Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taylor talking about scoring a hattrick against Mansfield seen by only 1200 fans. Moaning that early rounds aren't really thought of much.

Saying of course managers will prioritise the league. Promotion to Championship is worth £7.5m and to Premier League £200m. 
    Son says he answers why he didnt play once games restarted after Lockdown. 

Easy to answer......

" I'm a big c**t & didnt want to honour my contract with my employer as I feared getting injured......although I got injured 6 months previously playing for my country & my employer stood by me then...."

Love to ask him how his big money move planned out. "Tell me Lyle, just how many mins of Premier League action did you actually get to play ??"

How many weeks of your life have you cleared 20k? 
    Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

Club should have sued him. 
    I hate Taylor as much as the next guy but calm down, Golfie. 

You know full well he didn’t break his contract. 
    But he did?
    He didn't. 
  • Options

90+4' Chance for Hector.

May's lob is smothered by Townsend but only as far as Kanu, who lays the ball off to Hector and he skims the side-netting.#ncafc 3️⃣ #cafc 1️⃣

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) August 8, 2023
  • Options
    I'm here for the meltdown. 
    This Lino is me when the FT whistle goes

Linesman Darren Cann with 99 pace Aston Villa vs West Brom - YouTube
  • Options
    90+7
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    I think it's fair to say that on tonight's evidence, none of which I've actually seen, Kirk should have his contract cancelled just like Chuks
    And ultimately paying Kirk and Chuks a million quid will save us money by next week. Wibble.
    Pay Chuks half a mill to Tonya Harding Kirk so they both have to retire and Hollywood pays us loads of money to make a film about it 
  • Options
    I'm here for the meltdown. 
    Me too. 
  • Options

Win a pointless cup game: "winning breeds confidence" "carry it into the league" "good to get a cup run and prize money" "excellent chance for the youth"

Also 

Lose a pointless cup game: "doesn't matter" 

• Options
    First time we have lost to Newport for nearly 100 years.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taylor talking about scoring a hattrick against Mansfield seen by only 1200 fans. Moaning that early rounds aren't really thought of much.

Saying of course managers will prioritise the league. Promotion to Championship is worth £7.5m and to Premier League £200m. 

Easy to answer......

" I'm a big c**t & didnt want to honour my contract with my employer as I feared getting injured......although I got injured 6 months previously playing for my country & my employer stood by me then...."

Love to ask him how his big money move planned out. "Tell me Lyle, just how many mins of Premier League action did you actually get to play ??"

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He refused to play from June 20th (announced on June 1st), and was contracted to play until June 30th?
  • Options
    I go away for half an hour and this is the result lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Our squad is not strong enough currently.   We're better off out of the Competition whilst we concentrate on the league.

Lots more attention needed sadly.

In defence and attack.
    If only the owners knew that afew weeks ago.
  • Options
    This loss is a clever ploy to reduce our minutes from all these extra minutes being played!
  • Options
    90+9
  • Options
    Lol 

• Options
    edited August 2023
    FT: Clwb Pêl-droed Cymdeithas Sir Casnewydd 3-1 Charlton Athletic

They'll be dancing on the streets of Casnewydd tonight!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Easy to answer......

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He refused to play from June 20th (announced on June 1st), and was contracted to play until June 30th?
    He didn't technically refuse to play.  He told Bowyer he wouldn't give 100%, or words to that effect, so Bowyer couldn't pick him.

Morally he broke his contract but not technically.
  • Options
    Full Time. 3-1 to Newport County.
  • Options
    Dominating possession, passing and shots but that on target stat shows our biggest problem. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gillingham 3 Southampton 0.club with ambition losing 3 -0 .its not only  us   
  • Options
    Hope there is nothing wrong with Campbell

The sub gets subbed after less than 45mins of Football
    Campbell is obviously starting at Peterboro on Saturday.

• Options
    So my view on gaps in the squad - RWB, CM, CF plus subs across the board. 
  • Options
    First Golfie of the season where CAFC is concerned. 
    You have to stop referring to it as that. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, let’s keep the post-match thoughts here.
  • Options
    First Golfie of the season where CAFC is concerned. 
    Oh gawd...you're going to use that attention-seeking term this season too.
    It's not attention seeking. I dont fucking care what its called.......but we've only come back to win twice in around 100 games once we conceded first. 

Call it what you want.....I felt fucking care. 
    To be fair the term was coined by other members of the forum.