Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• ITV coverage is a bit rubbish
  • ITV coverage is a bit rubbish
    To be fair, no one could have made that shit look good.
    And they have to play again 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
  • edited January 4
    You know it was a poor match when the only talking point was VAR and a red card
  • Why haven’t Palace got their home kit on?
    It's their special FA Cup winning kit, let's hope it's dumped after the replay.
  • thought it was quite a good game myself. Eze is a pleasure to watch. A bet on him having a couple of shots on target helped though (he only had 1 i think so i lost)
  • Enjoying watching Josh Cullen tonight v Spurs. Reminder of what a box to box player looks like, even if not much is coming of his efforts for Burnley so far.
  • Great shot from Porro
  • Cracking goal for Spurs but awful from Burnley 
  • magic of the cup 
  • iaitch said:
    Why haven’t Palace got their home kit on?
    It's their special FA Cup winning kit, let's hope it's dumped after the replay.
    FA cup winning kit ? They never have or never will win the fa cup ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sunderland v Newcastle is like a throw back to when the FA cup was the highlight of the football season.
    A proper atmosphere in a local derby.
  • Sunderland v Newcastle is like a throw back to when the FA cup was the highlight of the football season.
    Did I hear them say that they have given over the Sunderland end to the Newcastle fans?

I bet that has gone down well.
  • Much better without VAR.
  • Off_it said:
    Sunderland v Newcastle is like a throw back to when the FA cup was the highlight of the football season.
    Did I hear them say that they have given over the Sunderland end to the Newcastle fans?

As it's the FA cup the away allocation is more than a league match. For safety reasons its probably best to keep 6000 Geordie fans out of 48k in a section where it's easier to be policed.
    I hope Sunderland painted the seats black as good hosts !
  • Off_it said:
    Sunderland v Newcastle is like a throw back to when the FA cup was the highlight of the football season.

As it's the FA cup the away allocation is more than a league match. For safety reasons its probably best to keep 6000 Geordie fans out of 48k in a section where it's easier to be policed.
    I hope Sunderland painted the seats black as good hosts !
    If Charlton ever gave the Covered End to Millwall or Palace then I would stop supporting them on general principle.
  • Anthony Gordon seems a dislikeable individual…
  • Maidstone into the 4th round!!

A talented footballer who is still improving.

Probably, but likeable?
  • Gordon was looking for that all day long. Stupid challenge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 6
    2 upsets so far, on the slide a bit Stevenage lose to Maidstone and more surprisingly Aldershot win at Stockport in a R2 replay

I'm with Sporadic with this. He's got bags of potential but his constant diving would see him put him on his backside by a senior pro in training in previous generations. Needs to cut it out and focus on the positives. 
  • edited January 6
    The difference between a team who qualified for the Champions League and a decent but youngish Championship team is clear for all to see.
    If the talented Longstaff had his shooting boots on today then it would've been 5.
    This win should give momentum back to Newcastle in the Premier League and in the FA cup.

• Terrible result for Oxford today at Coventry - Another team that clearly raised their game against us.
  • "Millwall from National League South" beat Stevenage, apparently, according to Mark Poo-gash on ITV just now!
  • Well done Maidstone, hope they get a big team and a nice pay day in the next round.
  • Well done Maidstone, hope they get a big team and a nice pay day in the next round.
    Maidstone to end up with playing Brentford

Yet BBC and ITV instead opt to show every other Premier League game no doubt
  • “Millwall from National League South”, as quoted on ITV.

if only…
    They'd still beat us, even if we were in the European Super League...
  • Some fairly dull results really. The majority of the bigger teams easily seeing off the smaller ones