Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    Like to think he'll regret that decision next season...
    Would be sweet wouldn't it. To piss the league and leave Oxford in our wake. It's Charlton though so won't happen.
  • Find it baffling that a young kid would rather play for Oxford rather than the chance to live in London. Maybe that's just due to where I live.
    It’s not that surprising a lot of people not from London hate the idea of living there. Is it really worth him leaving family and friends to move somewhere he doesn't know. I think Charlie Kirk is a cautionary tale in this regard 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Isn't Chuks supposed to be back in Feb? 
    Yeah but how long for? He can't start really and if we're playing up top he'll have to. We need a big lump up top so Aneke can come on after 70 minutes and hopefully not get injured
  • JamesSeed said:
    He may well be back in Feb, but you can be sure he will be injured again by March.
  • I miss the bitesized, tailored down thread for when I only have 5 mins on the train 😅
  • Sponsored links:

• Find it baffling that a young kid would rather play for Oxford rather than the chance to live in London. Maybe that's just due to where I live.
    Less chance of getting stabbed
  • _MrDick said:
    Oooo .. I can feel a rivalry with Cheltenham Town developing 
    It’s an Oxford fan but same difference I suppose…
    To be fair I thought it was a Cheltenham fan before I did a double take. 2 of their strikers in under a year would be hard to take as a supporter.
  • Goodwin:£400k, May: £250k

that makes sense??????????????
    Goodwin is a highly regarded 21 year old.
    Like the estate agents say, you're buying 'potential' - and he has the promise to become even better.

Much like Miles Leaburn.

May is already 30. And despite his current goals record, his age is considered against him.
    Hence only £250k.

• Tbh, would be happy with our current strikers for the rest of the season and investing in some proper wingbacks now. Then sort out the ST situation in the summer.
    ?? - we've only got 2 fit ones and the 2 that are injured are long term
    Plus what we do have are not holding the ball up so not helping with our defensive issues.
    We need another at least
  • JamesSeed said:
    Reading @BartramBlitz 's Kanu post, and thinking about how he played against (mighty) Peterborough, I think he's worth trying in a two up top with May, in the absence of any other options. He showed real promise on Saturday when playing in that role.
    I really like Kanu but he is 2nd striker who is better playing off a big striker so he and May prefer the same role.  We're trying to making him target man but I don't think that is what he is.

We still need that centre forward.  Humpheys, of all the names mentioned, is still the top pick for me but it seems likely that it will be Clive-Harris or a loan now
    And if you're playing 2 up top, you need more than 2 fit strikers in the squad. One of Kanu or May gets injured or suspended, and we'll only have 1 striker left. At a minimum we need a replacement for Tedic.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Oh you are awful but I like you.
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Bar Jake Young who Cawley has already ruled out, nobody else jumps out as the target man we need
    Jake Young could be ruled back in now JCH and Goodwin have turned us down.
    (I don't blame either of them).
  • edited January 17
    Very promising that we are active in recruitment this window. 
    Scott needs to get the right players in as a lack of success this window, culiminating in a tight relegation struggle could see him losing his job.
  • Literally just typing above! What I've seen a bit of a kermogant creative style player.
  • Okay not literally word for word!
  • Michael Mellon on loan from Burnley? ex-Man U academy. 13 goals in 22 apps at L2 level.

Good shout , was linked to Dundee on loan last week and I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Adam would like him at Fleetwood.

• Holmes to Luton and Stockton to Barrow. Shows how reasonable/unreasonable our transfer rumours have been. One completely out of our league and the other a one season wonder who would have stunk the place out.