Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• edited November 2023
    `

• MarcusH26 said:
    I'd be going for a bit of a mix and match side , definitely wouldn't have May or Dobbo involved.

Walker

T.Watson Ness Abankwah Edun

Fraser Anderson

C.Campbell Kirk T.Campbell

Tedic 
    Please no
  • Just had whatsapp from Cray Valley PM secretary sold 1500 in Jimmy Seed plus also plenty buying in the West as well
    We should probably think about getting tooled up then.
    You don’t fucking go anyway 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Just had whatsapp from Cray Valley PM secretary sold 1500 in Jimmy Seed plus also plenty buying in the West as well
    Why would they buy in the west 
    Because some might want to sit in a decent stand
  • J BLOCK said:
    Just had whatsapp from Cray Valley PM secretary sold 1500 in Jimmy Seed plus also plenty buying in the West as well
    Why would they buy in the west 
    Because some might want to sit in a decent stand
    It's the home stand for a reason. They can eff off into their allocated stand
  • edited November 2023
    Anybody from Cray Valley an I mean anybody, threatens my tartan blanket an thermos will be bloody sorry….. ! 
  • We are in the covered end for this one.
  • edited November 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah I got the same text - haha, literally how could whoever typed that out f**k it up so badly
  • If we’re playing them both shouldn’t it be Cray United?

Cray Wanderers we’re actually founded in 1860, you get that Palarse?
    1860, not 1905 like you desperate fantasists at Crystal Palace.
  • another one now with the correct name
  • Our hands might be slightly tied, depending on how many of our loan players we'll be allowed to play by their parent clubs.
  • To all those suggesting we start Kirk, I can only say I personally wouldn't even want him anywhere near the team even for a match against Cray Valley Paper Mills!
    Better playing Kirk than risking a better player getting injured 🤗
  • Sponsored links:

• Really hope we don't play any of the starting 11, with all due respect to Cray we should beat them comfortably with fringe players and youngsters. Last thing we need is an injury to Leaburn/May/Dobbo ala Welling in pre-season.
  • Don’t play any player who isn’t feeling 100% robust and up for it.
  • I would line up something like this:

Walker

Chin Bakrin Ness Thomas

Anderson Fraser Kedwell

Kirk   Tedic  C.Campbell
  • Alternatively, cup tie May, Leaburn and Dobson to take a little edge off the deal for prospective suitors in January, maybe encouraging them to look elsewhere.
  • C Campbell being on loan may not be able to play in cup game
  • Its also a shame that suspensions are league only now and not all domestic competitions, would have been ideal getting a silly yellow for both May and Dobbo at the end of the Wigan game to use up their suspensions on this one.
  • Fraser, Tedic, Chem Campbell, Ness, Nbankwah and Kirk all need minutes. Those plus AMB a couple of youngsters and first team regulars should be more than enough to win comfortably.
    That side will certainly have people turning over to BBC1 to watch The Antiques Roadshow. 
    Play our strongest side and put on a game worth watching ! 
    Let’s be real, no one other than real football freaks are tuning in anyway.

I get the argument for showing the competition, and the broadcaster, some respect by naming a decent side but I’m struggling to imagine a person who’ll decide whether they watch the game on the basis of our starting line-up.

They’ll either be watching Antiques Roadshow anyway, eating their Sunday roast, or hanging onto every word of Jamie Carragher during the post match reaction of Luton v Liverpool on Sky Sports.

No one has this on their calendar because they’ve been dying to see Lloyd Jones and George Dobson playing against a side two tiers lower than Welling United.
    As Michael Buffer would say........... 'to the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world'.
  • Its also a shame that suspensions are league only now and not all domestic competitions, would have been ideal getting a silly yellow for both May and Dobbo at the end of the Wigan game to use up their suspensions on this one.
    Which is exactly why they have that rule, as they should. 
  • I'd like to see us play a mixture of first teamers, squad men and youngsters, with some of our best players on the bench in case it's going Pete Tong. Hopefully McGrandles and Edun may be able to get some minutes.Whatever team we put out, the attitude and approach to the game has to be right.

Leaving aside the meagre attendance, it's a decent payday for the club, with £50,000 TV money and £41,000 for progressing to the Second Round.
  • If we somehow made the third round I would like to get a Championship team the likes of Swansea, or Hull, or Millwall or Coventry to see what Alfie May is made of near that kind of level.
    Looking way too far ahead mind, as the Millers massive has to be faced first.