Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD (+POST P13): Newport County v Charlton Athletic: Tues 8th Aug 2023: (EFL Cup Rd 1)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taylor talking about scoring a hattrick against Mansfield seen by only 1200 fans. Moaning that early rounds aren't really thought of much.

Saying of course managers will prioritise the league. Promotion to Championship is worth £7.5m and to Premier League £200m. 
    Son says he answers why he didnt play once games restarted after Lockdown. 

Easy to answer......

" I'm a big c**t & didnt want to honour my contract with my employer as I feared getting injured......although I got injured 6 months previously playing for my country & my employer stood by me then...."

Love to ask him how his big money move planned out. "Tell me Lyle, just how many mins of Premier League action did you actually get to play ??"

How many weeks of your life have you cleared 20k? 
    Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

Club should have sued him. 
    I hate Taylor as much as the next guy but calm down, Golfie. 

You know full well he didn’t break his contract. 
    But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He refused to play from June 20th (announced on June 1st), and was contracted to play until June 30th?
    He didn't technically refuse to play.  He told Bowyer he wouldn't give 100%, or words to that effect, so Bowyer couldn't pick him.

Morally he broke his contract but not technically.
    They both say in that video that he said he wouldn't play.

The quote from Bowyer at the time was ""Lyle's one of them and that's tough for us and for me as a manager. Lyle has said that he's not going to play because of risk of injury".
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Taylor talking about scoring a hattrick against Mansfield seen by only 1200 fans. Moaning that early rounds aren't really thought of much.

Saying of course managers will prioritise the league. Promotion to Championship is worth £7.5m and to Premier League £200m. 

Easy to answer......

" I'm a big c**t & didnt want to honour my contract with my employer as I feared getting injured......although I got injured 6 months previously playing for my country & my employer stood by me then...."

Love to ask him how his big money move planned out. "Tell me Lyle, just how many mins of Premier League action did you actually get to play ??"

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He refused to play from June 20th (announced on June 1st), and was contracted to play until June 30th?
    3 games.

1 goal in those 3 games would have kept us up. 

But fuck him. 
    We won two of those games.
  • Options
    I liked how seriously Garner took these games. Yeah, they came with risks, but also rewards. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Easy to answer......

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

But he did?
    He didn't. 
    He didn't technically refuse to play.  He told Bowyer he wouldn't give 100%, or words to that effect, so Bowyer couldn't pick him.

Morally he broke his contract but not technically.
    They both say in that video that he said he wouldn't play.

The quote from Bowyer at the time was ""Lyle's one of them and that's tough for us and for me as a manager. Lyle has said that he's not going to play because of risk of injury".
    He's such a prick. It wasn't even the reason they were being allowed to opt out of playing (Covid).
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Thanks for the updates.

I'm here for the meltdown and the people bitching about meltdowners for this crock of shit/ morale boosting cup competition (importance depending on result)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Last London club in the cup last year, first London club out the cup this year 
    Millwall lost too
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    First Golfie of the season where CAFC is concerned. 
    You have to stop referring to it as that. 
    Will do 👍
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFC_boi said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Easy to answer......

Not the point.

He broke his contract. 

But he did?
    He didn't. 
    3 games.

1 goal in those 3 games would have kept us up. 

But fuck him. 
    We won two of those games.
    We'd have definitely beat Cardiff though with Lyle, we dominated them for large parts and a proper finisher would have ended the game. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Well that was disappointing. I suppose we’re all waiting for some feedback from those there. Didn’t seem too many positives though. However…

DO ME A FAVOUR, STOP CLOGGING UP A MATCH THREAD TALKING ABOUT LYLE TAYLOR. PLEASE TAKE IT TO ANOTHER THREAD
    Oh Lyle Taylor, I remember him now you mention it. 

p.s I'll stop now. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    cafc4life said:
    Last London club in the cup last year, first London club out the cup this year 
    Millwall lost too
    We went out first. Our game kicked off at 7.30pm 😄
  • Options
    Concentrate on the league 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate Taylor. 

He took a really bad corner, I'm told
  • Options
    On the positive side; saved myself a few quid not being able to buy a stream of the game. So, every cloud ....
  • Options
    Hopefully for five of these players can fuck off
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    the only bright side is we might stop hearing people say that the likes of payne, mgrandles, kirk etc will be useful squad players - no they won't and i didn't need to see them play tonight to know that - and dj couldn't even make the squad - tripe the lot of em  
    Problem is that it seems players have to leave before we bring any more in. And if teams don't want our players or the players dont want to leave then we are stuffed.
  • Options
    Kirk
    McGrandles
    Payne

Not good enough. 
  • Options
    I wonder if any of the Newport bar staff, tried to have a fight with our fans?
  • Options
    Campbell leaving in a protective boot
  • Options
    Please tell me we’re out of the pissy pizza trophy shithouse cnut cup