Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• clive said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Because probably half our season ticket holders are not interested in turning up for cup matches, so the club does not open all the home stands.
    yes because have done in the past when there were likely to be bigger crowds and all stands open. A long time since that happened though. 
  • Won't we just get the whole scaffold end stand? 
  • Rothko said:
    Won't we just get the whole scaffold end stand? 
    only half of it is allowed to be used I believe now cause of safety issues?
  • se9addick said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Because we close most of our stadium for cup matches. 
    We close the home areas to our fans so we can sell them to away fans i.e. Brighton.
  • If we stopped routinely serving up crap performances at The Valley in the FA Cup early rounds, then more would turn up.

My record for mates coerced or strong armed into attending a 3rd/4th round Charlton home draw is 12, of whom only 3 were Addicks. Meet in Blackheath for a beer, train to Charlton, crap game of football, then back to the village for a curry.  Did it for the rugby as well, until The Club moved to Well Hall.  Age has dimmed my vigour for live sport of course, but if Charlton actually turned up in the cups at home, there's your answer surely?
  • If the club don't take the FA cup seriously don't expect the fans to. Playing weakened teams sends out the wrong message , which is a shame as a good cup run can really change the atmosphere around the club.
    Our best played had played 87 of the first 148 minutes of the tie (59%). The aggregate score at that point was 2-2. The aggregate score with him (May) on the pitch was 1-1.

I really don’t think “not taking it seriously” can be levelled at us. Credit to CVPM for hustling as well as they did, and took advantage of their couple of lucky breaks.
  • Was planning on going to Gillingham but Golfie Jnr says that he's seeing one of his Uni mates that weekend.....and he's had enough of sitting out in the open at the Priestfield. Seeing as its early December its not likely to be that warm neither. 

Oh well.....hope for a win & a good draw in the 3rd round then I might actually get to see us live during our cup run 😄😄
  • a mate of mate of mine quite well informed at the gills says we will likely get 2200 tickets 
  • Should be 15% in FA cup so 2200 tickets is too high if capacity is 11587.
    Maybe the American owners see business opportunity and will give Cafc more if needed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ball numbers for Sunday's 3rd round draw

1. AFC Bournemouth
    2. Arsenal
    3. Aston Villa
    4. Birmingham City
    5. Blackburn Rovers
    6. Brentford
    7. Brighton & Hove Albion
    8. Bristol City
    9. Burnley
    10. Cardiff City
    11. Chelsea
    12. Coventry City
    13. Crystal Palace
    14. Everton
    15. Fulham
    16. Huddersfield Town
    17. Hull City
    18. Ipswich Town
    19. Leeds United
    20. Leicester City
    21. Liverpool
    22. Luton Town
    23. Manchester City
    24. Manchester United
    25. Middlesbrough
    26. Millwall
    27. Newcastle United
    28. Norwich City
    29. Nottingham Forest
    30. Plymouth Argyle
    31. Preston North End
    32. Queens Park Rangers
    33. Rotherham United
    34. Sheffield United
    35. Sheffield Wednesday
    36. Southampton
    37. Stoke City
    38. Sunderland
    39. Swansea City
    40. Tottenham Hotspur
    41. Watford
    42. West Bromwich Albion
    43. West Ham United
    44. Wolverhampton Wanderers
    45. Maidstone United or Barrow
    46. Wycombe Wanderers or Morecambe
    47. Notts County or Shrewsbury Town
    48. Chesterfield or Leyton Orient
    49. Aldershot Town or Stockport County
    50. Alfreton Town or Walsall
    51. Blackpool or Forest green Rovers
    52. Cambridge United or Fleetwood Town
    53. Bolton Wanderers or Harrogate Town
    54. Wrexham or Yeovil Town
    55. Crewe Alexandra or Bristol Rovers
    56. Peterborough United or Doncaster Rovers
    57. Eastleigh or Reading
    58. Gillingham or Charlton Athletic
    59. Stevenage or Port Vale
    60. Newport County or Barnet
    61. Oxford United or Grimsby Town
    62. York City or Wigan Athletic
    63. Sutton United or Horsham
    64. AFC Wimbledon or Ramsgate
  • Forest green v Blackpool postponed as the FA investigation forest green for an unknown reason 
  • Forest green v Blackpool postponed as the FA investigation forest green for an unknown reason 
    Has Vince been secretly ordering a Rib Eye Steak Pre-Match, whilst the plebs are forced Vegan options?
    Investigating Inniss for impersonating a centre half.
  • FGR website shows neither result from the Scarborough games nor any match reports for this season. My guess is another ineligible player issue.
  • Bit foggy @ York tonight, for the BBC game vs Wigan
  • Sounds like FGR played an ineligible player in round one.
  • If it's another case of an ineligible player, strange that the Barnsley case was resolved over a week ago, whereas this is still ongoing.

Unless someone has been telling pork pies to the FA.
  • If it's another case of an ineligible player, strange that the Barnsley case was resolved over a week ago, whereas this is still ongoing.

Unless someone has been telling pork garden veg pies to the FA.

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Sounds like FGR played an ineligible player in round one.
    Been reading the FGR forum. They had a player out on loan to a non league club but he returned before the first Scarborough game and joined the non league club after they had been knocked out of the FA cup so they don’t think it’s that. They also have a keeper on a 7 day emergency loan but he’s been there nearly two months and their first choice keeper has been fit for a while now. 7 day emergency loans can be renewed for 7 days at a time but if their first choice was fit that would probably contravene the rules. 
  • Any spares please DM me 
  • Goalless between York and Wigan at half time
  • a mate of mate of mine quite well informed at the gills says we will likely get 2200 tickets 
    Never trust an itk mate of a mate … 
  • Wow, that's an unusual one, I've never heard of a cup tie being postponed like that.

I presume FGR will have an urgent meating with the FA, as there's a lot at steak.  
    Careful, you will have the spelling police on you.
  • Charlton fan Alex Woodyard doing a decent job in midfield for York, almost 60 mins and still goalless
  • edited December 2023
    Boo 0-1 Humphrys, terrible defending
  • seth plum said:
    Sounds like FGR played an ineligible player in round one.
    Been reading the FGR forum. They had a player out on loan to a non league club but he returned before the first Scarborough game and joined the non league club after they had been knocked out of the FA cup so they don’t think it’s that. They also have a keeper on a 7 day emergency loan but he’s been there nearly two months and their first choice keeper has been fit for a while now. 7 day emergency loans can be renewed for 7 days at a time but if their first choice was fit that would probably contravene the rules. 

The FA said they were looking at "the eligibility of a player used by Forest Green Rovers in the first round."

No details on which player is being investigated have been disclosed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67596738

• Apparently he was pictured holding a hamburger
  • any reliable streams anywhere?  I was going in their end (oo er) but quite frankly it’s too cold