Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Struggling to care about this competition.
    Hmmm.

9000 didnt think so in January when they trekked up to Manchester on a wet Tuesday evening. 
    Yet another stupid comment. Maybe consider the context?
    Or not. Just keep trolling.
  • Options
    Major said:
    Struggling to care about this competition.
    Hmmm.

9000 didnt think so in January when they trekked up to Manchester on a wet Tuesday evening. 
    Yet another stupid comment. Maybe consider the context?
    Or not. Just keep trolling.
    So what please is this context I’m meant to be considering? And I made the same point about the Man Utd game a few pages back. Am I stupid as well then?
  • Options
    If we bring in the equivalent of Bielik and Cullen I’ll eat my chocolate socks .
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:not sure what happened to Taylor's feet but looked like he tried to two foot the ball for the turd. 
    Are you telling me he tried to pass to Kirk 
  • Options
    Why are you all awake at silly o'clock? 
    I'm sure some of you need beauty sleep. 

I don't of course.
  • Options
    💩💩💩
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    cafc4life said:
    Last London club in the cup last year, first London club out the cup this year 
    Millwall lost too
    We went out first. Our game kicked off at 7.30pm 😄

Yes I am sorry . I didn't realise Millwall game was still being played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Methwen warned his fellow shareholders that this wouldn't be a linear project of improvement.

So far ...

• Options
    clive said:
    Just to easy to play against,thanks for posting Clive, I think I’d be fuming if I was there.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    I really don't understand why we try to hold onto it/play it round the back like that. We aren't good enough to do that. 

Put your fucking foot through it. 
    To who? Charlie Kirk was upfront.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    clive said:

Got to question Hector on those second and third goals as well.
  • Options
    We appear, so far, to not be able to find patterns iof play to break down teams that sit back against us.

That will be an issues for probably 30 games this year.

We'd better find ways and quickly!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    New ground ticked off watching Charlton at. An ok first half but awful second half

Went 4-5-1 after Chin went off and had our best spell of the game between then and halftime

• Options
    Just watched the highlights(didnt take long)My fears about Hector as a defender were confirmed.
    1)Goal 1 yes Mcgrandles should have done better,but Hector should have put that out and not give it to a player under pressure near our goal line.
    2)goal 2 The header by Ness was poor(Innis would have put that near the half way line)but Hector was nowhere near his man when the ball came in.
    3)Another pass by Hector to a man under pressure near his own penalty area,ball lost comes back,tap in.
    Yes I know we were lacking up front,but this poncing about is going to cost us dearly.If we dont liven up on saturday,I can see our goal difference taking a hammering.
  • Options
    Three avoidable, piss-poor goals given away there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taylor talking about scoring a hattrick against Mansfield seen by only 1200 fans. Moaning that early rounds aren't really thought of much.

Saying of course managers will prioritise the league. Promotion to Championship is worth £7.5m and to Premier League £200m. 
    Son says he answers why he didnt play once games restarted after Lockdown. 

Easy to answer......

" I'm a big c**t & didnt want to honour my contract with my employer as I feared getting injured......although I got injured 6 months previously playing for my country & my employer stood by me then...."

Love to ask him how his big money move planned out. "Tell me Lyle, just how many mins of Premier League action did you actually get to play ??"

How many weeks of your life have you cleared 20k? 
    Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

Club should have sued him. 
    Would have been a waste of time and money
  • Options
    All 3 goals went under Isted ffs. He's not a tall lad so thought that might be a strong area of his game. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taylor talking about scoring a hattrick against Mansfield seen by only 1200 fans. Moaning that early rounds aren't really thought of much.

Saying of course managers will prioritise the league. Promotion to Championship is worth £7.5m and to Premier League £200m. 

Easy to answer......

" I'm a big c**t & didnt want to honour my contract with my employer as I feared getting injured......although I got injured 6 months previously playing for my country & my employer stood by me then...."

Love to ask him how his big money move planned out. "Tell me Lyle, just how many mins of Premier League action did you actually get to play ??"

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

I hate Taylor as much as the next guy but calm down, Golfie. 

You know full well he didn’t break his contract. 
    But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He refused to play from June 20th (announced on June 1st), and was contracted to play until June 30th?
    He didn't technically refuse to play.  He told Bowyer he wouldn't give 100%, or words to that effect, so Bowyer couldn't pick him.

Morally he broke his contract but not technically.
    From our point of view even 10% of LT effort was better than what we had to put on the pitch
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Easy to answer......

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

I hate Taylor as much as the next guy but calm down, Golfie. 

You know full well he didn’t break his contract. 
    But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He refused to play from June 20th (announced on June 1st), and was contracted to play until June 30th?
    3 games.

1 goal in those 3 games would have kept us up. 

But fuck him. 
    AneKe's equalising goal against Reading at home would have kept us up-it was incorrectly given offside.
    So we can't pin it all on Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Campbell should never have been risked by Holden especially with Egbo on the bench, poor from him
    Egbo was not on the bench he was injured in the warm up 

Are there many other teams out there who keep getting players injured when warming up?
  • Options
    Didn’t think Fraser played last night.
    time for mcCrappy Kirk and payne   to be moved on. 
  • Options
    Three avoidable, piss-poor goals given away there. 
    Didn't we say the same last season......and the season before?