Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• cabbles said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If Dobson leaves then it’s all Bromley Addicks fault.

Simple as that.

Same goes for CBT too.
    Na... they will just blame the owners!!
    As they should
    If we were top 6, winning games, with a real chance of promotion and the club made them a good offer, they'd sign.

I wouldn't re-sign for us based on the current footballing prospects at CAFC

They must be crazy though- what with Appleton being the best coach in the world and all that...
    Club is a mess.. It is no quick fix! this years of damage.. And if you are not going to allow time, it will never be fixed! 

Super hero Varney isn't coming to the rescue.. suck it up, and support! We have little option..
    "Suck it up"

Wow, you really just told other fans who aren't happy to "suck it up"

Unbelievable.
    What other options do we have? 

Suck it up and try to support the club, and see what happens or don't go and spend your hard earned cash. 

Think last night they delivered a message, they know they haven't got it right, they have made mistake, they know it isn't an easy fix, they are trying to correct the wrongs, they have owners who are willing to invest money in the playing side, and non-playing side. 

I am frustrated as much as anyone how poor this season has been, how we have left ourselves short, how things don't seem to be going to plan this window.. But need to give them a chance, personally,

I don't we will see the really benefits for another 18months - 2 years in my opinion, it is a project!

The problem with that is, and reading between the lines, I don’t think our backers have been led to believe it will take that long, or, be willing to kick up the funds to do so.  

I think it’s pretty clear Methven etc have sold this on the basis that we can implement cost control measures and optimize spend to get losses to a reasonable amount, but at the same time achieve success.  

I agree with your point about years of mismanagement and the potential time it would take to put it right, but, there’s nothing about this set up that screams long term commitment/investment.  Granted that could be the same even if we had someone come in spend millions and say we’re in it for the long term, but we have seen from experience how quickly things can go downhill based on how TS exited 

You’ve also got to factor in they’ve set themselves back a season based on how much a fudge they made of appointing Holden, the summer window, sacking him, and in all likelihood, may have to get rid of Appleton if results continue.  This 2 years could easily become 3 or 4
    And after we are relegated. If do not do something for the now and forget 2 year or 5 year plans.
  • Doesn't have many followers but I think I've seen his name before and he's been fairly accurate so not immediately ignoring. Could be wrong though!
  • He's a typical "post things which contradict eachother and then add in caveats, so you never look wrong"

• I'll be very pleased with Coventry, he was very good for MK Dons.

That being said, our record of signing players who have performed well for MK dons is pretty poor. 
    McLeod, Reeves, Aneke, Gilbey, T.Watson... it's not a great list I'll give you that
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I'll be very pleased with Coventry, he was very good for MK Dons.

That being said, our record of signing players who have performed well for MK dons is pretty poor. 
    McLeod, Reeves, Aneke, Gilbey, T.Watson... it's not a great list I'll give you that

...That is cruel...🙄
  • Where's the Coventry thread so we can jinx it? 

• I don’t know her at all.  But from following on Twitter she certainly seems like the type that wouldn’t post this without some reliable source.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Should also put in this thread... Rodwell said during the fan's meeting that the January window would be more about loans than permanent signings.
    Makes you wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.
  • Absolutely 100% trust Tash as a source. Hopefully all the medical and paperwork stuff can be sorted and submitted tonight. 

• Works at Talksport and daughter of @Airman Brown I think she would know more than most.
  • msomerton said:
    So as of Saturday we have two loan players in . Neither fit enough to start the game and one who may not even be on the bench.
    I
    Bakinson is oven ready mate
    Does that mean he's a turkey?
  • cold day for a medical, I hope they warm the stethoscope before placing on his chest