Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    More gutted about Campbell picking up a potential long term injury, than the result tonight, it never rains when it pours.
    bright side, if there is one,  it might speed up the new striker coming in coz campbell was poor saturday and kirk is hopeless  
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Please tell me we’re out of the pissy pizza trophy shithouse cnut cup
    Cheer up, OoohAaargh ...... Millwall got trashed too. :smile:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Gutted for the fans that made the journey, safe journey back.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    DOUCHER said:
    More gutted about Campbell picking up a potential long term injury, than the result tonight, it never rains when it pours.
    bright side, if there is one,  it might speed up the new striker coming in coz campbell was poor saturday and kirk is hopeless  
    Yes, I think it would make a massive difference. Kanu getting another is a positive but for later, not now.
  • Options
    3 potential injuries, it seems we still have massive question marks hanging over our medical set up, our joke of injury rate has gone on for far too long now, we just fail to manage players fitness and conditioning properly. 

If the trend continues then a long turgid season could await yet again, it doesn't matter how long the transfer window is open for or how loaded we are, we can't afford nor register the amount of quality needed to keep up with the attrition rate.

Poor bastards have signed up to plsy at Se-somme
    i'm starting to think we've franchised our physio team out to the same firm who supply our bar staff 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:

Edun lwb, CBT rwb for Saturday then. 
    Asiimwe isn't injured
    He did swap to LWB for a bit Saturday too. 
  • Options
    Gutted for the fans that made the journey, safe journey back.
    At least you don't have to pay to get back into England. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:

Asiimwe isn't injured
    Um.... I don't think he did
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back at the hotel, same place as the team, I hope for them, they don’t come into the bar.
     Was it as bad as it sounded?
  • Options
    Campbell should never have been risked by Holden especially with Egbo on the bench, poor from him
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:

Asiimwe isn't injured
    Um.... I don't think he did
    He swapped wings for about 5 minutes before CBT went off. I was 2nd row from the front of the AC stand and unless CBT suddenly grew dreads I am certain it happened. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Campbell should never have been risked by Holden especially with Egbo on the bench, poor from him
    Egbo was not on the bench he was injured in the warm up 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:

Asiimwe isn't injured
    He didn't, and he doesn't need to as the main problem we have is RWB 

We'll start CBT and Asiimwe same as on Saturday, with Edun on the bench, and maybe DJ too as an emergency RWB
  • Options
    listening to it, it felt reasonably comfortable but we didn't pose enough threat in the final third. Second half they had a decent start which we seemed to weather then on 65 mins McGrandles loses it in the area.................
  • Options
    Just realised we have Kent in the 50 over cup tomorrow. The misery just goes on !
  • Options
    So much for a winning mentality.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:

Asiimwe isn't injured

We'll start CBT and Asiimwe same as on Saturday, with Edun on the bench, and maybe DJ too as an emergency RWB
    Maybe it was only for a couple of minutes. It definitely happened. As he was in front of me all first half and then about midway through second half he was back in front of me in the AC stand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    fenaddick said:

In fairness if we play the same formation as Saturday gone, with Kirk in for TC then I don't see that as too big a miss (TC did very little against Orient).
    Asiimwe RWB, Edun LWB and CBT upfront and Kirk no where near the squad. 👍

To be honest, the injuries are comfortably the worst bit of tonight. We didn’t play our first team and treated it like a pre season friendly. We lost. We move on 👍
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    fenaddick said:

In fairness if we play the same formation as Saturday gone, with Kirk in for TC then I don't see that as too big a miss (TC did very little against Orient).
    Asiimwe RWB, Edun LWB and CBT upfront and Kirk no where near the squad. 👍

To be honest, the injuries are comfortably the worst bit of tonight. We didn’t play our first team and treated it like a pre season friendly. We lost. We move on 👍
    I prefer your selections 

and I agree entirely with your sentiment on the game. Cup runs are a nicety not a necessity. 
  • Options
    Back at the hotel, same place as the team, I hope for them, they don’t limp into the bar.

• Options
    Or we could play 4-3-3 with Kanu, May and CBT

I lnow Holden wants 3-5-2 but we're struggling for players, fit, to play in those positions.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:

Asiimwe isn't injured

Maybe it was only for a couple of minutes. It definitely happened. As he was in front of me all first half and then about midway through second half he was back in front of me in the AC stand. 
    Doesn't mean he's playing there though. If we're defending a couple of corners and Leaburn is back helping, it doesn't mean he played at Centre Back for 2 minutes does it!
  • Options
    Say what you like in defence, but our team made up of mostly first teamers and first team subs got turned over by a team at the bottom of League 2. 
    We play Peterborough away Saturday with almost all of them likely to feature.
    It is not looking great.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    cafc4life said:
    Campbell leaving in a protective boot
    Seriously? That’s really shit news.
    Thin squad gets thinner