Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    All all we heard in new player interviews was the clubs “ambition ambition ambition”. Now let’s go and show some. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    It’s not that they sacked Holden that worries me, it’s that they thought he was good enough in the first place and what that says about their judgement in choosing the next one.
    I got my own ridiculous theory on that, which is Sandgaard offered Holden a 3 year contract so that the new owners firstly couldn’t sack him immediately and replace with there own manager, or would have to sack Holden and then pay him off. Why, is the difficult question to sod them about as they might have him during negotiations, he liked Holden and thought he deserved a pay off, and any other stupid idea I can come up with.

So what I’m trying to say it’s was a bit revenge by Sandgaard
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Appleton one who has shortened in price I see since BV went up, doesn't take more than a fiver to move a price on a market like this I know but interesting given the Methven link. I know its a bit of joke over the years with him but I still think would be a good appointment :)
    whats Charlie's link to Appleton??
  • Options
    No idea who it will be but I’m confident it won’t be Darren Moore. As soon as Championship clubs start panicking and pull the trigger, he’ll be well in the frame at that level. Can’t see him coming to what must look like to those within football circles as a continuing basket case club. 
  • Options
    Return of The Bo...🤔🤷‍♂️...
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Let's be fair, if whoever gets the job isn't backed by the 'owners' then we might as well appoint Postman Pat. We just lurch from one crisis to another with no hope in sight.
    At least Postman Pat might deliver 
    I asked my local Kebab shop if they deliver. 

They said no.
    Only chicken and lamb.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Im probably at the lowest ebb regarding following Charlton.....cant really identify anyone as being "Charlton" so the next manager will only be around for a maximum of 12 months if recent history dictates. Johnson for me is a definite no....he'd be the straw that broke the camels back. Robinson....why?......Moore would be a statement so that rules him out doesnt it. Scraping the barrel the rest of them. Ive switched off Charlton TV after 40 mins the last two games and Ive never done that before.....shows how disillusioned Iam about the club. Same shit, different names.
    Lowest ebb is the club getting relegated and playing that first game the next season in division 3 in front of 3k and losing, or entering bankruptcy, or moving to Milton Keynes being touted in the papers, or leaving the Valley to go and play at Selhurst. Sacking another manager that’s just lost 5 games on the bounce after not being able to work out how to stop the basic errors that’s costing us the games isn’t a lowest ebb moment.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Im probably at the lowest ebb regarding following Charlton.....cant really identify anyone as being "Charlton" so the next manager will only be around for a maximum of 12 months if recent history dictates. Johnson for me is a definite no....he'd be the straw that broke the camels back. Robinson....why?......Moore would be a statement so that rules him out doesnt it. Scraping the barrel the rest of them. Ive switched off Charlton TV after 40 mins the last two games and Ive never done that before.....shows how disillusioned Iam about the club. Same shit, different names.
    I was the same as you after Saturday’s game. Charlton TV was a shit show and you could see the frustration on Minto, Brownie & Curbs. I had hit the wall with it all. But now the plug has been pulled on Holden I’m more positive again. Otherwise I was seriously thinking of having a break from Charlton. We really did hit a new low with Holden. Onwards and upwards I say. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Appleton one who has shortened in price I see since BV went up, doesn't take more than a fiver to move a price on a market like this I know but interesting given the Methven link. I know its a bit of joke over the years with him but I still think would be a good appointment :)
    Will have been at Oxford at the same time 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    …..and how did it all turn out at Oxford?
  • Options
    Dream team of Big Mick and Robinson as his number 2.
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Let's be fair, if whoever gets the job isn't backed by the 'owners' then we might as well appoint Postman Pat. We just lurch from one crisis to another with no hope in sight.
    Think he's a front man and his black and white cat does all the work.
  • Options
    Name I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Leam Richardson…

Two years at Wigan, first year helped them stay up against the odds, second year they won the league, sacked harshly when they were struggling in the Championship.
    Good shout. I remember wanting it to be him when Holden was appointed 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Name I haven’t seen mentioned yet is Leam Richardson…

Two years at Wigan, first year helped them stay up against the odds, second year they won the league, sacked harshly when they were struggling in the Championship.
    Good shout. I remember wanting it to be him when Holden was appointed 
    He’s been out of work for longer than Moore too, might mean he’s less picky about a role to get back into the league.
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    Yeh not only that, he’s got a black and white cat 🐈‍⬛ who’s bound to be lucky …………exactly what we need!

The Covered End’s dream appointment 🎼Postman Pat, Postman Pat 🎼
  • Options
    Jason Euell ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Admin - Can we just make the new manager thread a sticky?
  • Options
    Just playing a game to pass the time:

Fuck Bowyer
    Marry Powell
    Kill Johnson
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Of those who've been mentioned, I'd personally be happy with Lee Bowyer or Darren Moore.

New thread for this, eh? Cool
  • Options
    Darren Moore or Mark Bonner for me
  • Options
    Latest

• Options
    Phillips seems a very random one.

His last (and only) managerial role was in the Northern premier league!
  • Options
    Seen on some random website J. Woodgate coaching at Middlesborough at present being mentoned.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Seen on some random website J. Woodgate coaching at Middlesborough at present being mentoned.
    I like this game. 'Who's the biggest dickhead who's played or managed in the EFL and isn't in prison?' I see you and raise you Kevin Muscat
  • Options
    Think bookies have 0 idea and 1 bet can wildly swing the odds. I know they basically hired Holden but theres no track record of hires for the bookies to go with. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a McKenna type coming in for their first managerial job 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!