Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

1454647484951»

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Off_it said:
    "A new system where the amount of advantage an attacker gets is based on how romantic the goal is."

It was offside. Sucks, but it was. 
    Congratulations.

Now, about that Arsenal handball that wasn't given when he picked the ball up in the area? Where was VAR then?
    "Hey United, we can see it's offside but we're deciding to give the goal because 'the magic of the cup'. Hope you understand."
    Yeah you're absolutely right. This was definitely 'clear and obvious' wasn't it?

Having to zoom x100 to check that the guy potentially had his little toenail offside.

My god that is pathetic. And to think people enjoy football going this way 🤦‍♂️
    Think its fair to say most want it only used for clear and obvious errors, but how can you ignore the fine margin errors if spotted?
    I guess you can't.
  • Love seeing the shock on the faces of these new generation Man City fans - when the day comes (and it will) when they go back to being a decent sized club akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Weds, it will be glorious.
  • Mr. Happy said:
    Got a tenner on United to win 2-0 at 40/1 so I'll be in the unenviable position of spending the whole of second half shouting "don't do anything!" at the telly.
    Didn't work.
  • Keeper has to save that

• Love seeing the shock on the faces of these new generation Man City fans - when the day comes (and it will) when they go back to being a decent sized club akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Weds, it will be glorious.
    They'll be about 70 by then I reckon
  • FFS here we go. Utd have been Charltonised 
  • Poor keeping that. Get both hands on it you've gotta push that away. 
  • Crap from Onana that.

Him letting in a really soft goal let in Coventry in the semi final and now they're at risk of letting a lead slip here too because of another one.
  • I hated Utd back in the 90s when half the country seemed to support them. But I remember thinking how much more of a big day out it felt going to OT and Utd last year, rather than the Emptyhad.
  • Man City / Man Utd half and half scarves. Oh dear.
    Who the f**k buys these things, not real fans 
    Carlos Tevez?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to United, deserved it on the day. City not good enough.
  • Get in. Not a fan of Utd but City? Define the shitness of big money football 
  • philcafc said:
    Fair play to United, deserved it on the day. City not good enough.
    Man U played well while Foden, Bernardo and De Bruyne were anonymous.
  • Glory glory
  • Celtic make it a great day
  • Does Ten Hag keep his job after this?
  • So even Man Utd have done better than arsenal this year?

• Utd out fought and outplayed City in midfield for most of that game, Mainoo, Amrabat and the undervalued McTominay were immense.  Fernandes providing a bit of class as well.
  • The United players able to up their game today.
  • Brownie12 said:
    Man City / Man Utd half and half scarves. Oh dear.
    Who the f**k buys these things, not real fans 
    Carlos Tevez?
    Brian Kidd.
  • Sponsored links:

• The United players able to up their game today.
    Having two actual centre backs fit helped.

Given Onana let in another soft one, having a makeshift defence most of the season letting 20 shots a game on average at him isn't a good idea!
  • Haha proper sour interview from Guardiola.

Bit like Klopp, very bad losers - probably 90% of what makes them winners though.
  • Stones and walker looked ropey which is exactly why Southgate won’t play Bellingham and Foden with rice. That defence needs protecting and I can see him playing mainoo with Foden out on the left.
  • 74 games & 474 days. Rodri finally loses a game playing for Man City.
  • edited May 25
    really pleased for United and their somewhat eccentric starting line up and manager .. for all their success and polish there is something about Citttee and Guardiola that I just don't like .. pray God we get,,  A) 2 different teams in next year's final and B) A different Premier League winner next season
  • edited May 25
    The 1st goal for United was comical but the 2nd was an excellent team goal with an superb long diagonal pass from Rashford and the short sublime pass from Fernandes was scanned to perfection for Mainoo who started the move off.

Just can't see how it's good for English football for City who surely must pay a price for their 100 odd charges to win more than one trophy each season.

Despite 8th in the Premier and 14 losses  Ten hag has a league cup and FA cup to show for his two seasons at the Global team Man utd and should get another decent Job somewhere.

If Varane and Martinez had been available as a CB pairing for the majority of this season then a 5th or 6th may had been possible.
  • @ValleyGary

Walker looked ropey? 

He got back quickly as always and stopped Rashford on several occasions. 

Man City lost but Walker was probably their best player. He was even the one who looked most looked like scoring.

I’d be interested to hear why he ’looked ropey’ iyo. What did he do wrong?

Imo, he still looked like what he is- the best right back in the world.

Man Utd were brilliant today. Fernandes, Mainoo, Garnacho and the two centre backs probably had their best match in the shirt. They must have watched videos of Real Madrid on a loop who showed everyone last month how to stifle Man City. It’s time other teams woke up and do what’s necessary (11 men behind the ball, get tight, and compress the play)to expose their weaknesses.