Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    very telling that Louis chose to mention the quote “embargo” ……… it all sounds a little chaotic at best and a complete shambles of how his removal is being handled…… there must be zero chance he can carry on after the past 48 hour sh!t show
  • Options
    very telling that Louis chose to mention the quote “embargo” ……… it all sounds a little chaotic at best and a complete shambles of how his removal is being handled…… there must be zero chance he can carry on after the past 48 hour sh!t show
    I think he was just pre-empting everyone saying "well he did the presser but we haven't read anything so he must have been sacked"
  • Options
    Embargo !!

Who else cares about Charlton any more?
  • Options
    Never usually mentions the fact there’s an embargo
  • Options
    It's fairly common for pressers to be embargoed so wouldn't read anything into that in itself. If he took training this morning and then did the presser it's fairly nailed on he'll in in charge tomorrow. Unless the club heirarchy has completely lost the plot.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Never usually mentions the fact there’s an embargo
    Because nobody usually cares enough about Charlton pre match press conferences to want instant quotes as they happen - RC probably just setting expectations ie no he will not be live tweeting it.
  • Options
    This is utterly bizarre
  • Options
    Cawley literally said that Michael Appleton has started his pre-match press conferences…so I wouldn’t read too much into the “embargo” comment
  • Options
    It must be a new thing now that you get the sack but you must manage one more game before you are allowed to clear your office.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm just baffled at this point. 
  • Options
    could it be that we have sacked him but because we're such a basket case of a club that nobody actually told Appleton he was sacked?
  • Options
    Maybe the Americans are losing confidence in Scott and co? If Appleton goes they all go..
  • Options
    We must have sacked him, my Shrewsbury mate has seen him taking their training this morning...relax everybody...🙄
  • Options
    It must be a new thing now that you get the sack but you must manage one more game before you are allowed to clear your office.
    Makes sense, affords the outgoing manager the honour of a victory lap after their final match.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    could it be that we have sacked him but because we're such a basket case of a club that nobody actually told Appleton he was sacked?
    He'll be leaving in the laundry basket if we lose tomorrow!
  • Options
    If he is in charge tomorrow all hell we be unleashed on him, of this is have no doubt.
  • Options
    There's been several comments that he wasn't taking training but no idea if those posters are ITK...possibly making this more bizarre
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    He'll be leaving in the laundry basket when we lose tomorrow!
    Sorted that one for ya mate..🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps we are waiting for The Traitors to leave their order of execution on his chair in the press room.
    Appleton takes his hand out of his pocket, revealing a protective shield...
    Post of the day. 👏
  • Options
    I mean either way it just makes the senior leadership team at the club look like they don't have a clue what they're doing. 

The 'leaks' have to be coming from somewhere so either they've decided and told others without telling Appleton yet, or asked him to do one final press conference on the way out. 
  • Options
    If he is in charge tomorrow all hell we be unleashed on him, of this is have no doubt.
    No one is going to voluntarily walk out of a job though. Not his fault if those in charge have decided to keep him. 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    There's been several comments that he wasn't taking training but no idea if those posters are ITK...possibly making this more bizarre
    Maybe both things are true…

He’s not been sacked.

But, He also didn’t take training…I guess he won’t take all the session hence why he has assistants.

It does seem odd, as a number have heard that he’s gone. Either way, lose tomorrow and he’ll be gone I’d imagine. 
  • Options
    No one is going to voluntarily walk out of a job though. Not his fault if those in charge have decided to keep him. 
    You might have a point there, the board have sent him out in a masochistic manor to watch the slaughter...then give him the thumbs down...
  • Options
    Ironic that for the past few days we've all been flitting between the 'Michael Appleton - New Charlton manager' and Michael Appleton Sacked' threads!
    🤣

• Options
    edited January 22
    Maybe the Americans are losing confidence in Scott and co? If Appleton goes they all go..
    Hope so.That would stop Paul Elliott doing the press conference 

• Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't taken training but that doesn't mean he's sacked. He's said himself he's an attacking coach and our biggest issue is the defence so maybe Fleming was doing a defensive session before MA led an analysis meeting or something. I'd imagine there's nuggets of truth in the rumours and the training thing could be one of them