Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• They’re not gonna get a better chance than that.
  • Palace out thank god. Would have put the cap on a crap season if those wankers got to Wembley.
  • Palace out thank god. Would have put the cap on a crap season if those wankers got to Wembley.
    Again 😉
  • ANOTHER medical emergency.
  • Cold weather means stickier blood, so greater risk of heart attack and stroke, so that's probably why.
  • No League One teams remain.

• clive said:

FA Cup fourth round TV details

Friday, 26 January

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City at 20:00 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Saturday, 27 January

Ipswich Town v Maidstone United at 12:30 GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Fulham v Newcastle United at 19:00 GMT on ITV4 and ITVX

Sunday, 28 January

West Brom v Brentford or Wolves at 11:45 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Liverpool v Norwich City or Bristol Rovers at 14.30 GMT on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX

Newport County or Eastleigh v Manchester United at 16.30 GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67953374

Wondered why there wasn't a Monday night live game, but i've just seen that Blackburn v Wrexham is live on the Monday, but only on BBC Wales.
  • Bournemouth 5-0 up over Swansea at HT. I think they'll get through now.
  • edited January 26
    Many people are obsessed with formations.
    Spurs v Man city is a great example of flexible movement. 

Hard to tell on TV when you can only see  less that half the pitch but Walker has been seen overlapping and putting the ball in the box, going infield and being an Inverted full back tucking in midfield.

The skill level is on a different planet to the lower leagues and the fitness levels are off the scale.
  • Many people are obsessed with formations.

Hard to tell on TV when you can only see  less that half the pitch but Walker has been seen overlapping and putting the ball in the box, going infield and being an Inverted full back tucking in midfield.

The skill level is on a different planet to the lower leagues and the fitness levels are off the scale.
    Nonsense, City are rubbish, look at Tedic and Fiorini.
  • Sponsored links:

Outrageous standard on show from both teams, the pace and movement and close one touch passing is on another planet 

Outrageous standard on show from both teams, the pace and movement and close one touch passing is on another planet 

The passing is sublime so far. I keep thinking the defenders will make a mistake soon and then I remember it's not Cafc !
    I like the route one Spurs tried as well when the keeper just got there before Richarlison.

There's many on here who have seen Charlton beat City home and away and Spurs home and away. Sweet and sour watching this game and how the top teams play now.
  • Yep I’ve watched us beat both home and away but these sides are just worlds away now 
  • Didn't see much wrong with that, keeper has to do better.
  • Anyone know if McCoist thinks the keeper’s got to be stronger there?
  • JaShea99 said:
    Anyone know if McCoist thinks the keeper’s got to be stronger there?
    "By the way  ....."

You're a bit late with your report on Tuesday's game. 
  • I don't get to watch teams like those two very often but personally found the majority of the match tediously boring, much prefer two regular teams over those two trying to sideways pass each other to death in the defence & midfield. 

I appreciate it wins games & trophies but the Pep style of football is way more dull then so called hoof ball to me, a shame it has infected all of football in recent years. 
  • Yeah, bores me shitless watching that style of slick interpassing over Welling
  • Good luck Maidstone United.
  • Sponsored links:

• Came away from WHL gutted last night.  Its the hope that kills you every time FFs.

Beaten by far the better team, no complaints.  Thought Van der Venn and Romero were outstanding at the back.  We missed Sarr and Son badly.
  • edited January 27
    How is Sam Bone doing for Maidstone?

He was on our books as a youngster before getting Cancer and subsequently released, but seem to recall he was quite highly rated - He was playing over in Ireland for a while 
  • Another ex Charlton youth Jeremy Sarmiento playing.  He left us for Benfica - where it didn't work out - now at Brighton and on loan at Ipswich.  
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Came away from WHL gutted last night.  Its the hope that kills you every time FFs.

Beaten by far the better team, no complaints.  Thought Van der Venn and Romero were outstanding at the back.  We missed Sarr and Son badly.
    Romero is a good, tough defender but in possession at the back, he tends to really slow down the Spurs break outs, not a good passer
  • What a shame. Had to happen though. 
  • Did that take a tiny deflection? Not that it wasn't deserved.  
  • Another ex Charlton youth Jeremy Sarmiento playing.  He left us for Benfica - where it didn't work out - now at Brighton and on loan at Ipswich.  
    scored the 88th minute equaliser for Ipswich v Leicester in the week and again in the cup today