Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 22
  • Options
    So Appleton is saying he definitely took training this morning, others are suggesting (still) that he definitely didn’t. 

I think the club is in a tricky spot with some of his comments, he’s really not helped himself, and now the fans have turned I don’t see what benefit there is in giving him one more game. 
    Others also said he'd been sacked though! It seems they were mistaken. Might he have been there, but wearing dark glasses 😎
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    So Appleton is saying he definitely took training this morning, others are suggesting (still) that he definitely didn’t. 

I think the club is in a tricky spot with some of his comments, he’s really not helped himself, and now the fans have turned I don’t see what benefit there is in giving him one more game. 
    What were the comments L0rd ? People on here said he didn't take training, he said he did, I can't comment, I wasn't there. What else have I missed something ?
    Seen it both on Twitter and other places that “he definitely didn’t he take training”

Just seems odd, that so many were convinced that he didn’t. Not digging anyone out btw, sources are wrong sometimes. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But, how a club director can read Appleton’s comments and think “everything is okay” seems very odd. Tomorrow night will be even more toxic now because of some of his comments. 
  • Options
    edited January 22
    CafcWest said:
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour Harry Potter incoming
    As long as he brings his brother Graham with him...
    Graham Potter and the Rumour. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Has anyone seen any personal abuse aimed at MA online? (Beyond the usual football stuff of "He's a twat" etc.)
    I only see here and have a look on Twitter occasionally, but I’ve not seen or heard anything particularly OTT for someone experienced in the game to be so reactive about 
    I’m soft, but couldn’t help feeling a bit sorry for him. Presser was a tough watch. 
    Where does he go from here? Well, L2 I suspect, if he’s lucky. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Has anyone seen any personal abuse aimed at MA online? (Beyond the usual football stuff of "He's a twat" etc.)
    I only see here and have a look on Twitter occasionally, but I’ve not seen or heard anything particularly OTT for someone experienced in the game to be so reactive about 
    That's what I was thinking. I look on Twitter pretty regularly and haven't seen anything that crosses the line. 
  • Options
    Not an Appleton fan at all, but don't really see much wrong in the 'calling out fans for a fight' quote.

He's getting dogs abuse online and saying 'they wouldn't say it to my face' is both fair enough and true!

I'm going to wait for him before the game tomorrow and have a chat.
    Fraeye still has nightmares about that chat 
  • Options
    Not an Appleton fan at all, but don't really see much wrong in the 'calling out fans for a fight' quote.

He's getting dogs abuse online and saying 'they wouldn't say it to my face' is both fair enough and true!

I’ll hold your coat mate but mouth to mouth resuscitation is completely out of the question 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a strange day.  I don't see the point in giving him 1 more game.  Looks like he's lost the dressing room & he never had the fans on side either.

Was a strange appointment & it's even more strange to be dragging this out & prolonging the inevitable

What evidence is there that he has lost the dressing room? I hate these throwaway comments, the sort of comments that lead to ' no smoke without fire' scenario. Why would so many players who have played with Appleton have joined us. Do I think he will go-yes, do I want him to be our long term manager-no, but making stuff up is unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Until something is legally binding, it is just an intention or a current process. 
    Nothing is ever straight forward when lawyers are involved!
  • Options
    I suggest Apples scrapping with the fans will be infinately more entertaining than the actual match.  Will CL start a "FIGHT FIGHT" thread?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I’ll hold your coat mate but mouth to mouth resuscitation is completely out of the question 😉.
    "Oh what's one little kiss"...🙄
  • Options
    Someone posted earlier that they reckon the money men said no as they don't want to pay the wages of three managers at one time.  I reckon this could have substance.

relationships must be at an all time low of we've sacked him and then reinstated him at the request/directions of the money men!

I don't know what's worse, sacking him and then telling him it's a misunderstanding or being sacked and going back to work the next day!!!

another day, another Charlton soap opera
    I just can’t see how they wouldn’t have have got sign off from US based members of the consortium first before sacking him. 

• Options
    Someone posted earlier that they reckon the money men said no as they don't want to pay the wages of three managers at one time.  I reckon this could have substance.

relationships must be at an all time low of we've sacked him and then reinstated him at the request/directions of the money men!

I don't know what's worse, sacking him and then telling him it's a misunderstanding or being sacked and going back to work the next day!!!

another day, another Charlton soap opera
    Americans generally tend to give their head coaches time. That’s easier to do with no relegations, steady TV income and a salary cap. Not so easy in ‘soccer’.

Maybe they should stop letting Scott and Methven appoint their mates. 
  • Options
    Never has it been more certain that Charlton are going to win tomorrow. 

An easy win or a bad defeat, something strange is bound to happen.
  • Options
    I suppose it’s plausible he is effectively sacked but Scott hasn’t told him - yet. 

By that I mean the decision is made but due to Scott’s  inability to plan ahead we don’t have anyone lined up and they think leave him there for now rather than disrupt any preparation for Tuesday. 

I live in hope. 

Winning Tuesday doesn’t mean he should stay.  He’s had long enough.