Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• It didn't cost Villa today after the Cash deflection late on but Villa were robbed of a penalty because there wasn't VAR.
    That fine, have no VAR but there will be even more mistakes but at least the game will flow and fans can go back to slagging off just the officials on the field and not guys in a bunker far away from the ground.
  • It didn't cost Villa today after the Cash deflection late on but Villa were robbed of a penalty because there wasn't VAR.
    That fine, have no VAR but there will be even more mistakes but at least the game will flow and fans can go back to slagging off just the officials on the field and not guys in a bunker far away from the ground.
    Exactly. Get rid of VAR.
  • edited January 7
    Amazing watching Udders 5-4-1 against Man city. 
    Thomas the winger we decided not to take a risk on when we had the first option is playing the furthest forward but even he is behind the ball when City have the ball within 25 yards of the goal!
  • Albie Morgan scores Blackpool's second goal at Forest
  • 32 minutes and City unpicked the defensive 11 by movement between the low, low low block.
  • I’m watching Shrewsbury v Wrexham on S4C.
    Jesus, just when you thought you couldn’t dislike Maclean more.
    Has spent most of the first half trying to get a rise out of Bowman (who is so far having none of it) and winding up the home ground.
    But they’re picking on me………..🙄
  • edited January 7
    Leeds players celebrating their goal in front of the Peterborough fans (from a league below), which was scored after the Peterborough players stopped because someone in the crowd blew a fake whistle.
    Stay classy Leeds.
  • edited January 7
    Leeds players celebrating their goal in front of the Peterborough fans (from a league below), which was scored after the Peterborough players stopped because someone in the crowd blew a fake whistle.
    Stay classy Leeds.
    They have history with it, after that Aston Villa game a few years ago
    Has spent most of the first half trying to get a rise out of Bowman (who is so far having none of it) and winding up the home ground.

Lechyd da KB, I will switch over as the City game is done and dusted.
    Love a bit of Welsh as it's the land of my maternal Grandfather. 
  • Are these games on Tv?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 7
    Just watched the highlights of Sheff Wed 4-0 Cardiff.
    Unbelievable scoreline considering how the game went - Cardiff missed two penalties in the first half and looks like they absolutely battered the massives in the second half. The Wednesday keeper only half-saved both pens, but the ball fortunately came back to him both times. He later also mishandled a speculative shot that went through his legs, but it unbelievably bounced kindly and didn’t go in. 
    Wednesday scored with two long range shots, a bit of dodgy keeping at a corner and a breakaway goal at the end. Not sure they did anything else.
    If the highlights were a true representation of the game, it’s the most wonky result I’ve ever seen!
  • Which games available to watch on tv right now please? All i have is Man city v Hudders on iplayer or red button.. TIA

Lechyd da KB, I will switch over as the City game is done and dusted.
    Love a bit of Welsh as it's the land of my maternal Grandfather. 
    I find it quite straightforward as I’ve picked up a few words over the years and of course they have to chuck the odd English word in now & then.
    Both Maclean & Bowman booked now.
    Be interesting last 30.
    Its not a bad game fair play.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Are these games on Tv?
    Man City vs Huddersfield is on iPlayer, as is Shrewsbury vs Wrexham (Welsh Commentary)

Imagine others are watching via Streams with ESPN+ having access to some games
  • Huge deflection gives Wrecsam the lead.
    If Shrewbury had a decent striker they’d have been 2-0 up at half time.
    Thems the breaks.
  • edited January 7
    The strange thing was the subtitles said Mullin had scored with a pass from O'Connor and not the other way round.
    Even the camera showed a close up of Mullin while the rest of the team were hugging O'Connor.
    The moral is get your shots on target and a deflection can be the final touch.
  • How did he miss that (Shrewsbury)
  • The lad Matos that Huddersfield got on loan from Chelsea looked decent on his debut. 19 years old, midfield. Not shy of a tackle 
  • That is a great finish but there's something about Bamford that I just don't like.
  • Sponsored links:

• The strange thing was the subtitles said Mullin had scored with a pass from O'Connor and not the other way round.
    Even the camera showed a close up of Mullin while the rest of the team were hugging O'Connor.
    Shrewsbury are desperate for a goalscorer.
    But happy for me old mate Parky.
    Hope they get a decent draw.
  • The strange thing was the subtitles said Mullin had scored with a pass from O'Connor and not the other way round.
    Shrewsbury are desperate for a goalscorer.
    But happy for me old mate Parky.
    Hope they get a decent draw.
    Yeah, they could do with the money. 
  • Haven't watched a live game in a football pub for a couple of years apart from England matches.
     I forgot how pathetic these top six teams fans are. Every player is shit. If they do something half decent then they are world beaters or goats apparently.
     I'm hoping as it's a cup game I won't have to listen to some twat going on about one of the players who just did something is part of his fucking fantasy football team. 
  • Watching the Arse v Liverpool game. 

You can see how hard it is getting kids interested in following our crap club. The quality and pace these guys now play at the top level is almost a different sport to what we see 
  • Haven't watched a live game in a football pub for a couple of years apart from England matches.
     I forgot how pathetic these top six teams fans are. Every player is shit. If they do something half decent then they are world beaters or goats apparently.
     I'm hoping as it's a cup game I won't have to listen to some twat going on about one of the players who just did something is part of his fucking fantasy football team. 
    Watching football in a pub is an absolutely awful experience. 
  • Kai Havertz. I just don’t understand why Arsenal paid £65 million quid for him.
    Chelsea took a punt on him because he looked good for Leverkusen and he was 20 or 21. I get that, even if that punt was overpriced. But he’s just spent the last three years spurning opportunities in front of goal. Now he’s doing the same for Arsenal.
    I just don’t see why he commands such a big fee. He’s not that good. Maybe they’re hoping he’ll get better as he matures?

I should point out, I couldn’t care less about Arsenal. I just find it an odd purchase. And mildly amusing. 😎
  • Did I hear the commentator right.. Gomez has played a 199 games for Liverpool and hasn't scored? 
  • Cracking game this 
  • Did I hear the commentator right.. Gomez has played a 199 games for Liverpool and hasn't scored? 
    Gomez has never scored a professional goal.
  • Weird stain on Arteta’s crotch there.

🤢