Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• VAR has genuinely ruined football
    Same football nerds who get hard over xG like VAR. Don't know any match going fan who likes it 
  • swordfish said:
    It was offside, clearly.

And I didn't think it was a penalty.

Just a shame though, would have been good to see Coventry win, means so much more to the Championship side.
    So why was VAR required? It clearly wasn't clear was it, hence the need for VAR.
    'Clearly' was possibly a bad choice of words!!  I mean now we've seen the lines, yes it wasn't offside by much, but now it's been looked at it was offside. 
  • My mate over here in Connecticut is a big Cov fan and flew home for the game….feeling for him right now…..Utd are terrible and the manager will be fired 
  • ct_addick said:
    My mate over here in Connecticut is a big Cov fan and flew home for the game….feeling for him right now…..Utd are terrible and the manager will be fired 
    Gary Neville made a good point on Sky earlier. He pointed to the fact that since INEOS have gone in they've basically cleared out most other senior positions. New CEO, new technical director, trying to get Dan Ashworth as sporting director. So it would be pretty bizarre to do all that and then off the back of awful performances and not qualifying for the champions league, go and stick with the same manager.
  • Maybe they should design football boots with a blue tip.
  • Jackson 5 and the Three degrees with covers of abide by me and the national anthem. 

• Sponsored links:

• stone roses v Oasis 
  • Fuck me this is boring 
  • Dull as so far.
  • Get in 
  • Park defending that.
  • edited May 25
    GTF in
  • Needed that, will make the game more interesting!
  • Probably what the game needs, let's see how City respond.
  • This isn't going to script.
  • Wow, didn't see this coming.

• Sponsored links:

• Wow.  Where have this United been all season?
  • really good second goal. Man U players finally earning some of their money. 

Pep bitching to the officials at half time. wonder what he is moaning about. his team so far have been out done. 
  • Got a tenner on United to win 2-0 at 40/1 so I'll be in the unenviable position of spending the whole of second half shouting "don't do anything!" at the telly.
  • Think father time has caught up with KDB - Piss poor today. 
  • Off_it said:
    "A new system where the amount of advantage an attacker gets is based on how romantic the goal is."

It was offside. Sucks, but it was. 
    Congratulations.

Now, about that Arsenal handball that wasn't given when he picked the ball up in the area? Where was VAR then?
    "Hey United, we can see it's offside but we're deciding to give the goal because 'the magic of the cup'. Hope you understand."
    Yeah you're absolutely right. This was definitely 'clear and obvious' wasn't it?

Having to zoom x100 to check that the guy potentially had his little toenail offside.

My god that is pathetic. And to think people enjoy football going this way 🤦‍♂️
    Think its fair to say most want it only used for clear and obvious errors, but how can you ignore the fine margin errors if spotted?
  • United should bring Hojlund on now, they need something to stick when they clear it now City are pushing up and trying to put pressure on.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Think father time has caught up with KDB - Piss poor today. 
    Foden doesn't seem to have got going this afternoon either.

Edit - apart from setting up Alvarez for their best chance. 
  • Man City / Man Utd half and half scarves. Oh dear.
  • Man City / Man Utd half and half scarves. Oh dear.
    Who the f**k buys these things, not real fans