Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• I'm desperately hoping for a first sighting of Chris Powell having a coffee at the Toddington Service Area to be reported!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    He has gone, he was told on Saturday night, the set up for the next few games was arranged yesterday, it hasn't been announced yet, is because of legal stuff! 

I have reconfirmed 3 or 4 times with different sources, and same answer every time..

Always going to be difficult to keep quiet when he doesn’t turn up to training on Monday. Imagine a statement will be forthcoming very shortly. 
    That coupled with the fact we have a game tomorrow. 
  • Glad he has gone. However having 3 managers in a season is frankly embarrassing. Huge pressure on Scott to get this next appointment right. 
    Well can I just say that isn’t very likely to happen.
    It will be a temporary appointment regardless.
  • edited January 22
    I don't have any inside sources but thought this was worth a share,

I went for my morning trip to Aldi and went to pick a bunch of red apples. At the top of the pile was one lone rotter. Before I got a chance to pick it off the pile and throw it away, a store assistant with the name badge 'A.Scott' intervened, grabbed the rotter and said 'don't worry fella, the reds deserve better than that'. He then booted the bad apple down the fruit and veg aisle, turned and gave me a wink before he got back to his shop floor duties. 

Make of that what you will 

Thanks for sharing that true story 🤥

After much thought🤔 I believe you should've gone to Sainsbury's 🍎
  • redbuttle said:
    Chunes said:
    Why did they give this clown the January window and let him bring in his own players

Why did they give him the job in the first place, they must have been the ONLY ones who thought he was capable

These guys are clueless
    They were Scotts players
    Some of whom happened to have played for Appleton before...
  • If this turns out to be true at least we can relax in the knowledge of that Appleton picture won’t be posted.
  • jbaker said:
    He definitely has gone. Mutual supposedly.
    Sauce?

• I don't have any inside sources but thought this was worth a share,

I went for my morning trip to Aldi and went to pick a bunch of red apples. At the top of the pile was one lone rotter. Before I got a chance to pick it off the pile and throw it away, a store assistant with the name badge 'A.Scott' intervened, grabbed the rotter and said 'don't worry fella, the reds deserve better than that'. He then booted the bad apple down the fruit and veg aisle, turned and gave me a wink before he got back to his shop floor duties. 

Make of that what you will 
    You've pulled? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Why did they give this clown the January window and let him bring in his own players

Why did they give him the job in the first place, they must have been the ONLY ones who thought he was capable

These guys are clueless
    I'd imagine that Apples had little to no say in who they brought in. That seems to be the way these days with head coaches and DOF. He just gets given the tools and told to get on with it. All the gear, no idea as far as apple sauce is concerned.
  • Steve Cooper spotted at London bridge getting into a taxi 👍😀
    Asked to go to Copers cope road, Beckenham 👎😞
  • I'm desperately hoping for a first sighting of Chris Powell having a coffee at the Toddington Service Area to be reported!
    Can't help you with that but I did see him at KFC Newport Pagnell

🤥
  • From a good source I’m told he is gone 
  • edited January 22
    Chunes said:

These guys are clueless
    I'd imagine that Apples had little to no say in who they brought in. That seems to be the way these days with head coaches and DOF. He just gets given the tools and told to get on with it. All the gear, no idea as far as apple sauce is concerned.
    Hard to believe that Fiorini is anyone but Appleton's player
  • I have actually heard Rumours myself for once

Cracking album it is.
  • thenewbie said:
    I have actually heard Rumours myself for once

Cracking album it is.
    Tell me lies
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

These guys are clueless
    Not so sure. We’ve obviously got lines of communication with Man City because of Tedic. 
  • He’s not gone.
    not itk
  • I've not heard anything.
  • edited January 22
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

These guys are clueless
    Not so sure. We’ve obviously got lines of communication with Man City because of Tedic. 
    And Appleton has had him on loan twice before. Seems like a big coincidence if he's Scott's player.

Appleton said he wanted a different profile of midfielder this Jan window and got it in Coventry and Bakinson. I think the idea he hasn't had an input is practically a conspiracy theory. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

These guys are clueless
    definitely ..... City are desperate to keep in with Charlton, because we're handy to take any of their old dross 

• Gribbo said:
    Rumour he's gone
    I never saw that coming
    Please no 
  • If so, this has to be one of the strangest appointments we've ever made and I Include the Roland years in that! 

If you cut Charlton Athletic in half it would read 'Bobbins' straight down the middle.
    Nothing changes