Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Campbell leaving in a protective boot
    Seriously? That’s really shit news.
  • Options
    Were Chin and Campbell knocks or pull ups?
  • Options
    It will all be ok!
  • Options
    Please tell me we’re out of the pissy pizza trophy shithouse cnut cup
    Nah. Still in it. Will probably make the knock out stages where we lose away to Exeter. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Not many teams will go to Newport Pagnell and get a result this season 
    Usual service (station) resumed 
  • Options
    First Golfie of the season where CAFC is concerned. 
    Oh gawd...you're going to use that attention-seeking term this season too.
    It's not attention seeking. I dont fucking care what its called.......but we've only come back to win twice in around 100 games once we conceded first. 

Call it what you want.....I felt fucking care. 
    Let's agree on just calling it a comeback then.
  • Options
    It will all be ok!
    We're fucked!
  • Options
    It will all be ok!
    We're fucked!
    Oh I don't know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:

Just emphasises why we shouldn't play pre season friendlies. 

Ahhhhh....
  • Options
    These shit cup competitions, too early in the season players, not up to fitness yet
  • Options
    Nah. Still in it. Will probably make the knock out stages where we lose away to Exeter. 
    Deal , priority number 1 is failure in that shameful comp.
  • Options
     Especially if they're buying petrol!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    the only bright side is we might stop hearing people say that the likes of payne, mgrandles, kirk etc will be useful squad players - no they won't and i didn't need to see them play tonight to know that - and dj couldn't even make the squad - tripe the lot of em  
    Bit of a difference between bringing them on to see out a game or find a late goal and starting them all together though isn't there? Squad players are best used in limited minute appearances across the season. If they were capable of all starting together and playing brilliantly they wouldn't be squad players would they? They'd be the first team
    if you say so 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Edun lwb, CBT rwb for Saturday then. 
  • Options

Man of the match Kirk 5.5
  • Options
    No Leaburn, no Aneke and no other strikers apart from May and Kanu so we have to play people out of position, and the most effective one at that (Campbell) is also injured now. 

Ironically Campbell only came on because the backup right wing back got injured and the backup to the backup also got injured in warm up
  • Options
    So not only are we already short on quality up top and at right wing back, we're also short in numbers in those positions too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More gutted about Campbell picking up a potential long term injury, than the result tonight, it never rains when it pours.
  • Options
    First Golfie of the season where CAFC is concerned. 
    Oh gawd...you're going to use that attention-seeking term this season too.
    It's not attention seeking. I dont fucking care what its called.......but we've only come back to win twice in around 100 games once we conceded first. 

Call it what you want.....I felt fucking care. 
    Let's agree on just calling it a comeback then.
    Doesn't really cover it. You can be 1 up, then 2 -1 down & "comeback" to win 3-2.

It's a CFDW   Concede first don't win. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    3 potential injuries, it seems we still have massive question marks hanging over our medical set up, our joke of injury rate has gone on for far too long now, we just fail to manage players fitness and conditioning properly. 

If the trend continues then a long turgid season could await yet again, it doesn't matter how long the transfer window is open for or how loaded we are, we can't afford nor register the amount of quality needed to keep up with the attrition rate.

Poor bastards have signed up to plsy at Se-somme
  • Options
    to palace reserves 
  • Options
    This result was always a risk as you take May, Fraser and CBT out of the side you lose most of its goal threat which even with them is an area for improvement. It needs addressing with the new signings.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Hopefully in the Jack Regan/ witness protection/Jag sense of the phrase?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So not only are we already short on quality up top and at right wing back, we’re also short in numbers in those positions tooup 

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Difficult place to go. Playing abroad can be challenging.
    Just ask Lyle Taylor (I'll stop now).