Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Why did they give this clown the January window and let him bring in his own players

Why did they give him the job in the first place, they must have been the ONLY ones who thought he was capable

These guys are clueless
    I'd imagine that Apples had little to no say in who they brought in. That seems to be the way these days with head coaches and DOF. He just gets given the tools and told to get on with it. All the gear, no idea as far as apple sauce is concerned.
    Hard to believe that Fiorini is anyone but Appleton's player
    Not so sure. We’ve obviously got lines of communication with Man City because of Tedic. 
    And Appleton has had him on loan twice before. Seems like a big coincidence if he's Scott's player.

Appleton said he wanted a different profile of midfielder this Jan window and got it in Coventry and Bakinson. I think the idea he hasn't had an input is practically a conspiracy theory. 
    Appleton will have had impact, but he's just one voice. No way would we have spent money on a signing like Coventry unless Scott and others agreed, it's not like the old days where the manager had more or less total freedom to sign players.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sunderland desperately want Michael Beale out. I'll take him!
    Seems to have failed a lot of late...
    Should have stayed at QPR where he was doing well, instead of giving it the big ‘integrity’ interview before jumping to rangers a couple of weeks later. 

I am sure it’s only a little thing, but no doubt players will hang onto his words less when he wants to give speeches about building something and team togetherness etc. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Let’s see what the SMT have to say about these going ons .

• Options
    edited January 22
    Is Mark Warburton worth a look or out of the question? No one seems to mention him anymore. Did his stock plummet or does he not want to manage?
  • Options
    won't be sad to see the back of him, but his replacement will be our 19th manager in the 18 years since Curbs left; 14th in the 10 years since Powell left; and 6th in the 3 years since Bows (not including caretakers!).

Wonder if it's worth installing a revolving door on the manager's office at this point?
  • Options
    I think it is ridiculous for us to say Appleton didn't/doesn't care. How do we know something like that? People have their ways and unless we are close to him and see him working we can comment on results and performances but not something like that.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Chunes said:
    redbuttle said:
    Chunes said:
    Why did they give this clown the January window and let him bring in his own players

Why did they give him the job in the first place, they must have been the ONLY ones who thought he was capable

These guys are clueless
    They were Scotts players
    Some of whom happened to have played for Appleton before...

Bearing in mind the number of clubs he has managed its bound to happen

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't have any inside sources but thought this was worth a share,

I went for my morning trip to Aldi and went to pick a bunch of red apples. At the top of the pile was one lone rotter. Before I got a chance to pick it off the pile and throw it away, a store assistant with the name badge 'A.Scott' intervened, grabbed the rotter and said 'don't worry fella, the reds deserve better than that'. He then booted the bad apple down the fruit and veg aisle, turned and gave me a wink before he got back to his shop floor duties. 

Make of that what you will 

Thanks for sharing that true story 🤥

After much thought🤔 I believe you should've gone to Sainsbury's 🍎
    Haha, as if you think I can afford Sainsbury premium grade apples. I wish. 
  • Options
    Carrier Pigeon just flew through my window, dropped off a letter from Andy Scott confirming that Appleton has been sacked and Jason Pearce took training 
  • Options
    Just had a letter from pigeon carrier telling me that he’s gone
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Just had a letter from pigeon carrier telling me that he’s gone
    It must be true then! 

• Options
    I think it is ridiculous for us to say Appleton didn't/doesn't care. How do we know something like that? People have their ways and unless we are close to him and see him working we can comment on results and performances but not something like that.
    He's certainly not done anything or shown any signs to make me believe that he cares. From what I can see on the pitch, there's little evidence that the players believe he cares, or conveys it to them if he does.

Maybe he does care and doesn't show it. Maybe he doesn't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock. Either way he's shit.
  • Options
    won't be sad to see the back of him, but his replacement will be our 19th manager in the 18 years since Curbs left; 14th in the 10 years since Powell left; and 6th in the 3 years since Bows (not including caretakers!).

Wonder if it's worth installing a revolving door on the manager's office at this point?
    Appreciate these are the facts and will no doubt create the usual external headlines within the usual media outlets we’ll be classed as clowns, a circus, crisis club etc but I personally feel it’s all irrelevant if a change is needed which it is and we just need to ignore all the external noise that will come with this change as it’s the right thing to do.

Besides which teams getting through 3 managers in a season isn’t as unheard of as it may have been once before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My Way - Frank Sinatra 
  • Options
    Bit weird that he's doing the press conference after being sacked...
    😆😆😆
  • Options
    Wtf 🤣
  • Options
    What a joke!
  • Options
    I didn't think he was suitable when he was announced a few weeks back. If I knew it, it must have been obvious to everyone else. 
    Apples is up there with a long list of managers who shouldn't have been employed by Charlton. This season has got to the worst I've seen and I've seen a lot of shit over the last 50 years.