Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

1108109110111112114»

Comments

• Options
    Wow. It is Appleton. What a curious choice. 

(Spare me the reasoning in reply.)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    swordfish said:
    Anyone who seriously thinks the end goal of our new owners is the wilful destruction of the Club is more deluded than they or any of our previous owners.

Incompetence, negligence, stubbornness, greed, and simple bad luck are the reasons why we are where we are. It isn't the result of some deliberate plan of destruction.

If fans believe their owners to be their enemies and only in it to see it's ruination, is it any wonder our support base is shrinking. Reputationally, we've become a hard sell to players and managers. Being fans, as ever all we can do is get behind the players, although some don't and it sounds as though others won't if xxx gets the job 🙄
    Matt Southall had an end goal of the wilful destruction of Charlton Athletic in my opinion. He was a previous owner.

So my stance is not born of delusion but bitter recent experience of Southall and others.

If the plan is not one of diminishing our lovely club then in what way is the plan to make us any better?

If Charlton are destroyed Warrick always has Peterborough, Methven always has Oxford, Rodwell and Scott can shrug and say they did their best but losing Charlton Athletic is no biggie.

For the fans we have put in time, money, effort and genuine love. We have a dog in the fight, they don’t.

On a personal level I always get behind the players, I am a long term season ticket holder, subscribe and watch all the games, watch and follow the development of players as they come through our system, I care about the players and won’t abuse them, I for one always get behind them.

What I can’t do is stay silent as this Shamocracy diminishes Charlton Athletic further.

My stance will soften if we win the next eight games in succession.
    Bloody hell @seth plum, I understand some of your opinions, BUT 8 games on the 'spin' with our squad....get real, I would say that's a virtual impossible target you've set, you need to be sensible here, as currently you have the perfect 'get out' for NOT softening your stance!
  • Options
    Welcome mr Appleton I’ll wish you a merry Christmas now because you won’t be here then.can I say I’d like is to go for Jason Euell next please. 
  • Options
    Just hope its not Appleton!
    Previous managers: Holden couldn't get  the team fit and poor team selections.
    Garner bought in a lot of Swindon rejects only keeper good enough.
    Jackson we should have kept him longer doing well at Wimbledon.
    Adkins seemed more concerned about the weather and walking and signed Charlie Kirk.
    Bowyer got us to the Championship then stitched up by previous owners, best of the previous managers!
  • Options
    Appleton has Roman Numerals on his watch.
    I believe you have to know Latin and the classics to study Theology at Oxford University.
    Methven did Theology at Oxford.
    Hmmmn.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!