Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• WTF does Josh Davison look like with that hairstyle!!
    Gotta be for a bet surely ???
  • WTF does Josh Davison look like with that hairstyle!!

A double pony tail !
  • It's called pig tails isn't it?
    Lots of girls had them back in the day. 
  • It's called pig tails isn't it?
    Lots of girls had them back in the day. 
    Wonder if he has the School Uniform to match with them
  • edited December 2023
    5-0 FT. 
    33 shots and 17 on target by Wimbledon.
    Pleased for JJ though Ipswich will be a challenge!
  • Based on what have seen over the last year (defeats to Stockport, Gillingham & Newport) it’s fair to say that If we went down to league two we wouldn’t come back up!
    Anything can happen in the cup though. Remember we beat Brighton last year, who a couple of weeks later went and hammered Liverpool.

Over the course of 46 games you'd like to think that we'd be good enough.
  • Forest Green Rovers have been ordered to replay their FA Cup tie against Scarborough Athletic after admitting fielding an ineligible player.

League Two side Rovers beat National League North team Scarborough 5-2 in a first-round replay on 14 November.

The Football Association said a professional game board sub-committee had ruled the tie should be replayed to a finish next Tuesday, 12 December.

Blackpool will host the winners in the second round.

The winners of that tie will be away to Nottingham Forest in round three.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67637539

• I don’t understand why they get to replay when Barnsley were kicked out 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I don’t understand why they get to replay when Barnsley were kicked out 
    Forest Green appealed against the decision whilst Barnsley accepted they were wrong in what they did, seems to be the outcome here
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope FGR pay all of Scarborough's costs, for having to travel down again 
  • I hope FGR pay all of Scarborough's costs, for having to travel down again 
    The game is at Scarborough 
  • edited December 2023
    seth plum said:
    Sounds like FGR played an ineligible player in round one.
    Been reading the FGR forum. They had a player out on loan to a non league club but he returned before the first Scarborough game and joined the non league club after they had been knocked out of the FA cup so they don’t think it’s that. They also have a keeper on a 7 day emergency loan but he’s been there nearly two months and their first choice keeper has been fit for a while now. 7 day emergency loans can be renewed for 7 days at a time but if their first choice was fit that would probably contravene the rules. 
    Based on this it may be that Barnsley was cut & dried & FGR were more a victim of unclear rules that they had interpreted wrongly. 
  • shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Forest Green appealed against the decision whilst Barnsley accepted they were wrong in what they did, seems to be the outcome here
    I'm confused then (Easily done I know) - If Forest Green appealed, and did nothing wrong, surely they should advance to the 2nd Round... If they were in the wrong then Scarborough take their place
    The differences in Barnsley & Forest Green Rovers  players ineligibility.

Barnsley - breached rule 103 & fielded an unregistered player. Disqualified.

FGR - breached rule 109 & fielded a registered loan player but without permission to play from parent club. Re-play tie.
  • The Magic of the cup! 
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I'm confused then (Easily done I know) - If Forest Green appealed, and did nothing wrong, surely they should advance to the 2nd Round... If they were in the wrong then Scarborough take their place

FGR - breached rule 109 & fielded a registered loan player but without permission to play from parent club. Re-play tie.
    FGR had permission to field the player, but hadn't told the FA

• sam3110 said:
    The Magic of the cup! 
    Bloody hell ITV... I was only joking about you showing Palace vs Everton

Why not Gillingham vs Sheff Utd?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:

I'd kick out the parent club......
  • sam3110 said:
    The Magic of the cup! 
    I understand the Arsenal game, but wtf the other two all Premier League games are on is beyond me.
    Come on Everton btw!
  • edited December 2023
    Palace Everton and Spurs Burnley are proper stinkers

ITV desperate for any excuse to show as many Premier League teams as possible.

Man U’s run of being on the tele in the cup (except when it’s against Charlton) continues.
  • Port Vale vs Stevenage replay tonight. If Port Vale win, then our game against them on 3rd round day will be off.
  • Port Vale 1-0 against Stevenage tonight. 

Is that good news or not? Means we are free on That Saturday and have more time to organize the team.
  • Had thought about going to watch Barnet vs Newport. Newport 2-0 up already.
  • Newport 3-0 up 
  • Port Vale 2-0 up ,looks as if we have a free Saturday again .
  • Can Stevenage do a Cambridge it’s 2-1  
    82 minute.