Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    If he's gone, that Burton game is going to haunt him. Why on earth did he keep his new defenders on the bench and start his leaky old ones and think anything would be different.
    I thought it was the reaction after the second goal was the killer. I felt that if we kept losing and we were really competitive in a defeat then he might be okay, but to have Ladapo on the pitch and just collapse to a 2-0 defeat was the nail in the coffin. Got to go out swinging the punches at least.
  • Seems pretty certain that he's gone, the question is why on earth haven't they announced it yet?

Maybe they're looking to announce who the new manager is at the same time. Maybe they're waiting on a signage guy to replace Michael Appleton with Duff on the managers office door.
    Hoping this is the case. Would be nice to avoid days of speculation as to who is replacing him. 
  • edited January 22
    Seems pretty certain that he's gone, the question is why on earth haven't they announced it yet?

Maybe they're looking to announce who the new manager is at the same time. Maybe they're waiting on a signage guy to replace Michael Appleton with Duff on the managers office door.
    I hope there is indeed a quick announcement and not a 3-week process followed by the announcement of another uninspiring journeyman. 
  • Seems pretty certain that he's gone, the question is why on earth haven't they announced it yet?

I would imagine it’s with lawyers and all has to be dealt with before official announcement. 

• We can't have Cooper as you can't have two really ugly managers in succession. It just isn't right!
    I make you right. Bring back Dowie.
  • His getting the sack has been on the cards for weeks. 
    Hopefully Scott has been sounding out possible new manager's. 
    Very unprofessional if he hasn't 
  • edited January 22
    His getting the sack has been on the cards for weeks. 
    Hopefully Scott has been sounding out possible new manager's. 
    Very unprofessional if he hasn't 
    The problem with that is, if you want to look professional, do you give a manager the window then sack him and bring a manager in who can rightfully claim down the line these were not his players? In one window, maybe, but two consecutive ones?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    He has gone, he was told on Saturday night, the set up for the next few games was arranged yesterday, it hasn't been announced yet, is because of legal stuff! 

I have reconfirmed 3 or 4 times with different sources, and same answer every time..

Thanks Dubai, I'm assuming Fleming and Pearce for now?
  • Any idea on Richard O’donnell?
  • Reckon Fleming and Pearcy will take charge tomorrow and maybe Saturday, glad he’s gone. Andy needs to get the next one right! 
  • edited January 22
    Kips said:
    We can't have Cooper as you can't have two really ugly managers in succession. It just isn't right!
    I make you right. Bring back Dowie.

Football isn't Rocket science !

We do need bounce back ability though which is difficult when you are in quicksand.

I alway remember one of the last training session Dowie performed as they showed it on the local news and the players were really enjoying their selves and showing some great form ?
    Playing cricket!
    The beginning of Richard Murray going from hero to Zero began with the appointment of Dowie. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    He has gone, he was told on Saturday night, the set up for the next few games was arranged yesterday, it hasn't been announced yet, is because of legal stuff! 

I have reconfirmed 3 or 4 times with different sources, and same answer every time..

Always going to be difficult to keep quiet when he doesn’t turn up to training on Monday. Imagine a statement will be forthcoming very shortly. 
  • Chunes said:
    Why did they give this clown the January window and let him bring in his own players

Why did they give him the job in the first place, they must have been the ONLY ones who thought he was capable

These guys are clueless
    Spot on. Unless Scott decided who was coming and Appleton had little, if any, say.  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 22
    Chunes said:
    Why did they give this clown the January window and let him bring in his own players

Why did they give him the job in the first place, they must have been the ONLY ones who thought he was capable

These guys are absolutely clueless
    Possibly thought the same as me, that with decent players he'd be ok. Not good, but ok.
    They could give him until the end of the season and then make a decision.
    I expected us to win on Saturday with a good performance and we were absolute rank and it was obvious that even with new recruits they weren't playing for him and as good as gave up just after HT when the 2nd goal was conceded.
    He had to go immediately, no question.
  • Glad he has gone. However having 3 managers in a season is frankly embarrassing. Huge pressure on Scott to get this next appointment right. 
    ...so far 
  • Chunes said:

These guys are clueless
    Maybe they wanted to keep him to help pursuade Coventry to come. 👍
  • Chunes said:

These guys are clueless
    They were Scotts players
  • What will this mean for the Michael Appleton stand? Will it still go ahead?
    Love it!
  • Easy job being a manager, if it doesn't work out you get a nice payoff and onto the next role. 

Appleton came across as not giving a shit. At least Holden took time to learn about the club and showed a bit of pride. Bad appointment 

It'll take all afternoon to finish the Instagram/TikTok video