Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    MA has been baffling, frustrating and increasingly unsuccessful in getting any sort of tune out of his, admittedly threadbare, squad and shown no sort of passion or care.
    Putting my rosiest tinted glasses on: he had some sort of moment of clarity around 4pm on Saturday and came up with something like a Plan B for the 2nd half.  That was by degrees less unsuccessful than whatever that was that went before it.
    The three games next week will tell us for sure whether he's the no hope loser I think he is or if some sort of personal pride or enjoyment of winning will stimulate more of what his Charlton side did for 50 odd minutes on Saturday.
    My tuppenyworth is that Saturday's 2nd half was a blip, we've seen his true colours so Burton, Northampton and Blackpool are looking forward to easy points.  This'll be another season with 3 managers. 
    It brings me no pleasure at all, quite the reverse, but MA's conduct on Saturday confirms he is not just a no hope loser but a wages robbing prick to boot.
    Impassively watching that bollocks and doing nothin about anything until the 75th minute is unforgivable
    He then throw the players under the bus in a mumbled spiel critically lacking any self awareness or more probably professional pride
    IF we entertain his bullshit about 'players not playing the ball forward' for a second: why the eff wasn't he bellowing the bleeding obvious at the dullards in black? Answer: he doesn't give a shit.  Maybe there wasn't a lot of movement from the front few: so shout more of the bleeding obvious to the culprits.
    With Alfie May on the pitch none of Apple's BS holds water: Alfie is constantly on the move and constantly chivvying his colleagues
    So Ladapo, Coventry, Bakinson, whoever wasn't getting the message or seeing what was in front of them?  If that's true take the gormless twat off and give someone else a chance!  We're 2 nil down it can't get any worse FFS!! There's no fewer point for losing 3 or 4 nil.
    Michael Appleton is a cynical thieving tosser and needs gone.
    Alfie May would be a better bet
    Or Jason Pearse
    Or the farting octogenarian sat next to me on the Curbside (not tomorrow) who can't usually tell the difference between CBT and George Dobson and thinks Lloyd Jones is Ryan Inniss!

This'll be another season with 3 managers and a truly grim relegation struggle - Northampton Town roll up for a cushy cushy 3 points
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Got to say, I am rather confused.. Not just 1 person, 2 or 3 people who I get information from, have all been saying the same thing..

Maybe a ploy to even more pressure on, I don't know. 

Be interested to hear his comments.. As I understand he didn't take training today either.
    Maybe, the detail of his departure hadn't been ironed out, so they let him do the normal press conference. 
    It's not like they have to release it.
    Would love it then if the Press Conference turned into something like with Appleton's feet up on the desk with a few tins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKAeW8MsNE
  • Options
    Perhaps we are waiting for The Traitors to leave their order of execution on his chair in the press room.
  • Options
    So now that’s all cleared up, the next big question that needs answering or itk’s is;
    If he’s not doing “football news” today, what exactly is @LouisMend up to?

I imagine he left his laundry on the line last night and has spent the whole morning retrieving all his undercrackers from his neighbours gardens and then this afternoon he’s going to fix his fence…
  • Options
    Any bets on how long before CL crashes ? 
  • Options
    Can Cawley confirm that the interviewers chair has been replaced with an electric chair 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Can Cawley confirm that the interviewers chair has been replaced with an electric chair 
    Or a whoopee cushion ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 22
    I had been told by some reputable individuals that he had gone. Maybe tomorrow is his last game? Very strange if not, was assured there hadn't been a U-turn. Let's wait and see. 
  • Options
    Didn't Holden manage his last game after he had been told he was gone?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I had been told by some reputable individuals, some close to the club, that he had gone. Maybe tomorrow is his last game? Very strange if not, was assured there hadn't been a U-turn. Let's wait and see. 
    I think whatever the outcome now, it’s very strange. There is no normal explanation for what’s happening. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I had been told by some reputable individuals that he had gone. Maybe tomorrow is his last game? Very strange if not, was assured there hadn't been a U-turn. Let's wait and see. 
    So he has been sacked but maybe he might be managing the team tomorrow?
  • Options
    Didn't Holden manage his last game after he had been told he was gone?
     Good god yes. And it was one of the worst I've ever seen. Madness if they've done it again
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    It makes no sense to let him have tomorrow, no chance we win with him in charge.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Makes sense :)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Only for old time’s sake though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread has had more fairytales than Disney.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This could turn out to be my most Lol’d post and I didn’t even bring it to the forum.  :lol:
  • Options
    He will be in charge tomorrow
    I did say.. he took training this AM as normal
  • Options
    What happens if we actually win tomorrow?
  • Options

b*****d, i've just google him and took a screen shot!!!!  But have a lol anyway
  • Options
    We are such a weird football club! So so weird! I am sure we are unlike any other club in the world! 
  • Options
    This is very funny. Who’s been telling everyone that he’s gone?
    This is an absolute shambles.

Would never have happened under Keohane's watch..........
  • Options
    Maybe he is going to say yes I am off but I've agreed to take the game tomorrow to help them out !!  :disappointed: (I jest it wouldn't happen)

Who knows - is all this to see who leaks stories maybe ??

Whereas in reality isn't it just a case of his results means he must go regardless of anything else and therefore the speculation and stories is only normal