Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Ivan Toney will be an Arsenal player by the morning at this rate!
  • Did I hear the commentator right.. Gomez has played a 199 games for Liverpool and hasn't scored? 
    It’s almost as if he’s a defender and it isn’t his job to score goals…
  • Did I hear the commentator right.. Gomez has played a 199 games for Liverpool and hasn't scored? 

Our Joe has played 222 matches in all competitions for Liverpool and Charlton and hasn't scored; not that he is judged on goalscoring !
  • I was actually more surprised by the amount of games he has played rather than the goalscoring. Especially as he was out injured for a while at Liverpool. Just doesn't seem to me that long ago he was in a Charlton shirt. 
  • Lee Clark's son has come on for the Scouser; can't see Liverpool losing for a few years !
    Great save and strong hand by Ramsdale and then knows where his crossbar is 😲
  • Think that's an OG
  • Think Ramsdale probably shouldn’t be charging off his line there. Arsenal only have themselves to blame though, had so many good chances and should should have had this match wrapped up. 
  • Liverpool fans are louder at the Emirates than they are at Anfield!
  • Might become a Liverpool fan. In the last 22 times where they have gone in front only twice they have dropped points. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kai Havertz. I just don’t understand why Arsenal paid £65 million quid for him.
    Chelsea took a punt on him because he looked good for Leverkusen and he was 20 or 21. I get that, even if that punt was overpriced. But he’s just spent the last three years spurning opportunities in front of goal. Now he’s doing the same for Arsenal.
    I just don’t see why he commands such a big fee. He’s not that good. Maybe they’re hoping he’ll get better as he matures?

I should point out, I couldn’t care less about Arsenal. I just find it an odd purchase. And mildly amusing. 😎
    Baffling how someone can be so mediocre at Chelsea, yet still command a similarly massive fee when they sold him on to Arsenal. 

Arsenal have seen how he's struggled for Chelsea in the Premier League. At a "Big 6" club. In London. Yet still decided to blow a ridiculous sum on him.
  • edited January 8
    Did I hear the commentator right.. Gomez has played a 199 games for Liverpool and hasn't scored? 
    Gomez has never scored a professional goal.
    I've got 2000 t shirts with 'I saw Gomez score' on, ready to make a handsome profit.

Actaully I've had them a while and had to replace Leaburn with Gomez.
  • se9addick said:
    Liverpool fans are louder at the Emirates than they are at Anfield!
    This is generally the case for most of the big clubs though as to have any chance of getting a ticket for their away games you'll likely need to be a die hard supporter who travels everywhere and has built up tons of points.
  • Spurs v Man City the tie of the 4th round.

Maidstone get a trip to Ipswich.

Eastleigh will (probably) be at home to Man U if they win their replay with Newport.
  • Massive incentive for both Eastleigh and Newport in the replay. 

Newport have already hosted us this season, hosting Man U would be almost as special.

Eastleigh will (probably) be at home to Man U if they win their replay with Newport.
    The main tie?? They play each other at least twice a year anyway. 
  • Mike Danson who bought Wigan is a massive Man U fan. He’ll be enjoying himself this evening. Good luck to ‘em. 
  • Clare having a good game 
  • edited January 8
    Humphry's had a good shot at goal but he was waiting for Godo to put the ball in the net for Wigan
  • Clare having a good game 

He's a good player (but not good enough for us according to many...).
  • Sponsored links:

• Clare to score anytime 25/1. Encouraged as he just drifted into space unmarked on the pen spot from a wasted cross. I also have him in multiple bets to be booked tonight. Big Sean Clare fan me.
  • Clare, Sessegnon, Magennis, Amos on the bench too, it's like a northern outpost for ex players
  • That's the softest penalty I've seen in a while. Fernandes is such a soft little prick
  • edited January 8
    sam3110 said:
    That's the softest penalty I've seen in a while. Fernandes is such a soft little prick

So if Alfie May took a slight knock in the penalty area you would want him to stay on his feet despite the fact he has a 75%* chance of getting a penalty?

*Estimate !
  • sam3110 said:
    That's the softest penalty I've seen in a while. Fernandes is such a soft little prick
    Agreed.

All this, "there was contact" bollocks. Since when did someone touching you instantly make you fall over.
  • Nearly 23000 there tonight. That's why you take cup games seriously.
  • Should Wolves beat Brentford I imagine West Brom v Wolves will be on the box.  This is a BIG derby match.

The main tie?? They play each other at least twice a year anyway. 
    True but any of the 'big 6' facing each other is easily the biggest tie of the round.

Same as Arsenal v Liverpool was the tie of the 3rd round.
  • My guess for the tv games will be:

Spurs v Man City
    Newport/Eastleigh v Man U
    West Brom v Wolves (if Wolves win their replay)
    Chelsea v Villa
    Fulham v Newcastle
    Possibly Sheff Utd v Brighton only because it's 2 PL sides.
    They might try and get Blackburn v Wrexham on as well purely because of the Wrexham love-in.
  • And who pulled Man City out the hat?
    Gary bloody Mabbutt.  I despair.