Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Phillips seems a very random one.

His last (and only) managerial role was in the Northern premier league!
    Another one with Sunderland connections...

Lump £100 on Niall Quinn and watch his odds drop too
  • Club legend...how about Scott Parker ;)
  • I Know little about Lee Johnson except that he was at Sunderland with CM, can some of you please explain why you are so anti him.
    I am not saying that I'm pro LJ I just know bog all about him
    Slagged us off (club and fans ) after Jacko turned them over at SOL, 0-1.
    Would happily forgive him for that if he did the business for us. 
  • We need someone who understands data.

Surely they have hair straighteners in Belgium?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Darren Moore or Mark Bonner for me
    I think Moore would be expensive, and I’m not sure we have the big, physical, players that Moore succeeded with last season. He or Bonner would certainly be a sign of intent though.
  • 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Of course he has. Why would he want to join the circus. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank god for that... Really wouldnt want Ferguson here - If he was any good, he wouldnt have spent most of his career at this level.
    I just want someone to get us out of league one though
  • edited August 2023
    Thank god for that... Really wouldnt want Ferguson here - If he was any good, he wouldnt have spent most of his career at this level.
    How do you prepare for survival / build a Championship team, if your Manager has a shite track record at that level. 

You either have to hope they buck the trend, or get rid...

How do you build on that promotion having to replace the Manager too? 

I'd prefer a Manager who can get us promoted from both League One and the Championship in the future - Mark Robins for example almost achieved that feat with Coventry a few months ago. 
  • edited August 2023
    Experienced and successful at this level

we are fishing in the right pond it appears 🙏🏻

dont get how its embarrassing to be turned down by him
     he clearly loves peterborough and is comfortable there so prefers the safety of his job without jumping ship

onto the next🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Experienced and successful at this level

we are fishing in the right pond it appears 🙏🏻

dont get how its embarrasing to be turned down by him
     he clearly loves peterborough and is comfortable there so prefers the safety of his job without jumping ship

onto the next🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Sorry had to lol! the bit about him being comfortable as it genuinely made me smile - Given the amount of times he has been sacked there, I hope he isnt too settled unless he has a second home ;) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Ferguson?! Oh good, a new low 
    If I could like this post multiple times I would. 
  • edited August 2023
    Bilko said:
    We could have done without that being broadcast. Everyone else will feel like 2nd best.
    Being rejected out of hand is consistent with us having a bad reputation as a basket case of a Club that offers no incoming manager support or stability.
  • Shows the complete lack of planning.

We are an absolute joke and shambles of a club.
  • Would have preferred Alex Ferguson..
  • Thank god for that... Really wouldnt want Ferguson here - If he was any good, he wouldnt have spent most of his career at this level.
    How do you prepare for survival / build a Championship team, if your Manager has a shite track record at that level. 

I'd prefer a Manager who can get us promoted from both League One and the Championship in the future - Mark Robins for example almost achieved that feat with Coventry a few months ago. 
    Thats a bit unfair isn't it? He has only managed Peterborough in the championship, it would be difficult for any manager to have kept them up given their budget.
  • edited August 2023
    Thank god for that... Really wouldnt want Ferguson here - If he was any good, he wouldnt have spent most of his career at this level.

Thats a bit unfair isn't it? He has only managed Peterborough in the championship, it would be difficult for any manager to have kept them up given their budget.
    He's won promotion from League One three times, looks like he actually kept Posh up at the second attempt, but was sacked each year they ended up relegated.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!