Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• edited November 2023
    LeeValley said:
    Same Pompey team that started at Reading last week, don't look anything special. 
    Played 15

Won 10

Drawn 5

Lost  0.

Doing OK me thinks. 
    Just shows how poor league one is this season ( including us) because Pompey look awful. 
    They've beaten Peterborough and Barnsley, drawn with Derby and Stevenage. Have yet to faced Bolton | Oxford, or their bogey team... Us

However they can only get results against what's in front of them - But they've been in this position before now... So wouldn't be paying out if I was a bookie.
  • Portsmouth played their first 11 that got them top of the league. OK a few injuries but their manager respected Chesterfield. Well done Spireites. 
  • Based on the draw... I'm thinking

- Non-League side = Excellent
     - League One side = Let Cray have the win
     - League Two side = Meh, could be better
  • There’s no point tuning in til at least 2:45 is there?
  • edited November 2023
    Portsmouth played their first 11 that got them top of the league. OK a few injuries but their manager respected Chesterfield. Well done Spireites. 
    And now their first team players confidence is shot ahead of their next league game… let this be a lesson to Michael Appleton: play the kids!

:-)
  • Starting now apparently.
  • edited November 2023
    Loved the awkwardness from the Interviewer when he asked Paul Cook about enjoying a cup run, and being told that Chesterfield would rather focus on the League
  • Maidstone at home to Barrow,
  • aliwibble said:
    Maidstone at home to Barrow,
    Good tie for Maidstone
  • What an uninspiring draw! Gills away. So typical 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillingham Away
  • Gillingham v... us or Cray Valley. Oh joy.
  • Gillingham v Charlton or Cray Valley
  • Gillingham away
  • edited November 2023
    Can we just let Cray Valley have the win!!

Least we have the potential to reach the third round I suppose
  • Ramsgate away to AFC Wimbledon
  • Can we just let Cray Valley have the win!!

Why? Decent draw local game 
  • What a shame for Ramsgate
  • Wimbledon v Ramsgate
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember the misery of the last time we played at Priestfield in the cup. 

As a Premier League side!

Not very inspiring... I enjoy the Cup because of the prospect of facing different teams - Rather than one we've faced a few times the last few seasons.

As I say... Its a good opportunity to get a big game in the 3rd Round.

Thats it.
  • Could be a TV game. 
  • edited November 2023
    You'd expect the Aldershot and Chesterfield ties to be televised given their upsets... Hope Ramsgate do get televised given they've shown Cray Valley at a League side.

Maybe because it’s a shithole.
  • I will take that big chance to get in the 3rd round and hopefully one of the big boys🙏🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Such a poxy ground, with tons of OTT policing to add to the fun.
    Could’ve been worse I suppose, but either way we have to overcome the mighty Cray Valley Paper Mills first.
  • You'd expect the Aldershot and Chesterfield ties to be televised given their upsets... Hope Ramsgate do get televised given they've shown Cray Valley at a League side.
    Only 20 matches in 2nd round. Depends how many matches they are planning to show. Eastleigh v Reading is another guaranteed TV game.
  • The delights of The Scally scaffold possibly. Which is now reduced capacity so if we get through it be a nightmare to get a ticket