Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Guess it will be a different looking starting 11 on Sunday?
    With Chuks gone for a while will Alfie & Miles start on the bench or will MA go for a fast start and goals with a view to very early subs to then protect them? Think I'd go for Chem and Tedic to start.
    Who else needs minutes on the 'grass'?......... though I'd start embracing the new football vocabulary :)  Kirk, Fraser, Anderson, McGrandles, Chin, Tayo Edun, Ness, T Thomas, Walker?

Walker
    Chin, Ness, T Thomas, Edun
    Anderson, McGrandles, Fraser
    Tedic, Campbell

Loan players may not be given permission by their main club to play in the cup
  • Really looking forward to this one, as I always do with the FA Cup, me and my lot will be in attendance, hopefully not too many fans lmaking their excuses to not be there.

Assuming parent clubs don't stop us choosing anyone from our squad then I think we can risk our subs bench plus some kids as the starting team, with a strong safety net bench filled with the likes of May, B-Taylor & Leaburn just in case.

Worst part of this time of year is so called Charlton fans wanting us to lose because they panic a few extra matches is going to destroy any hope of promotion, honestly if you ever find yourself wanting your team to lose a game then take a look at yourself, embarrassing to call yourself a fan of our great club.

Fingers crossed we have people turning their TVs off nice and early on Sunday as we comfortably put to bed the idea of any upset, COYR! 
  • The guy who runs Cray Valley Paper Mill's website is quoted in that esteemed organ, the Daily Mail Online, saying that they are bringing about 1,250 supporters on Sunday. They usually get about 150 at home.

Looking forward to the game. I quite like the look of WrightCharlie's team and assume that Charlie Kirk is the 11th invisible man, which is very apt. We'll need some big guns on the bench in case things start going wrong and people start turning over from Countryfile to BBC2. I see the draw is being made immediately after the game.
  • Blucher said:
    The guy who runs Cray Valley Paper Mill's website is quoted in that esteemed organ, the Daily Mail Online, saying that they are bringing about 1,250 supporters on Sunday. They usually get about 150 at home.

Looking forward to the game. I quite like the look of WrightCharlie's team and assume that Charlie Kirk is the 11th invisible man, which is very apt. We'll need some big guns on the bench in case things start going wrong and people start turning over from Countryfile to BBC2. I see the draw is being made immediately after the game.
    Cue the camera switching the the Cray Valley dressing room as they watch to see who they’ve drawn in the second round…
  • edited November 2023
    ross1 said:
    Guess it will be a different looking starting 11 on Sunday?
    With Chuks gone for a while will Alfie & Miles start on the bench or will MA go for a fast start and goals with a view to very early subs to then protect them? Think I'd go for Chem and Tedic to start.
    Who else needs minutes on the 'grass'?......... though I'd start embracing the new football vocabulary :)  Kirk, Fraser, Anderson, McGrandles, Chin, Tayo Edun, Ness, T Thomas, Walker?

Walker
    Tedic, Campbell

This is a very good point, I haven't seen anything to indicate either way if all the loan players have been allowed to play.Obviously Abankwah won't be a problem.
  • ross1 said:
    Guess it will be a different looking starting 11 on Sunday?

Walker
    Tedic, Campbell

Good point, I forgot all about that one :)
  • Blucher said:
    The guy who runs Cray Valley Paper Mill's website is quoted in that esteemed organ, the Daily Mail Online, saying that they are bringing about 1,250 supporters on Sunday. They usually get about 150 at home.

Ha ha, well spotted....... yes I forgot Kirk, posting earlier in a rush........ I know he's been a bit invisible but it's a good opportunity for him to get on a better track and if he does play I really hope he can.
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/03/lisbies-kyrell-kevin-charlton-cray-fa-

‘I couldn’t believe it’: Lisbies gear up for dream Charlton-Cray FA Cup clash

• fella I work with who's their captain is injured and out for the season - gutted for him that he's only gonna be able to sit in the dugout on Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Bayern Munich lost to a 3rd division side in the DFB Pokal, huge upset. Makes ya think...

Yeah we might have a chance..
  • The last time (that I could find) that a 3rd tier has hosted an 8th tier team was in the 2nd round of the 2019-20 competition.

Tranmere 5-1 Chichester City. CBT scored twice for the home side.

• edited November 2023
    Sheppey United vs Walsall @ 7:45pm on ITV tonight.

Alex Willis plays for the former now.

Viewers of our U18s may remember him from a few years ago, when he scored for fun for us, before going out to the United States in favour of his education.
  • Cray Valley manager says 'Going to Charlton gives the players a chance to see what a professionsl environment is about'

Er
  • Who ever wins this game, will be ball no10 in the draw for the next round
  • Just hope we put a decent team out - I get that they are circa 5 levels down but they will still have very good players in the grand scheme of things and if we have a load of half arsed wasters and youth I could easily see us come unstuck - think many on here are underestimating things - big upsets happen in football probably more than any other sport - having said that I’m not really that bothered and failing to muster any real enthusiasm for it but will probably tune in - hope the cray fans enjoy their day out but any millwall cray fans have a thoroughly miserable time 
  • ITV have the Cray Valley Manager on punditry duties tonight. 

Not the worst idea, given that Sheppey - Ramsgate - Cray are all in the same League and all reached the First Round. 
  • Cheeky buggers... Laura Woods I used to like you :D

Just said that there is a similar gap between Charlton / Walsall as Sheppey / Cray Valley - Just an extra Division eh!!
  • Sheppey 1 0 up with a screamer 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    What a goal for Sheppey...

100% against the run of play lol
  • What a lovely finish that was
  • Who did they just say used to play for us?
  • Barnsley 1-2 Horsham, with the home side ahead at one point
  • edited November 2023
    Alex Willis, former CAFC, subbed on just before half time for Sheppey
  • Alex Willis, former CAFC, subbed on just before half time for Sheppey
    Oh shit, didnt realise he'd come on
    Oh shit, didnt realise he'd come on

Wearing #15, looks like he's up front on his own
    Did he ever play for us ? 
  • edited November 2023
    Alex Willis, former CAFC, subbed on just before half time for Sheppey