Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Bromley may be slightly miffed about the foul up the other end that wasn't given before Blackpool counterattacked
  • No foul given in the build up, then a stonewaller not given at the other end
  • Morgan attempts to lob the keeper from the halfway line when the keeper is two yards off his line
  • Was that on Elerewe with his marking?
    Nope it was the defender on the other side, Deji was racing back to cover the far post.
  • Ooh! Bromley shot just squeaked wide.
  • Like what Appleton had to say about going for it with strong start and not letting the other side settle. 
    Comments on Bromley v Blackpool bbc2 live match.
    Sounds as if he is going for it from the off.
  • The draw for the second round is 2.30 pm tomorrow, the magic of the FA cup (-:
  • Blackpool playing some nice stuff
  • 2-0 to Blackpool. Deji could possibly have done better in the build up to that, but Dembele's very nippy and difficult to keep track of.
    I was wondering why I recognised the name of the ref, and he was the one who sent the Exeter player off against us a few weeks ago, which got rescinded almost immediately.
  • cblock said:
    The draw for the second round is 2.30 pm tomorrow, the magic of the FA cup (-:
    I thought it was after our game ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Finally a mention that Elerewe is our player!
  • Are the commentators really that "innocent" that when a keeper goes down with a mystery injury they don't twig it's because the manager wants a team talk? 
  • Some agricultural tackles going in now. Lovely to see the ref' letting them go. 
  • edited November 2023
    cblock said:
    The draw for the second round is 2.30 pm tomorrow, the magic of the FA cup (-:
    I thought it was after our game ? 
    It’s scheduled for 2:30pm on ITV, after FT of Chesterfield v Portsmouth at 2:10-2:20pm ish.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/when-fa-cup-second-round-draw-date-time-teams-live-stream-watch/blt96f409cd65ae1066
  • Steve Wilson the best football commentator around? 
  • Some agricultural tackles going in now. Lovely to see the ref' letting them go. 
    If I remember rightly, the ref did the same thing in the Exeter game, letting everything go in the the first half, but then came up with that random red card in the second. He wasn't very popular in last year's Statbank either. (Scroll up from Seth's post, it'll be quicker)
  • Refreshing that Woodman didn't blame the referee not giving a foul for the first goal
  • This is not the Bromley v Blackpool thread
  • ValleyBen said:
    Really looking forward to this one, as I always do with the FA Cup, me and my lot will be in attendance, hopefully not too many fans lmaking their excuses to not be there.

Assuming parent clubs don't stop us choosing anyone from our squad then I think we can risk our subs bench plus some kids as the starting team, with a strong safety net bench filled with the likes of May, B-Taylor & Leaburn just in case.

Worst part of this time of year is so called Charlton fans wanting us to lose because they panic a few extra matches is going to destroy any hope of promotion, honestly if you ever find yourself wanting your team to lose a game then take a look at yourself, embarrassing to call yourself a fan of our great club.

Fingers crossed we have people turning their TVs off nice and early on Sunday as we comfortably put to bed the idea of any upset, COYR! 
    No chance.
    If we play a second eleven there is no way it will be comfortable.
    If we go so far as to play youth alongside our members of our second eleven then we will lose.
    Would you really trust Charlie Kirk for example to be able to gee up youth team players against opposition playing in the game of their lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vennings on at HT
  • Valley11 said:
    Steve Wilson the best football commentator around? 
    His pronunciation of Elerewe could be better though.
  • stonemuse said:
    Are tickets available to buy tomorrow ? 
    I've got mine.

Front row of my lounge. New comfy sofa with drinks & snacks whenever I want them. And without having to get up & down 10 mins into the game, before half time, 10 mins into the 2nd half and 5 mins before the end of the match because people want a beer/chips/ the loo and cant wait.....

Can’t you let your son watch the match instead of waiting on you?
    Out of order, you are.
  • This is not the Bromley v Blackpool thread
    It’s the general FA Cup 23/24 thread and that’s the current TV game
    The title of the thread says not.
  • edited November 2023
    This is not the Bromley v Blackpool thread
    It’s the general FA Cup 23/24 thread and that’s the current TV game
    The title of the thread says not.
    The first comment on the thread was about the Fourth Qualifying Round.

These thread titles always get updated when Charlton get involved, but its still about the competition as a whole, rather than just our own involvement.
  • edited November 2023
    @jimmymelrose It's the general FA Cup thread for this season, the title was changed to indicate who we had in the draw, and it'll get changed again tomorrow after the second round draw. If you want the specific match preview thread it's here, and the match thread will be up sometime after half four tomorrow

ETA actually I've changed it now so people know what time the draw is tomorrow.
  • Do enjoy a good bit of thread OCD
  • Ooh Deji nearly scored then if not for a great defensive block.
  • Took me a while to realise it was Elerewe they were talking about
  • Little bit of pressure building for Bromley last 5 minutes but not taking their chances.