Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    where are you watching these highlights please?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Mcgrandles completely takes his eye of the ball for the first  goal. Lack of concentration in that area is just terrible. Shite mistake 
  • Options
    We should be used to this.
  • Options
    We should be used to this.
    We are, but it never gets any easier.
  • Options
    I’m back home to Bristol. Team really lacked a directness in our play, always going back before going forward never opting to skip a player with a pass to put impetus into the play. 

Kirk looked very low on confidence to go past players. Payne huffed and puffed a bit to try and inject things and May was a spark when he came on.

Goals were pretty calamitous, one was a slip thought hard to see as all goals were scored at the opposite end to the away fans. 

Injuries are further bad news. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Oh dear, talk about shooting ourselves in the feet 😤 1st and 3rd goals we sloppily lose gift possession in our defensive third. In between those we have FIVE players getting drawn towards the ball and two others ball watching the scorer of the second as he shoots inside the box. Schoolboy stuff 😡
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The gauntlet has been thrown down Methane and Co.

Let's be having you!
  • Options
    Deja Vu moments courtesy of Charlton Athletic, no charge
  • Options
    Thank God all this spite and hate is from 'Supporters'. Dread to think what would be spewed on this board otherwise.
  • Options
    Struggling to care about this competition.
  • Options

Let's be having you!

Don't hold your breath
  • Options

Let's be having you!

Don't hold your breath
    Done eff all so far.
  • Options
    Just seen the high low lights. Dear oh dear, professional footballers ? Absolute shambles. 
  • Options
    Are you telling me there was no connection between the fans and the players Tom ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oh dear, talk about shooting ourselves in the feet 😤 1st and 3rd goals we sloppily lose gift possession in our defensive third. In between those we have FIVE players getting drawn towards the ball and two others ball watching the scorer of the second as he shoots inside the box. Schoolboy stuff 😡
    McGrandles caught out for both of their first goals and not sure what happened to Taylor's feet but looked like he tried to two foot the ball for the turd. 
  • Options
    Whether you think Kirk has a bit about him or not (I'm in the 'get rid' club), can we all agree he should be nowhere near consideration to play as a main forward?
    Agreed
  • Options
    Can’t defend McGrandles for the first, no idea what he’s doing letting the ball run across his body like that.

Really unfortunate to see Taylor slip like that allowing the third. Hopefully he’s got a pair of boots with longer studs in them.
  • Options
    At least we didn't get done by Wrexham. Just their equivalent. 
  • Options
    No equivalent of the Brighton penalty shoot-out at a packed out Valley or a lucrative trip to Old Trafford. I just have to hope the rest of the season delivers on the front that matters - getting out of our league.
  • Options
    Just got home, I am gonna reflect a bit more and then leave my comments on the game as I don't want to post with too much emotion behind it.

Road closures, accidents etc. Shite journey home.

I think it's safe to say though, it's two competitive fixtures in & I reckon we have already turned in our worst performance of the season. There is no way it can be any worse than tonight, it was genuinely unacceptable.
  • Options
    I would of started May. Let's be honest we are pinning so much hope on that fella carrying us through the season with his goals that if he doesn't score a couple early doors there will be mass panic and the pressure will be on. Tonight would have been a opportunity to get him off the mark and sub him after 60 minutes 

Deano knowing what this club is like knows how important momentum is and a result like this now whether he likes it or not puts pressure on the team for Saturday and the Bristol Rovers fixture. Imagine we loose both and 4 games in the "feel good factor" will definitely dissappear. You know what our fans are like! 

I haven't read any post match but I can't imagine Holden has been too harsh on the players as he's trying to build a togetherness between the club and the fans but internally you've got to be having words with the maybe men like Kirk, Payne, DJ, McGrandles telling them look at where you're at mid table league 2 that's where. 

I know we can talk about injuries and what not but in my eyes 10 changes is too many. Keep the spine of your team in there. Ash, Ness, Dobbo, May and make changes at the hour mark. At least Bow used to say he didn't care about the cup so that's why he makes so many changes but either Deano thinks some of these are better then what they are or he's just playing them because that's what you do in these cups now! Either way Peterborough is a big game and I'd be happy with a point there to be honest