Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 23/24 Thread

Comments

• Cannon scores with a rocket shot .. Wrexham 1 v Blackburn 0 .. 18 minutes gone

• Should be 2-0. Great save.
  • 2-1 now. Dreadful from the keeper for Blackburn's second. 
  • O’Connell looking really out of his depth. 
  • finishing is (of course) the big difference
  • Newport Man U has potential to get messy. 2-0 after 13 mins and look dangerous every time they come forward 
    The pitch is too good. No leveller there. 

Plus it looks like they play Rugby on it too. 

We should sign their groundsman. 
    Rodney Parade was the ground of Newport RFC in the old days and these days Dragons  play there.
  • 2-1 now. Dreadful from the keeper for Blackburn's second. 
    and the third ??
  • the Wrexham keeper is doing a M-Brewer .. come out for the second half in a Zorro mask
  • the Wrexham keeper is doing a M-Brewer .. come out for the second half in a Zorro mask
    Playing like him too
  • O’Connell looking really out of his depth. 
    He's rarely played this season due to injuries, so is very rusty I imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wrexham concede far too many goals.
  • R0TW said:
    The FA cup is at its best when the nation wants Newport to beat Man United- Sutton to beat Coventry- Maidstone to beat Ipswich- Hereford to beat Newcastle- Cray paper mills to beat Charlton- Colchester to beat Leeds etc.

For me it's not about West Brom and Wolves Testosterone fueled fans having a punch up near women and children.

Just saying.
    If you thought it would be a good idea for you and your family  to rock up at WBA and think, I know, I will sit next to the away supporters, then you need your head examining.
    11:45 KO, perfect love, we will have time to visit IKEA on the way home.

You don't seem to realize it was the West Brom players rushing to get their children away from the trouble as Wolves fans were in the west Brom part of the ground and then West Brom fans no doubt scrabbled  over seats to get to them.
  • edited January 31
    Glad they’re going out, could you imagine the wankfest BBC or ITV would have with them in the next round.
    Like they do with Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc every single year since Logie-Baird said: "Och aye the noo - I've had an idea....".  :D  

I know who I would prefer to see, Dave.  
  • Salford?
  • Only just realised that the 5th round ties all take place in midweek this season. I could understand it in a covid-hit season or because of shortened schedule due to a winter world cup, but why this year?

Maidstone in possibly the biggest game in their history have to go to Coventry or Sheffield on a Monday night, that's a bit shit.

Then on Tuesday and Wednesday, BBC1 and ITV are going head to head showing games at the same time, although on both nights the ITV game starts 15 minutes later.
  • Gallagher currently having a great game for Chelsea. 
  • Chelsea are the opposite of Spurs. They can be rubbish, but somehow manage to progress and win in cup competitions.
  • Villa have been awful tonight.
  • Great free kick from Enzo. The perfect placement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Baffled how there is only 4 minutes of added time. 
  • edited February 8
    The last 16…

• Updated 5th round draw.

Blackburn v Newcastle
    Chelsea v Leeds (bet the police are happy).
    Bournemouth v Leicester
    Liverpool v Southampton
    Nottm Forest v Man Utd
    Wolves v Brighton
    Coventry v Maidstone
    Luton v Man City

Fair play to Maidstone, the only side outside the top 2 divisions left.
  • Of all the teams for Maidstone to draw...

Out of that list, only Blackburn would be worse.
  • They'll get Blackburn away in the next round.
  • edited February 8
    :Leeds now play at Chelsea, a repeat of my favourite ever Cup Final saga, 1970, Chelsea winning a replay at Old Trafford, first final replay since 1912 .. great blood, thunder and blunder .. David Webb scored the goal of his life

In terms of the money they can earn i think Luton and Bournemouth would've been far worse as they have tiny capacities and Maidstone would've got less than 2k tickets. At Coventry they'll probably get 4500.

In terms of the money they can earn i think Luton and Bournemouth would've been far worse as they have tiny capacities and Maidstone would've got less than 2k tickets. At Coventry they'll probably get 4500.
    At least they are PL clubs though. Luton will be easy to get to also.
  • edited February 26
    Did Kasey Palmer and Sam Bone ever play in the same Charlton Youth team? - Just wondering seeing they're up against each other in the FA Cup tonight 
  • Surprised how many of Coventry squad are originally from closer to us than the north.

Palmer the obvious one, but BBC also mentioned Godden (Kent), Binks (Gillingham), Sheaf (Eynsford).