Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• That game would of been members only so it wouldn't surprise me that the wolves fans were given tickets by sponsors or even players as that's their main stand. 
  • https://streamin.one/v/5da58635

Can’t really see anything that’s going on
  • Not the best of draws for Maidstone, though it does mean they could do the same as yesterday and beat a Championship side.
  • Assuming Liverpool win today, a nice home tie awaits in the 5th round.

The quadruple is on. I know many on here will be delighted!

• Blackburn OR Wrexham vs Newcastle
    • Chelsea OR Aston Villa vs Leeds OR Plymouth
    • Bournemouth vs Leicester
    • Liverpool OR Norwich vs Watford OR Southampton
    • Bristol City OR Nottm Forest vs Newport OR Man Utd
    • Wolves vs Brighton
    • Sheff Wed OR Coventry vs Maidstone
    • Luton vs Man City

• Thanks Callum. BBC can't be bothered to put it up in full. Only mentioning the Maidstone and City games! 
  • edited January 28
    why can they not wait till all the games are played before doing the draw? (I know they cant for replays)

I knew that Maidstone would get some average team away. shame. Hope they turn over that lot at Hillsborough or The Coventry Building society arena. 
  • edited January 28
    • Blackburn OR Wrexham vs Newcastle
    • Chelsea OR Aston Villa vs Leeds OR Plymouth
    • Bournemouth vs Leicester
    • Liverpool OR Norwich vs Watford OR Southampton
    • Bristol City OR Nottm Forest vs Newport OR Man Utd
    • Wolves vs Brighton
    • Sheff Wed OR Coventry vs Maidstone
    • Luton vs Man City

Was hoping that Luton were the anti penultimate team out, leaving Maidstone & Man City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its not the same without Bert Milichip and the wood panelled room, taking balls out a velvet bag.
  • edited January 28
    Disappointing draw for Maidstone although given they beat Ipswich they will go into it thinking it's winnable or they could get at least get a replay and more money.

No real stand out ties in that draw with all the big clubs kept apart.
  • Newport Man U has potential to get messy. 2-0 after 13 mins and look dangerous every time they come forward 
  • Kap10 said:
    why can they not wait till all the games are played before doing the draw? (I know they cant for replays)

I knew that Maidstone would get some average team away. shame. Hope they turn over that lot at Hillsborough or The Coventry Building society arena. 
    When I were but a boy, the draw was always at mid day  Monday on the wireless or transistor radio! 

Sadly nowadays TV ruins it for all!
    Well at least Glen Johnson pulled all the balls out of the hat.
    I was half expecting him to nick a couple.
  • Newport are my second team, very sad to see them crumbling like this they're normally stronger. 
  • Newport Man U has potential to get messy. 2-0 after 13 mins and look dangerous every time they come forward 
    The pitch is too good. No leveller there. 

Plus it looks like they play Rugby on it too. 

We should sign their groundsman. 
  • The most remarkable thing about the West Brom-Wolves game was not that it kicked off, but after all the trouble, police wading in, game stopped for 38 minutes, riot police lining the field, we get this statement from the police: 

"Two people were arrested for public order offences".
  • Sponsored links:

• What a hit. Game on
    Haha …. 2-1 
  • Perfect time to pull one back. Different game if they can get to half time 1-2. 
  • 2-2! Come on Newport! 
  • The FA cup is at its best when the nation wants Newport to beat Man United- Sutton to beat Coventry- Maidstone to beat Ipswich- Hereford to beat Newcastle- Cray paper mills to beat Charlton- Colchester to beat Leeds etc.

For me it's not about West Brom and Wolves Testosterone fueled fans having a punch up near women and children.

Just saying.
  • Loving the ref so far giving nothing to the Man Utd trio of whiners. 
  • Huskaris said:
    Newport are my second team, very sad to see them crumbling like this they're normally stronger. 
    That’s the spirit.
  • The FA cup is at its best when the nation wants Newport to beat Man United- Sutton to beat Coventry- Maidstone to beat Ipswich- Hereford to beat Newcastle- Cray paper mills to beat Charlton- Colchester to beat Leeds etc.

For me it's not about West Brom and Wolves Testosterone fueled fans having a punch up near women and children.

Just saying.
    If you thought it would be a good idea for you and your family  to rock up at WBA and think, I know, I will sit next to the away supporters, then you need your head examining.
    11:45 KO, perfect love, we will have time to visit IKEA on the way home.
  • Updated 5th round draw, with Wrexham and Maidstone the only sides from outside the top 2 divisions left:

Blackburn/Wrexham v Newcastle
    Chelsea/Aston Villa v Leeds/Plymouth
    Bournemouth v Leicester
    Liverpool v Watford/Southampton
    Bristol City/Nottm Forest v Man Utd
    Wolves v Brighton
    Sheff Wed/Coventry v Maidstone
    Luton v Man City
  • R0TW said:
    The FA cup is at its best when the nation wants Newport to beat Man United- Sutton to beat Coventry- Maidstone to beat Ipswich- Hereford to beat Newcastle- Cray paper mills to beat Charlton- Colchester to beat Leeds etc.

Just saying.
    If you thought it would be a good idea for you and your family  to rock up at WBA and think, I know, I will sit next to the away supporters, then you need your head examining.
    11:45 KO, perfect love, we will have time to visit IKEA on the way home.
    Did they?
    I thought it was Wolves fans in the home area.