Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    I'll be having some pretty stern words with my Shrewsbury supporting mate...🙄
  • Options
    Well done Andy Scott putting us in this mess in the first place. Some of the anger should be at the board tmrw. Bottling sacking the manager. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour Harry Potter incoming
    Would be 100% better than the current incumbent.
  • Options
    So the SMT have bottled it then.

Possibly. 
    Or perhaps the Americans have told Scott they aren't prepared to pay off another manager and we are stuck with him.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour Harry Potter incoming
    As long as he brings his brother Graham with him...
  • Options
    If deep down Appleton is saying judge me on results, well there you have it Michael.
    Maybe he is saying 'The people who pay my wages are judging me on results, and they're quite content with them'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWADDICK said:
    I don’t blame him for not walking, who would walk away from probably a six month pay off?
    It’s up to the board to act competently and see that he’s run his course.
    What I said let the legal people sort out the money side etc but till then sit tight 
  • Options
    You can say one thing about Michael Appleton are manager he stands his ground and isn’t afraid to do it. 

Wonder how many of our supporters would walk down the touch line tomorrow.

• Options
    Tomorrow is about supporting the team and supporting the new owners who deserve a good support after the window so far .. what happens to the manager happens .. I hope we get a good win tomorrow that’s what it’s about .. 
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    How many clubs in the 92 have a manager offering out their own fans 😂

Presumably, he'd kick the person in the shins. Punching someone would mean having to take his hands out of his pockets.
    Can't rule out a headbutt
  • Options
    Get the feeling he knows he’ll be off next few days. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Get the feeling he knows he’ll be off next few days. 
    Agree, the way he came across says a win is the only thing to prevent the gallows. He's lucky to have had all this time when others have had much less and gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just catching up...

How the hell is Harry Potter supposed to do any better when we're under a transfer embargo?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Got to say, I am rather confused.. Not just 1 person, 2 or 3 people who I get information from, have all been saying the same thing..

Maybe a ploy to even more pressure on, I don't know. 

Be interested to hear his comments.. As I understand he didn't take training today either.
    He was asked if he took training this morning, to which he replied 'I did'. He hasn't been sacked thus far then Dubai, perhaps you better go back to your sources and ask why. Or can I take it the 'in the knows' don't know, shock horror ! 
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Seen a lot of posts blaming the club for the way it’s handled today … Fact is the club done nothing wrong today it’s been business as usual .. it’s social media that’s caused the problem … 
    I am loath to agree but that is true. The club have not announced he has been sacked at any point. We have been the ones speculating on it.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Seen a lot of posts blaming the club for the way it’s handled today … Fact is the club done nothing wrong today it’s been business as usual .. it’s social media that’s caused the problem … 
    They made you look more stupid than normal by saying that he'd gone.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    How many clubs in the 92 have a manager offering out their own fans 😂

Macro’s car park after the game.

We can form an orderly queue and all tell him face to face why we think that he is a C**T
  • Options
    I think it is clear from Appleton's comments that he knows he has to start winning. My advice to him would be to replace T Watson with Asiimwe. Then decide who is going to play alongside Gillsesphey and Thomas in the three.
  • Options
    He wants to come down The Oak and say that

And buy a round while he's at it