Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Southbank said:
    Say what you like in defence, but our team made up of mostly first teamers and first team subs got turned over by a team at the bottom of League 2. 
    We play Peterborough away Saturday with almost all of them likely to feature.
    It is not looking great.
    10 changes to our starting side Saturday. quite a different starting side. The concern for me is that we collapsed more when starters from Saturday came on... 

• Options
    Got to feel for all our fans that made the long trip to watch that sh#t
  • Options
    At least Kanu scored eh!
  • Options
    How many goals has Isted now conceded in a Charlton shirt, when you add on the preseason games?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    How many goals has Isted now conceded in a Charlton shirt, when you add on the preseason games?
    Pre-season doesn't count. 

He's P1, C3. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Rinse and repeat. Our squad is not deep enough in quality. Anyone can see that. If the new owners are checking on the latest results from their new investment, I hope they are enthused and don't think, "Fuck that, I'm not throwing good money after bad!" 
  • Options
    I didn't go over the top after Saturday, as we didn't create enough.

Tonight was awful. Long periods when we had total control, but did NOTHING with it. Exactly the sort of aimless possession that Holden said we wouldn't be doing. Kirk was pathetic again, without CBT we are so lacking in attacking threat.

And then in the second half, defensively we capitulated with mistake after mistake. Some shocking goals. Definite errors by McGrandles and Taylor, but I couldn't see how much the defence and keeper were culpable.
    Were you there? If so error aside how was McGrandles the rest of the game? 
  • Options
    Not many teams will go to Newport Pagnell and get a result this season 
    Newport IOW actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darenth said:
    How are we doing?
    Pretty good mate, you? 
    You dont sound very German?
    Zehr gut, Freund.  Du?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's P1, C3. 
    Not bad then.
  • Options
    Darenth said:
    How are we doing?
    Pretty good mate, you? 
    Zehr gut, Freund.  Du?
    Good luck.
  • Options
    No meltdown but shows the 'depth' we have is not good enough at all. 
    It’s highly unlikely you will need to play 10 reserves in a line up 1 or 2 max 
  • Options
    Darenth said:
    How are we doing?
    Pretty good mate, you? 
    Zehr gut, Freund.  Du?
    Sore gut, Sigmund. You ? 
  • Options
    Whether you think Kirk has a bit about him or not (I'm in the 'get rid' club), can we all agree he should be nowhere near consideration to play as a main forward?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I didn't go over the top after Saturday, as we didn't create enough.

Tonight was awful. Long periods when we had total control, but did NOTHING with it. Exactly the sort of aimless possession that Holden said we wouldn't be doing. Kirk was pathetic again, without CBT we are so lacking in attacking threat.

And then in the second half, defensively we capitulated with mistake after mistake. Some shocking goals. Definite errors by McGrandles and Taylor, but I couldn't see how much the defence and keeper were culpable.
    Were you there? If so error aside how was McGrandles the rest of the game? 
    Half arsed.
  • Options
    Whether you think Kirk has a bit about him or not (I'm in the 'get rid' club), can we all agree he should be nowhere near consideration to play as a main forward?
    He was on the left, in his preferred, ha ha, position 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's P1, C3. 
    It does show a pattern. How many goals did he concede in preseason when compared to AMB for example?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wtf!?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Rinse and repeat. Our squad is not deep enough in quality. Anyone can see that. If the new owners are checking on the latest results from their new investment, I hope they are enthused and don't think, "Fuck that, I'm not throwing good money after bad!" 
    I bet you're glad we're being linked with a no-mark from the Jamaican League. These new owners still have a lot to prove imo. 
  • Options
    Darenth said:
    How are we doing?
    Pretty good mate, you? 
    Zehr gut, Freund.  Du?
    Whatever you do, don’t mention Herr Schneider. 
  • Options
    Lightweight squad.

New owners need to support Dean with some new signings or loanees.

Otherwise we may struggle after a few more injuries. 

We were OK on Saturday, but its easy to see that the squad lacks depth and some experience in key areas.

Not bothered about this cup and given how weak our squad, its better we are out of it!

• Options
    Here’s Hoping we’re this will push the players on to go on a. 20 match unbeaten run.
  • Options
    Highlights are up. Awful goals to concede. No physical or mental strength shown!
  • Options
    Dear oh Lord, those goals .....
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights, woeful from McGrandles for the first Newport goal