Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited January 17
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    OoOo maybe Jones could play as an overlapping CB. 
    Jones is struggling with being a regular CB at the moment. 
    He's been our only reliable CB most of the time this season tbf
    I agree, but his current form is a bit worrying. Most of the time he looks ok, as he’s ’no nonsense’, but when mistakes creep in he looks very fallible. Over the last ten games Hector has been the better option, but he’s out now. 
    I'm hoping Gillesphey will help whoever plays alongside him to perform better. It’ll be Jones that gets the nod over Ness and Thomas in a back four I suspect, and Ness will probably get the nod over Thomas in a back three. Another injury or two and we’ll struggle. I doubt they’ll bring in another CB now, but I think they should. 
    Zak and Deji aren’t ready imho, although if we get into a position where we’re safe they might consider playing one of them to gain some experience? Deji is back from his Bromley loan I think. 
    I think the mistakes he's made will be less when he plays with better defenders. Hector is too slow/casual IMHO
    And yet he was in a back four that won the Championship title a couple of years back. 
    He made four appearances that season. 

And what did they say about him at Fulham... "He's been one of the team's most error-prone defenders." Link.
  • ozaddick said:
    As much as this made me chuckle, I feel for the geezer. We'd be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. I'll never knock a bloke who supports a club that's not in the prem. 
    Except a spanner.
  • _MrDick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Barrow Life are well chuffed with this transfer

• ozaddick said:
    As much as this made me chuckle, I feel for the geezer. We'd be the same if the shoe was on the other foot. I'll never knock a bloke who supports a club that's not in the prem. 
    The fella is an Oxford fan, I'm not sure why he is upset.
  • ozaddick said:
    The fella is an Oxford fan, I'm not sure why he is upset.
    I think it’s funny as we hold Oxford up in this light of great recruitment and he thinks we’re always going for the same players they are.
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley also saying Ladapo a non starter
    Always going to be. 
    Until Ipswich get the striker they want .. then it will be on 
  • Loan cancelled?  Out of the madhouse?!   :D
  • Not sure how much this plays into things, but Goodwin did play alongside May in at least one game for Cheltenham last season (from a quick Google). I would hope there could be at least some synergy there.

Like others, I think Goodwin would be the safer and less volatile option over JCH, and it feels like the powers that be seem to have got to the same conclusion. I think he’s one I’d like us to get.

I still think Stockton would have done a job for us, but at the time, we’d have paid over the odds. His hold up play did impress me, but the legs are probably going now. Seeing where we are now and who we have, probably a bullet dodged - but if they go up next year, he’ll probably score another worldie against us!
  • Sponsored links:

• Loan cancelled?  Out of the madhouse?!   :D
    MA getting the sack. It's criminal that he gets to manage this group of players.
  • _MrDick said:
    Oooo .. I can feel a rivalry with Cheltenham Town developing 
    What a time to be alive!
    Just seen they were founded in 1887 so are the senior Robins, we must respect our elders and stop pinching their players.
  • edited January 17
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    I agree, but his current form is a bit worrying. Most of the time he looks ok, as he’s ’no nonsense’, but when mistakes creep in he looks very fallible. Over the last ten games Hector has been the better option, but he’s out now. 
    I'm hoping Gillesphey will help whoever plays alongside him to perform better. It’ll be Jones that gets the nod over Ness and Thomas in a back four I suspect, and Ness will probably get the nod over Thomas in a back three. Another injury or two and we’ll struggle. I doubt they’ll bring in another CB now, but I think they should. 
    Zak and Deji aren’t ready imho, although if we get into a position where we’re safe they might consider playing one of them to gain some experience? Deji is back from his Bromley loan I think. 
    I think the mistakes he's made will be less when he plays with better defenders. Hector is too slow/casual IMHO
    And yet he was in a back four that won the Championship title a couple of years back. 

And what did they say about him at Fulham... "He's been one of the team's most error-prone defenders." Link.
    Fair enough Chunsey, didn’t know that. I’m sure I read when we signed him that he was a regular. 
    Apologies. 
    He reminds me of Naby slightly. On his day, very good, but can make you nervous watching him. 
  • Bolton close to landing Niall Ennis on loan according to our good friend Mr Nixon. 
  • iaitch said:
    Maybe if EFL clubs said they don't want loans, highly unlikely I know, then maybe the Premier League clubs will stop stockpiling them.
    I addition, if the arse falls out of too many Championship clubs, then they won't be able to buy the Premier League hand-me-downs, at the usual inflated prices and maybe these players won't be kept on by the bigger clubs as FFP starts to bite.
    This could result in a flood of players coming to market and force prices down for purchase prices and wage contracts. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    It's good to see us being competitive for a signing and like you've said before @Braziliance it's particularly nice to battle Oxford whose recruitment is usually pretty good

Yeah clearly he is a player we want fen. 

I really wanted JCH as I thought that was a guarantee to push us on as a club. I really didn't want Ladapo so kind of glad that hasn't gone through.

Goodwin was the middle ground for me of the 3. 

He's tall, seems mobile, finding the net this season and young so has time to improve. I am also gauging Cheltenham fans reactions and they seem pretty unhappy about it, so I'll take that as a positive as well.

If I had to guess though, I'd say Goodwin would prefer Oxford to us based on location and league status so we will probably have to trump them in contract terms. 

I still think if we sign Goodwin, we need another striker as Leaburn we can assume he will leave and Goodwin doesn't seem quite ready to lead a promotion charge 
    I think you're right that Oxford have the edge. The Alfie May factor may help, as might the fact that Oxford play 1 up top and Harris is in good form. Goodwin would be guaranteed to be starting straight away here you'd think.
    Yes, but what happens when Leaburn comes back? that could play a big part in his decision.
    I'd imagine the club would have told him that Leaburn will be gone in the summer. 
  • Macronate said:
    _MrDick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Barrow Life are well chuffed with this transfer

• MarcusH26 said:
    Bolton close to landing Niall Ennis on loan according to our good friend Mr Nixon. 
    Obviously more goal scorers in the squad is never a bad thing but not hugely gutted about this as am holding out hope for that big physical presence up top who can challenge some of these nasty L1 CBs high up the pitch as something we are sorely missing, feel like we'd be better using and developing Dan Kanu in that poacher role that Ennis would fulfil, he's looked so handy this season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have I missed something? Why does it seem to be accepted by a lot of our fanbase that Leaburn is offski in the summer? Whilst the injury has somewhat devastated our frontline, the silver lining from my end (provided he can make a full recovery) is that we may get at least another season of Miles. I'd love to know how this season would have planned out if that poxy Welling centre half didn't go in unnecessarily hard in a pre season friendly. 
    I think we'll probably get until next January. If we're smart we should be able to get a higher fee in January too
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bolton close to landing Niall Ennis on loan according to our good friend Mr Nixon. 
    Obviously more goal scorers in the squad is never a bad thing but not hugely gutted about this as am holding out hope for that big physical presence up top who can challenge some of these nasty L1 CBs high up the pitch as something we are sorely missing, feel like we'd be better using and developing Dan Kanu in that poacher role that Ennis would fulfil, he's looked so handy this season 

Yeah I'm not bothered about not signing Ennis , doesn't really fit the exact profile that we need. Ironically in Adeboyejo Bolton already have that big physical presence of a striker. 

More than happy to develop DK off the bench and rotated in for games as opposed to signing another May type. 

• Tom Holmes to Luton but loaned back to Reading for the rest of the season. Would expect the same with Nelson Abbey 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:

Fair enough Chunsey, didn’t know that. I’m sure I read when we signed him that he was a regular. 
    Apologies. 
    He reminds me of Naby slightly. On his day, very good, but can make you nervous watching him. 
    Chunsey ?
  • Missed out on Goodwin. Via Cawley.
  • Not much else they can do if they’ve offered a better deal. If it’s location then sadly it is what it is. Time to move on to the next target 
  • Missed out on Goodwin. Via Cawley.

• JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Redhenry said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:

Apologies. 
    Chunsey ?
    Yeh come on Grumpy get with it, same as for Leuthy, Elfy and Jimmy (Seed) yours Chasey 😉