Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    🤡 show 
  • Options
    Ha, so he hasn’t been sacked, he did his press conference and he did take training this morning!
  • Options
    Oh what it is to be wanted eh Apples...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Ha, so he hasn’t been sacked, he did his press conference and he did take training this morning!
    Confusing how so many people were so certain that he had been sacked, and didn't take training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    The clearest, most obvious and most likely explanation to all of this is that he's not been sacked. 

And the reason yesterday they denied he'd been sacked is because he's not been sacked. 
    If you were to give a percentage of how certain you are by this statement, what would you give?
  • Options
    I don’t blame him for not walking, who would walk away from probably a six month pay off?
    Its up to the board to act competently and see that he’s run his course.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    So he's not been sacked and from those quotes he won't ever leave of his own accord. Smells of compensation hunting.

Wouldn’t you hold out for the payoff?
    Absolutely I would.
  • Options
    Micky Apples Red and white army
  • Options
    Can't bring himself to say anything about the great football club and what an honour it is to be here.
    Just mentions the opportunity. It's just a job to him. He's such a cold character.
  • Options
    So the SMT have bottled it then.

• Options
    Well it looks like he was there and that he knows he has to start winning, probably from tomorrow to stay in a job. That is how I read what he has said. I would say to fans, if he is not good enough to fix this he won't but we shouldn't be creating an atmosphere that works against us winning games. We shouldn't be making up stuff about him outside of criticising the decisions and the tactics we can see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s actually not a bad interview to be fair. He’s dealt with a lot of stuff head on and I admire him for that.  Still think he’s hopeless and I’d like him gone but fair play to him for taking it on the chin. All those who say he should be falling on his sword give your heads a wobble. Not his fault the board saw fit to make the wrong appointment so he’ll be playing it straight until his compo is agreed. A bad day for the ITKs methinks. 
    Yeah you have to commend him for coming out swinging really. If he can put that passion into his training sessions and we get results then great
  • Options
    Bit weird that he's doing the press conference after being sacked...
    ffs :-( 
    Points to one thing & one thing only.

New manager , Louis Mendez B)
    I suppose I could suffer him after all Sir Chris had an association with Palace 😉
  • Options
    Problem is the club surely cant afford another big payout first Holden then Charlie Kirk, surely we are in danger of breaking sort of financial ruling if another large chunk comes out?

It probably dosent help that it’s clear to all existing players that they are in the process of being replaced. 
  • Options
    More chance of Harry Potter
  • Options

I would like Graham Potter as a new manager.

Recently sacked by Chelsea , and Ex Brighton Manager.

Appleton would want his contract paid up if he was fired, so I believe he will hang on for now.

All will depend on, if we drift closer to the relegation zone.
    More chance of Harry Potter.