Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• edited January 27
    Fantastic Maidstone, you've made the town proud.

Pleased for you Mrs ME14.

George the Manager is such a great bloke and motivator. When you are a manager of Part timers who will train twice a week in the evenings after work or train just once midweek if you also have a Tuesday/Wednesday Match then it's an amazing achievement.
  • Pleased for the Gallaghers who sponsored the stadium, they also sponsor Leitrim GAA.
  • Fantastic Maidstone, you've made the town proud.

Pleased for you Mrs ME14.

George the Manager is such a great bloke and motivator. When you are a manager of Part timers who will train twice a week in the evenings after work or train just once midweek if you also have a Tuesday/Wednesday Match then it's an amazing achievement.
    He gave a great post match interview, seems a really decent guy 
  • Yes, great post match interview with George Elokobi. Managed to control any emotions and spoke really well, highlighting the community value of the club, ex Dulwich Hamlet and Wolves apparently. 
  • Yes, great post match interview with George Elokobi. Managed to control any emotions and spoke really well, highlighting the community value of the club, ex Dulwich Hamlet and Wolves apparently. 
    Scored in all of the top 6 divisions, PL to Nat Lge South!
  • Pleased for Maidstone although not a fan as such.

The magic of the Cup.
  • Hope they get a decent draw in round 5.
  • Attempts:
    28-2

Goals
    1-2

Lol
    Finished 38 - 2

Bloody brilliant. A true piece of football history.

I’d love to see them draw Man City at home.................... and beat them with a scrappy goal,loljimmymelrose said:
    Attempts:
    28-2

Goals
    1-2

Lol

• LenGlover said:
    Hope they get a decent draw in round 5.
    Looking at the teams who'll be in the 5th round, Maidstone will potentially be the only team left from outside the top 2 divisions. Only Newport and Wrexham can change that.

Be good if they can get someone like City, United or LIverpool away and take 10k fans as opposed to getting Bournemouth or luton.
  • Having lived in Maidstone as a kid, and they are my first love when it comes to Football, I cried at the final whistle. It was such a joyous moment for me after following they from Maidstone, to Dartford, sittingbourne and back home again.
    Its estimated that todays game was worth £110,000 just for being on TV and I would say they are almost guaranteed another TV date in the next round too
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Fuck em. 

Hope they get Plymouth away 
    There speaks a Dartford man?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Fuck em. 

Or Tonbridge Angels!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Fuck em. 

Or Tonbridge Angels!
    Or Ebbsfleet.
  • cafckev said:
    Having lived in Maidstone as a kid, and they are my first love when it comes to Football, I cried at the final whistle. It was such a joyous moment for me after following they from Maidstone, to Dartford, sittingbourne and back home again.
    Its estimated that todays game was worth £110,000 just for being on TV and I would say they are almost guaranteed another TV date in the next round too
    They've made almost 350k in prize money so far from the cup run, plus of course the tv money on top. A big away game next round and their overall cup earnings will be over 1m.

Incidentally is it the biggest cup shock ever in terms of league placings? 98 places between them and Ipswich, i can't imagine there's been many more wider gaps than that?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Fuck em. 

On a Monday evening 
  • Kicking off in the ground in the Black Country derby. Game stopped briefly after Wolves go 2-0 up
  • Braindead Wolves fans in the home end can’t help giving it after the second goal. How hard would it have been to keep quiet for the last 15 mins?!
  • So many total specimens on display. Doesn’t do the sport of football any favours …. I mean kids having to get fucking carried out the crowd?

It’s football - what’s the point of having a fight over it? Lowlifes.
  • Ridiculous whats happened in WBA v Wolves

I get its a local derby and massive rivalry, but you didn't see this when Sunderland played Newcastle in the last round, you can have a good match with your rivals and just chant no need for the violence(i know it seems to have started from Wolves fans getting in the home end, you gotta ask how they got it, surely for a game like this WBA should be selling to members only) 

Absolutely appalling and takes us back to a place we don't want to be
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 28
    Notice that Caleb Taylor is coming on for West Brom, given he was "linked" to us this month, god he's a lanky git isnt he

Be like having me in defence, just without the ability to play Football
  • That challenge from Bartley before the match was stopped was proper football stuff, exactly what you want in a derby. 
  • Of course the LAD accounts will glorify the violence and call it a 'proper derby'. 

Pandering to the 0 iq fans so they can cosplay being a hooligan. 
  • edited January 28
    Croydon said:
    Kicking off in the ground in the Black Country derby. Game stopped briefly after Wolves go 2-0 up
    I m o just a symptom of general unease and frustration in England .. unpopular govt doing fuck all despite bullshit about Rwanda, scandals where nothing is done, good jobs hard to find for the 'average' citizen, prices on everything going up and up, no wonder a lot of people's emotions are ready to boil over 

• I found it quite refreshing