffer Moore but are yet to reach an agreement for the striker

Or Mason Burstow 😬😬😬😬
    Mason has already played for two clubs this season Chelsea and Sunderland so can't play for a third team.
  • I'd rather that we take the relatively "safe" option of a loan for the rest of the season rather than overpay for someone just so we can say that we've made a permanent signing (a la Griggs at Sunderland.)

That said there's still enough time that potentially someone in the mould of Ladapo does become available so hopefully there's more irons in the fire still.
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    All this talk of Ladapo being the next Messiah and yet the Ipswich fans are offering to drive him over.
    They seem to rate him like we did Kirk 
    I’m not a font of knowledge on players, but could anyone explain why our fans seem so desperate to get him.
    it was the same in August 
    I've not seen anyone say Ladapo is the next messiah.
    Why do people have to exaggerate? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    If we don’t sign a striker we are in big trouble, particularly with this clown in charge 
    I’m sure we will sign someone but prepare to be underwhelmed. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    If we don’t sign a striker we are in big trouble, particularly with this clown in charge 
    I’m sure we will sign someone but prepare to be VERY ANGRY AND UPSET.

• CafcSCP said:
    All this talk of Ladapo being the next Messiah and yet the Ipswich fans are offering to drive him over.
    I’m not a font of knowledge on players, but could anyone explain why our fans seem so desperate to get him.
    He's a big guy, still got a few years left, scores roughly 1 in 3 at this level. Maybe not the messiah but seems to tick a lot of boxes IMO.
  • Find it baffling that a young kid would rather play for Oxford rather than the chance to live in London. Maybe that's just due to where I live.

Having listened to tens of Undr the Cosh podcasts I think this is common misconception us Londoners have. If anything it can count against us with non south eastern english players (conversely likely a big pull for overseas players).

Players have got to be happy mentally to perform at their potential otherwise you end up with a squad of Charlie Kirks and Marcus Maddison's.

• Holmes to Luton and Stockton to Barrow. Shows how reasonable/unreasonable our transfer rumours have been. One completely out of our league and the other a one season wonder who would have stunk the place out.
    To be fair, we signed a player from Premier league West Ham for a transfer fee, it isn't always as simple as you've posted or I've just posted there.

Holmes isn't out of our league as he's still going to be featuring in it, it's just premier league money taking a punt. I don't expect Luton think he's ready for their team yet, it's just an opportunity has popped up and they've taken advantage of it.

Stockton being a one season wonder is a bit of a myth if you look at his Morecambe record. Just appears to be a player who prefers to play his football further North of the country, Barrow have done really well to secure him on loan. I'll be intrigued to see how he gets on, League 2 looking very competitive.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    CafcSCP said:
    He's a big guy, still got a few years left, scores roughly 1 in 3 at this level. Maybe not the messiah but seems to tick a lot of boxes IMO.
    We've got a chance if Ipswich get Kieffer Moore on loan or another player.
  • edited January 17
    If CBT goes we are going to need much more than a journeyman/inexperienced striker loan/perm up front to keep any attacking threat.
  • Swisdom said:
    How is he dealing with all these injuries, must be so demoralising for him. Has he turned to crack cocaine yet?
  • edited January 17
    Gammon said:
    I miss the bitesized, tailored down thread for when I only have 5 mins on the train 😅
    You should get the bus then. This afternoon I spent over an hour on a bus due to diversions, traffic, change of driver 🙄 and the fact bus stops seem to be about 200 yards apart 😞.  Plenty of time to read CL 😃.
  • Bournemouth have received loan offers from Sunderland and Ipswich Town for Kieffer Moore but are yet to reach an agreement for the striker

Why would Ladapo want to leave a club close to promotion to the Premier League for one struggling in League 1 ?

And I'm sure we'd have to tempt him with more than what we're offering JCH. 

Might get him on loan......although I still dont think he is the "hold up" player we need. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    We're in trouble regardless, but Alfie dries up on goals or gets injured then we could be seeing division four football next season.
    Some of us might be seeing it.....others might be sunning themselves on Copacabana beach 😆.
  • DOUCHER said:
    We're in trouble regardless, but Alfie dries up on goals or gets injured then we could be seeing division four football next season.
    Some of us might be seeing it.....others might be sunning themselves on Copacabana beach 😆.

Need to keep the dog happy.