Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I wonder if in an ideal world it'll be Goodwin + Ladapo later in the window? Ladapo would allow us to still play a 433 if needed
    Don’t rule out JCH on loan late in the window 
    Hilarious.
    Why … there talk of us bringing in a young striker and an experienced striker on loan .. why not JHC then he can have his move abroad in the summer after playing some games for us 
    JHC is out of contract this summer, that’s why they want cash for him now. Loaning him to us would deny them the fee they are after, so can’t see that happening 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Matthew Sorinola is a free agent, can provide that LWB cover I think we need
    "Southampton boss Russell Martin is reportedly keen reuniting with fellow ex-Swan Matthew Sorinola.

According to TEAMtalk, the Saints are among a clutch of clubs keen on the full-back, who was recently released by Union Saint-Gilloise.

Preston, Middlesbrough and Stoke are believed to also be keeping tabs."

Will probably get a Championship move.

• I wonder if in an ideal world it'll be Goodwin + Ladapo later in the window? Ladapo would allow us to still play a 433 if needed
    Hilarious.
    Why … there talk of us bringing in a young striker and an experienced striker on loan .. why not JHC then he can have his move abroad in the summer after playing some games for us 
    JHC is out of contract this summer, that’s why they want cash for him now. Loaning him to us would deny them the fee they are after, so can’t see that happening 
    that’s why it would be last few hours of the window when he knew he was stuck in Peterbro under 23 squad till the summer 
  • Chem Campbell going to Wycombe on loan
  • Mike said:
    Chem Campbell going to Wycombe on loan
    No surprised.. not sure he was really given the opportunities in his natural position, but that being said, where was his best position 
  • edited January 16
    I wonder if in an ideal world it'll be Goodwin + Ladapo later in the window? Ladapo would allow us to still play a 433 if needed
    Hilarious.
    that’s why it would be last few hours of the window when he knew he was stuck in Peterbro under 23 squad till the summer 
    Would he be that bothered by that though?

Season ends on 27 April so it's not technically 'the summer' is it? He'd train with the kids for just under 3 months and then go on holiday. Not to mention that if he's going abroad he can sign a contract with a club now and then basically put his feet up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wolves midfielder Chem Campbell has agreed a move to Wycombe Wanderers after ending his loan spell at Charlton, sources have told Football Insider.

Maybe he'll feel more at home at a club with the initials WW?
  • The club have put out a tweet wishing Abankwah happy birthday. I guess it suggests he's still with us? 
  • Talal said:
    The club have put out a tweet wishing Abankwah happy birthday. I guess it suggests he's still with us? 
    Yeah the club haven’t officially confirmed his loan has ended yet. He is/was injured.
  • Talal said:
    The club have put out a tweet wishing Abankwah happy birthday. I guess it suggests he's still with us? 
    Cawley said in his podcast that he's still with us but was back in Italy for injury treatment
  • If his club have a recall option and he is injured I would imagine they leave him with us until either the end of the season so we're stuck with his wages or until he gets fit if that is likely in Jan so they can recall him and loan him elsewhere.
  • Yeah it sounds like he's not part of our plans at all for the second half of the season. If there was the option to cancel the loan, I'd have expected it to already have been exercised so looks like we are stuck paying some of his wages
  • What a farce 
    Might just be that there’s a window he can be recalled in. Could be why Chem only went back yesterday. It’s been mentioned for other players in previous years.
  • Sponsored links:

Hilarious.
    And if they don’t get that big fee which is now looking unlikely 
  • Any injured and unfit players where rumoured to be after?
  • Maybe we're hanging onto him with Hector being out for 10 weeks just in case we fail to get another defender in
    Would rather play Asiimwe at RB and Elerewe at CB. Honestly think he gives us nothing except more depth incase Ness, Jones & Gillesphey all get injuries at the same time within 10 weeks.
  • Valley11 said:
    So the team playing out this season could look like:

Isted

Jones Ness MG

Watson Dobson Coventry Bakinson Tayo

May Goodwin

Be good to get another striker in who could cover for May, then let Kanu go back to Southend. 

Be worried if this was our team next season, absolutely no creativity in that midfield 3 and 2 wing backs who so far haven't looked very creative either.
    Would hope goals from midfield and better wing backs are going to be the priority this summer if we can’t get them this month. 

Would probably play L.Watson or Fiorini in the midfield 3 also, but I’m not sure either have enough goals in them