Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Let's be fair, if whoever gets the job isn't backed by the 'owners' then we might as well appoint Postman Pat. We just lurch from one crisis to another with no hope in sight.
  • Leuth said:
    TeeC said:
    I want to see what their ambitions really are and who they can convince to come in. I wouldn’t go for Pearce yet and he gets a couple of wins and they go with him that’s an easy out for them. 
    It is notable that the sacking has come before possibly the most winnable fixture in League One history

How winnable is it on a scale of Newport to Port Vale, Newport being very easy and Port Vale Easy?
  • I am just hoping for a pragmatic style of manager, so bored of us being complete push overs in defence under multiple managers. 
  • Alou Diarra has unfinished business with us and currently manages Ligue 2 team Troyes’ U19s side. Bring him home.
  • Perhaps Holdens appointment was a job for the boys, sign a 3 year contract, when CM 's mob takes over we will a sack you after a few games, you take your money and run. If they had taken over in January he would have been sacked by the end of the season.    
  • Steve Cotterill would be my choice from that list . 
    Organisational skills are great and he’d take no shit players who aren’t up for it . 
    I'm sure his name has been coming up on the bookies shortlist ever since Iain Dowie. The managerial equivalent of Darren Purse or Hayden Mullins.

It feels like the club is only successful when people with strong Charlton connections are in charge. I'd have Lee Bowyer or Chris Powell back especially if either of them can potentially be backed.

Ahem Pardew...
  • edited August 2023
  • I wondered if we’d go a bit left field, from the usual suspects, maybe try and get an upcoming coach from the French, German or Spanish league.
    Or Belgium maybe🤣

Someone that understands English football and the English game.
  • Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    TeeC said:
    I want to see what their ambitions really are and who they can convince to come in. I wouldn’t go for Pearce yet and he gets a couple of wins and they go with him that’s an easy out for them. 
    It is notable that the sacking has come before possibly the most winnable fixture in League One history
    Look, I know we're bad but I do think we might have a chance against Fleetwood. 

He is talking about Fleetwood and the most winnable fixture is Charlton.😂😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

• I Know little about Lee Johnson except that he was at Sunderland with CM, can some of you please explain why you are so anti him.
    I am not saying that I'm pro LJ I just know bog all about him
  • Sponsored links:

• Darren Ferguson .. NO NO NO Chance

• The next appointment will answer a lot of questions about the set up of this new organisation. “Proof will be in actions, not words”

Darren Moore would be that statement of intent many are looking for. 
  • Solidgone said:
    I don’t mind Pearcy getting the temporary job as he will be defence minded as that’s where our main problem lies. As Curbs says (or Sir Bobby Robson), stick 11 behind the ball for a 0-0 result and build from there. I hope Pearcy gives his ear to Curbs and Browny.
    Shit. I've already bought my ticket for Fleetwood. Have I now got to sit through 100 mins of boring negative football to see us scrape a 0-0 draw. Wonderful.
  • Mason Greenwood or Luis Rubiales?

anyone…?

anyone…?
  • Fumbluff said:
    Mason Greenwood or Luis Rubiales?

anyone…?

anyone…?

Can you imagine ?
  • I Know little about Lee Johnson except that he was at Sunderland with CM, can some of you please explain why you are so anti him.
    I am not saying that I'm pro LJ I just know bog all about him
    Slagged us off (club and fans ) after Jacko turned them over at SOL, 0-1.
  • Gribbo said:
    I've got a feeling they know who they want & it wont be anyone on any bookies list. 

Its a stich up. 
    Thought Holden was their man initially? Him being one of "the four" alongside Scott, Rodwell and the finance bloke.
    The original "Gang of 4" broke up rather quickly as well iirc by merging with the Liberals. 
  • Darren Ferguson .. NO NO NO Chance

We'll have to moved 100 miles north & rename ourselves Peterborough. 
  • Leuth said:
    TeeC said:

How winnable is it on a scale of Newport to Port Vale, Newport being very easy and Port Vale Easy?
    Fleetwood are a National League North club at best whose entire reason for being this high up the pyramid has just been removed from beneath them. They really shouldn't win a game all season, and the question is more whether they're going to have two or three successive relegations than one or two. This is a completely unique scenario and if we don't trounce them something's desperately wrong (beyond what we already know)
  • Sponsored links:

• We have American backers so surely Ted Lasso ...
  • no idea who I want/who we will get. I do find the fact that we tend to only get success from managers already associated with the club absolutely mad though. Can’t think of another club like it 
  • Kap10 said:
    Jason Pearce with a senior mentor with some nous,  Lennie Lawrence!
    Curbs could mentor him?

Not Lee Johnson - but the timing, immediately after his sacking at Hibs is v concerning
  • Heard from an Oxford fan that Charlie is a fan of Appleton. He’s currently 4th favourite with the bookies.
  • It’s not that they sacked Holden that worries me, it’s that they thought he was good enough in the first place and what that says about their judgement in choosing the next one.
  • I think the owners could go one of two ways. Hedge their bets and be actively looking whilst seeing how it goes with Pearce and Hayes (the cheaper option), or go for one of the available managers more or less straight away (the not so cheaper option). Both have their risks but I would say the safer option would be to appoint one of the available candidates. Not sure where that would leave Jas and Hayes though. 
  • Appleton one who has shortened in price I see since BV went up, doesn't take more than a fiver to move a price on a market like this I know but interesting given the Methven link. I know its a bit of joke over the years with him but I still think would be a good appointment :)
  • edited August 2023
    Ben Olsen or Josh Wolff or Nico Estevez ? perhaps
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!